The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Canucks all in for Jason Zucker

1 minute ago, Generational.EP40 said:

Those are all reclamation projects. Nothing of significance. 

Going for sure NHLers, he’s lost every time. Leivo was an exception since the Leafs traded him out of goodwill but even then he’s no more than a fringe middle6 winger.

True. But has JB really had much to trade with? You need currency and players with NTC's are tainted. As a GM you also trade from a position of strength which he's never had. He's hasn't gone crazy trading firsts which is good. He inherited a mess. What was he supposed to dangle out there as a trade chip to land this top player?

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

43 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

I understand being a major Canuck fan. But saying Zucker is a camp dump is stupid. He has had 3 good years and knowledgeable hockey scouts think highly of him. Come on...:picard:

You're right. I'm just trying to low-ball them since they tried to low-ball us.

Zucker is basically a grittier less skilled Baertschi. Both are career 0.5 PPG. It's hard for me to value Zucker higher than our 40th pick. But I would do it for our 2nd straight up.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Alain Vigneault said:

Fenton to bend Benning over because he knows Jim is desperate to make playoffs to save his job?  I think yes.

Wouldn't be surprised if we threw in #10 to land him.

laughter-001.jpg.10a054a75b0a0f6db7aea09d22364cea.jpg

1 hour ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

That seems like an exaggeration. Going over his entire trade history, he's only made a handful of trades for established NHLers.

Pearson for Gudbranson = win

Spooner for Gagner = wash

Schenn for Del Zotto = win

Leivo for Carcone = win

Leipsic for Holm = win (albeit a very minor one)

Gudbranson & 5th for McCann & 2nd & 4th = loss

Sutter & 3rd for Bonino, Clendening & 2nd = loss

Prust for Kassian = loss

Bonino, 1st, Sbisa and 3rd for Kesler & 3rd = loss (Though Benning was obviously extremely handcuffed here)

Dorsett for 3rd = win

As far as I can tell, these are all of the trades Benning has made for somewhat established players.

5 wins, 1 tie, 4 losses. 

So the argument that Benning has lost every trade for an established player isn't a very strong one. If you want to make the argument that Benning hasn't won any of the bigger trades he's made, I think there's a stronger argument to be made.

Nilsson trade = win

vey for 2nd = tie

Beartschi for 2nd = win

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Alain Vigneault said:

Virtanen + Juolevi + 10 for Zucker.  Book it.

This won't end like y'all think it will end.

haha yeah right...Even Benning is not that dumb. He does this and he gets fired a minute later.

4 minutes ago, J-Dizzle said:

Today I’ve seen multiple proposals including, Boeser, Virtanen and Juolevi..... CDC is in full summer meltdown and it’s only June 5th.  By August people are going to be offloading EP, Horvat and Karlsson at this rate. 

:ph34r:

For wait for it....Jason Zucker :blink:

7 hours ago, grandmaster said:

Boeser will not be traded. JB recently named him as one of the untouchables.

We also won’t be giving up our 10th pick. The draft is here and that would not look good unless it was for a famous brother with a last name of Hughes. 

I doubt this happens. 

This.

• Upvote 1