The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks reveal new jerseys for 50th season

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, Crabcakes said:

64455431_295646371319018_4833018237379674112_n.png?_nc_cat=107&_nc_ad=z-m&_nc_cid=0&_nc_zor=9&_nc_ht=scontent.xx&oh=c824ee869e13f5aa0de1149b25297d07&oe=5D7B6022

For me this shot puts it in better perspective.  The jersey's are all fine.  I don't care for the striping on the alternate but the rest is ok and I'm glad it doesn't say Vancouver any more

There all good aside from the Heritage jersey for me.

Would've rather gone retro like we did in 2011 (except with the blue inaugural jersey) than trying to re-create it like they did. And even then I could live with the modern white stick-in-rink if they would've done a better job elsewhere.

Just throw a white stripe in-between the green & it would've been fine. Not sure what they were thinking. 

Edited by Smashian Kassian
  • Upvote 4

7 hours ago, Comeback_Kings said:

I like the new take on the stick and rink logo.   

Vancouver Canucks New Jersey 2019 2020.jpg

I like the logo itself. It really shows the Canucks “C” better. Pops. But major fail on the stripes. Make one of the green stripes on the bottom and arms white and the jersey would be a lot better. The double green line looks out of place and there’s no tie in to the rest of the white. 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, vancouverbucsfan said:

GARBAGE!!! All of them!Won't be buying any of them. I only buy Johnny Canuck merchandise as the team is named after the lumberjack. Not a killer whale! And no Johnny Canuck jersey to boot! Had a perfect opportunity to draft a player at the the draft being held here and viewed buy millions and put a Johnny Canuck jersey on! Called MARKETING!!! Even a Johnny Canuck jersey as an alternate third for 10 games a season would have made sense! Team owners Aqualoonies are totally clueless! In all my USA travels I have had so many hockey fans come up to me complimenting me on my green Johnny canuck jersey. They tell me tell your team to throw it on a jersey and we would buy it! Long time 11 game ice pack holder here. Disappointing to say the least. Supposedly Aquaman loves the constipated looking orca. Why not name the team the Vancouver Orca's instead? 

zhk34nas0rdz.jpg

original (3).jpg

original (2).jpg

images.png

900.jpg

• Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

How much did it run you, if you dont mind me asking?

$333 and change through Vanbase. Free shipping as well with coupon code "Freeship".

That includes taxes too. Considering it an early bday gift to myself. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, peaches5 said:

My first impression of the third jersey was ew. After looking at it some more it's not that bad. It has a nice retro feel and the C is prominent to make it more unique to being a Canuck Jersey.

I'm in a similar boat. my initial reaction was to recoil  and although there are still design elements I'm not crazy about (the white collar mostly), it's definitely growing on me. 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, tas said:

I'm in a similar boat. my initial reaction was to recoil  and although there are still design elements I'm not crazy about (the white collar mostly), it's definitely growing on me. 

Yeah, I love the modernized stick in rink crest, but they missed a real great opportunity to tie it in with a more heritage look.

Would of loved to see if they could carry over the "rain" perforations in the actual white of the crest too. Might have looked real spiffy.

I'll buy a hat with the logo at the very least... Or I'll get drunk enough to order a Petey version half way through the season.

Edited by JRSJ

2 hours ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

I like the logo itself. It really shows the Canucks “C” better. Pops. But major fail on the stripes. Make one of the green stripes on the bottom and arms white and the jersey would be a lot better. The double green line looks out of place and there’s no tie in to the rest of the white. 

I've hated the stick in rink since they joined the NHL. This is the first time I haven't minded the logo. The C does seem more pronounced and without the white striping the logo stands out more. One big complaint from the time they introduced the stick in rink as an alternate was our primary and alternate looked too much alike. Leaving out the white striping does make it more distinctly different from the primary while retaining all three colors with the white numbers and a predominately white logo. Plus, despite being the same blue and green as the primary it seems darker without the white striping. This is the first stick in rink jersey I can say I don't mind. I don't love it, but that's a big step up from hating it. 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Yup. They're all fine except the heritage needs the white stripe and V of the actual heritage jersey.

• Upvote 1