The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks aggressively pursuing Tyson Barrie

3 minutes ago, rekker said:

Exactly. I figure best we could or should offer is a second, Tanev, Jake. I'm positive the Avs will get better offers than that. 

If there's one thing that the Karlsson and Trouba trades proved, it's that a D-man that is 1 year from UFA isn't worth nearly as much as people seem to think they are. And both Karlsson and Trouba are far superior D-men to Barrie.

A trade-down from 10th to 16th (the Avs' own pick) would provide some value. Rumours are that Canucks are open to trading down. That way Colorado could go with Byram at #4, and still get a future close-to-ready Top-6 F at #10. But that would probably be a deal that would be done right at the draft, depending on who is available at 10.

Colorado's bottom-6 needs help, and they play a fast, fore-checking game, so Virtanen could also fit well there. I'd be content with swapping picks and Virtanen for Barrie. Perhaps - depending again on who falls to #10 - that is close to getting it done?

• Upvote 1

Hopefully if we do deal for him, it comes with an automatic extension.

Still concerned what the cost would be to secure Tyson Barrie, cause the Avs are looking for secondary scoring.  Me thinks their asking price starts at Bo Horvat....and that is when I laugh and hang up the phone.  No way in hell do we even consider any talks moving Bo Horvat.

Edited by CRAZY_4_NAZZY
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, D-Money said:

If there's one thing that the Karlsson and Trouba trades proved, it's that a D-man that is 1 year from UFA isn't worth nearly as much as people seem to think they are. And both Karlsson and Trouba are far superior D-men to Barrie.

A trade-down from 10th to 16th (the Avs' own pick) would provide some value. Rumours are that Canucks are open to trading down. That way Colorado could go with Byram at #4, and still get a future close-to-ready Top-6 F at #10. But that would probably be a deal that would be done right at the draft, depending on who is available at 10.

Colorado's bottom-6 needs help, and they play a fast, fore-checking game, so Virtanen could also fit well there. I'd be content with swapping picks and Virtanen for Barrie. Perhaps - depending again on who falls to #10 - that is close to getting it done?

Colorado is looking for a top-6 F to complement their top line.   They don't want more bottom-6 F.

Benning is looking at D.  

Benning told us he would be looking at D.

The names available in potential trades seem much more appealing than the UFAs now that Edler is off the market.

Still hoping he can weaponize the cap space, but to date hasn't been able to.

I hope tomorrow is busy and that he doesn't do anything particularly short sited.

• Cheers 1

Edler-Barrie

Hughes-Schenn

Hutton-Stecher

would be pretty awesome and even better would be 

Edler-Barrie

Gardiner-Stecher

Hughes-Schenn

but that would be a very expensive back end next season.

gardiner would be what 7.5 / season

Barrie would be like 8.5

Edler at 6 

i guess it woildnt be too bad.

it would be a small puck moving mobile blueline and we’d have guys fighting for PP minutes tho 

20 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Exactly this.

I think we need to look no further than the Edler outcome to fully realize that all these pundits are simply chucking darts at a wall hoping that something sticks and they get some exposure. 

It's quite embarrassingly shameful imo how this time of year brings out the click-baiters like no other time other than perhaps tdl. 

Maybe the deal kept changing. Can’t question his credibility because of 1 changing agreement 

42 minutes ago, Fateless said:

So Botchford dies and all the sudden Dhaliwal has become the CDC whipping boy? The guy is just reporting news/rumours that he hears, he is not claiming that they will happen. I for one am glad to know what types of players the management group is having discussions about because it speaks a lot to the teams direction, even if nothing comes of the rumours. I was also happy to hear the stages of the Edler negotiations. I don't get why all the sudden people are hating on Dhaliwal. His reporting style has not changed.

This is how I see it too.  He can bug me a bit on the radio but he is still an excellent source.

it’s not like if a rumor is reported and a trade doesn’t happen that the rumor wasn’t true, it means there was discussions but an agreement couldn’t be worked out.  I love the rumors and I believe they all come from somewhere and Rick doesn’t want to lose credibility by false reporting. 

Edited by brian42
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Benning is looking at D.  

Benning told us he would be looking at D.

The names available in potential trades seem much more appealing than the UFAs now that Edler is off the market.

Still hoping he can weaponize the cap space, but to date hasn't been able to.

I hope tomorrow is busy and that he doesn't do anything particularly short sited.

thats for sure.

I'd rather 'weaponize' extending quality players on slight overpayments than take on another teams crap for picks tho. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Rob_Zepp said:

For what it is worth, Avs and Ducks both want to know more about Sutter.   May mean nothing but who knows.....

I can see why a team that is close to being a Cup level competitor would like Sutter, but why would the Ducks?

Just now, Alflives said:

I can see why a team that is close to being a Cup level competitor would like Sutter, but why would the Ducks?

I can't answer for either team but my guess is they have to come up with a Kesler replacement.

13 minutes ago, Alflives said:

That's a very fair proposal.  Then we draft Seider at 16.  

15 minutes ago, The_Rocket said:

Tanev + 10th for Barrie + 16th? Canucks have to add more?

I would be all over that deal - Seider would be perfect (would need to make sure he is there at 16).

You think Colorado does that deal though? Maybe add the rights to Jack Rathbone as a sweetener?

5 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

For what it is worth, Avs and Ducks both want to know more about Sutter.   May mean nothing but who knows.....

This makes sense.  If Colorado added say Tanev and Sutter they wouldn't have to win every game 6-5.  They are close and scoring isn't an issue for them.  They need some defensive help. 

• Upvote 1