The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nils Hoglander | #21 | LW

ItalianCanuck1

19 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Schroeder had 11 pts in his 2nd trip to Jr's.....   just sayin.

Would you rather, he didn't have any points...

Lighten up a little... until proven other wise, it at least looks promising...

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Marchand is on pace for 116 points which would break the all time Canucks regular season scoring record held by Henrik Sedin.  Let's not get carried away here...

seriously people ...

the shrieks will be deafening if he goes all dahlen on us. 

4 hours ago, clutesi said:

Marchand dreams of Hoglander's skill set. He also cries after losing in the playoffs :)

Players that get angry / upset when their team loses ....  thats the kind of player i would want on my team if i was coach / gm. 

• Cheers 1

The Filthy Hog is short but big....I actually see him benefiting with his size....hard angle to check him and knock him off the puck...plus The Hog is tough with super Swed Viking hockey skills. 

GrrRR  CaNUCkS!!! AsseMBLE.

7E563279-C0FD-47BE-B34D-BBC13426C5A2.jpeg

• Upvote 1

On 1/3/2020 at 12:27 AM, Dats hockey said:

Anywhere in our top 6 sounds good, it’s incredible how much excitement of prospect we have gotten since the arrival of JB but people want him gone

Agreed, this is the 4th straight year where Canuck fans get to watch a Phenom rookie. 

Back when Brock Boeser took his team on his back and won the NCAA Championship

Then watching Brock’s rookie season while at the same time watching Pettersson break 40 year old records in arguably the second best league in the world. 

Last year we saw Pettersson win the Calder while seeing a glimpse of Hughes. He shows he’s ready for the NHL in his limited games

and All the while this year Hughes is having a great season and among the best rookies in the NHL, we’re watching another phenom.  Hoglander.

Reinventing the game, making the impossible look routine.  Now leads the entire 2020 iihf tourney in points.  

Edited by Pure961089

1 hour ago, DontFockWithBrock said:

Hoglander Pettersson Boeser

Miller Horvat Podkolzin

Pearson Gaudette Virtanen

Ferland Beagle Roussel

MacEwen Lind 

I like that

If both Hoglander and Podkolzin pan out, this is a very deep forward group! I think we should see this line up in two years. Beagle's contract is expiring at that time. Maybe he will be replaced by Madden or some free agents?

On 1/2/2020 at 9:12 PM, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

Hoglander reminds me of Marchand without the cheapshots, rat face, and slewfooting

I agree with this a lot. Although I think Marchand is more of a leader for his team that Hoglander will be. But I think Marchand is the best example of a current NHL players style comparison for Hoglander.