The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brogan Rafferty | D

GoldenAlien

On 2/22/2020 at 10:37 AM, Qwags said:

Rafferty's 40 points moves him into a tie for the club record for points by a D-man.

With who? Future Hall of Famer Bobby Sanguinetti.

Ahh yes, Comets legend Bobby Sanguinetti. He could have singlehandedly turned our fortunes around years ago if he'd gotten a shot at the bigs.. :P

On 2/24/2020 at 6:45 PM, Kanukfanatic said:

DING DING

Hilarious post of the day!!!

:lol:

Edit: he never was and still is not.  Just for clarification.

I only post this because it's funny.....

But Ding Ding Ding!

Hutton is 2nd in +/- and 4th in scoring on the current roster and his minutes are above 18 minutes a game

So, he probably is on LA....lol

2 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

I only post this because it's funny.....

But Ding Ding Ding!

Hutton is 2nd in +/- and 4th in scoring on the current roster and his minutes are above 18 minutes a game

So, he probably is on LA....lol

Fair enough. Hutton is a top 4 D on an AHL team.

We agree.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, vannuck59 said:

Craig Button is right maybe they are holding Rafferty back this year so he doesn't loose his rooky status next year, Like Quinn Hughes Rafferty has a lot upside. 

I'm not so sure. From the game reports it sounds like Rafferty is prone to a lot of boneheaded turnover and missed assignments defensively. Pretty sure they just want him to work on his game. 

1 minute ago, Fred65 said:

Craig Button

Craig Button on #TSN1040 on D Brogan Rafferty : "He can play right now, he is smart, heady and has on ice maturity. He will be a 2nd pair guy on the pp. He can play now.

Is this another sign that we are not signing Tanev?  

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Is this another sign that we are not signing Tanev?  

Hard to say because concurrent with Rafferty's arrival as an NHL player you have Tryamkin. Thats' quite a complex list  for RHD. Tanev/Myers, the incumbents, Stecher, Rafferty and Tryamkin. So what do you need the most, vet presence, skill, compatibility or toughness. To compound it JB has to sign some of them before he see's them even play a game.  On the other side LHD we're covered for two years … but either OJ makes it this coming season or he has to be traded.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

Hard to say because concurrent with Rafferty's arrival as an NHL player you have Tryamkin. Thats' quite a complex list  for RHD. Tanev/Myers, the incumbents, Stecher, Rafferty and Tryamkin. So what do you need the most, vet presence, skill, compatibility or toughness. To compound it JB has to sign some of them before he see's them even play a game.  On the other side LHD we're covered for two years … but either OJ makes it this coming season or he has to be traded.  

Rafferty takes Stecher’s place?

Tree takes Tanev’s place?

Rathbone has passed OJ already? 

7 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Connauton also played for Colorado last night. Doesn't make him a great defender. 

I saw Connauton about 25 feet away from me at the game last night when he was on the ice. I just started laughing and told my wife I was surprised he was still in the NHL lol.

Good for him to find a spot that is working for him. I wouldn't complain if I could have played as a bottom pairing NHL defender lol.  

I know we, as fans, give a lot of grief for some NHLers like Yannick Weber or currently some fans are ragging on Benn.  But even guys like Yannick Weber are elite at the sport compared to 99.9% of human beings and he is making a very good living making $675,000 per year.

Connauton is doing even better making $1,375,000 per year. I wouldn't mind that...

• Cheers 1