• Bruins in 5
    • Bruins in 6
    • Bruins in 7
    • Blue Jackets in 4
    • Blue Jackets in 5
    • Blue Jackets in 6
    • Blue Jackets in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/28/2019 at 12:00 AM

I doubt that Jenner, Andersson, Foligno, Savard, Jones, Dubinsky....will be as hospitable as Toronto was.  Boston won't have the ace of turning up the heat in this series like they did against a not very hard to play against, regular season built Leafs team.

This is a tough series to call in a lot of ways, but I like the way Columbus' blueline matches up relative to Toronto's against Boston.

I also like the balance and depth of their forward group better than Toronto's.

And the way Bobrovsky played in the first round, if he repeats that performance, better goaltending than Boston faced in round 1.

Boston may have finished higher, and had a bit more production from their top line, but I think Columbus underachieved this year, came into the playoffs on a roll, and are the stronger team through the depth of their lineup.  I also didn't think Boston would be taken to 7 games by Toronto - not that impressed by how limp some of their first round performances were = they can't afford any of those against Columbus.

I'm taking the CBJ in 6, maybe 7 - but lean towards 6.

1 hour ago, The_Rocket said:

This series doesn’t even matter since the islanders are winning the cup this year

I would actually love that. Tavares and the Leafs gets ousted in the 1st round, and Lamoriello and the Islanders go all the way. lol

It felt weird pulling for BOS last night, but if the Canadian hockey media and TOR fans weren't so arrogant and full of themselves, I may have cheered for the Leafs. Oh well. Canucks get a much higher pick at the Draft :) 

Back to the hate, Go BJs!

I thought Torts needed firing in Vancouver, (I blame the guy who started the "Torts. Greatest Canuck coach ever?" thread) but I think he's learned a lot from his past coaching experiences and is definitely the right kind of coach for a younger Jackets team.

It's easy to pick which team to cheer for, (I was one of the few here hoping the Leafs would knock off Boston) but even though my heart tells me Columbus, my head tells me Bruins in 7.

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to ADF: (A2) Boston Bruins vs. (WC2) Columbus Blue Jackets | Series tied 0-0
On 4/24/2019 at 9:00 AM, NUCKER67 said:

I would actually love that. Tavares and the Leafs gets ousted in the 1st round, and Lamoriello and the Islanders go all the way. lol

It felt weird pulling for BOS last night, but if the Canadian hockey media and TOR fans weren't so arrogant and full of themselves, I may have cheered for the Leafs. Oh well. Canucks get a much higher pick at the Draft :) 

Back to the hate, Go BJs!

The icing on the cake would be if the Isles offersheeted Marner in the offseason.

CBJ had 6000 people watching them practice the other day.   Their fan base is hungry for success. I like them taking out Bruins. Hope not too much rust from all the rest they had.  

Edited by Jaimito
  • Upvote 1