The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Luongo Retires

Rate this topic

34 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

the Panthers and there 20 fans can f off

My blood is boiling. 

As for Luongo buying an ad in the province... This means absolutely nothing. It's not even pocket change for him. 

It means absolutely nothing. 

His entire NHL letter he talked about Florida... Its %100 clear Vancouver means absolutely nothing to him. He mentioned Vancouver once bringing up the Sedins and burrows 

The day he goes into the ring of honour will be a travesty. He doesn't deserve it one bit unless he resolves this. It's clear he retired because of injuries. 

We made him into the icon he became. We revolutionized the act of "Luuuing" 30+ times a game. 

Guess he didn't feel enough support from the 18500 fans who cheered him 30x a game....  he only had Florida's best interest at hand and has turned on the die hards that supported him through thick and thin 

Selfish move Roberto. Glad we spanked you and your pathetic franchise on January 13th 2019. Florida is the most pathetic dumpster on this planet. 

SMH... He choses to go somewhere where school shootings are big and the country is ran by trump over our pristine province... 

Edit: I need some time away from this bs. I've never felt so betrayed hockey wise. If luongo wants to be part of the panthers front office and never win a cup in his life then I guess that's his prerogative and I should support him never wanting to win a cup 

Edited by apollo
  • Wat 2
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, apollo said:

My blood is boiling. 

As for Luongo buying an ad in the province... This means absolutely nothing. It's not even pocket change for him. 

His entire NHL letter he talked about Florida... Its %100 clear Vancouver means absolutely nothing to him. He mentioned Vancouver once bringing up the Sedins and burrows 

The day he goes into the ring of honour will be a travesty. He doesn't deserve it one bit unless he resolves this. It's clear he retired because of injuries. 

We made him into the icon he became. We revolutionized the act of "Luuuing" 30+ times a game. 

Guess he didn't feel enough support from the 18500 fans who cheered him 30x a game....  he only had Florida's best interest at hand and has turned on the die hards that supported him through thick and thin 

Selfish move Roberto. Glad we spanked you and your pathetic franchise on January 13th 2019. Florida is the most pathetic dumpster on this planet. 

SMH... He choses to go somewhere where school shootings are big and the country is ran by trump over our pristine province... 

Edit: I need some time away from this bs. I've never felt so betrayed hockey wise. If luongo wants to be part of the panthers front office and never win a cup in his life then I guess that's his prerogative and I should support him never wanting to win a cup 

Wow, tell us how you really feel.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 1

1 hour ago, apollo said:

My blood is boiling. 

idk why media is congratulating him, he fuked us over. He can be all over panthers tiny dyk and see that franchise relocate. I hope he never comes to vancouver. Never deserved the cup that selfish fella

• Like 1

2 hours ago, apollo said:

My blood is boiling. 

he also refused a had to Toronto a year before and there offer was better than Flordias 

What I'm wondering is... why didn't JB trade a pending UFA/RFA  that he wasn't going to resign to Florida for Luongo… then simply buy him out. Florida gets to just let the guy walk... no cost, no recapture. and Vancouver pays out of pocket at a discounted amount instead of getting hit for $3M per year for the next 3 years. 

11 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

What I'm wondering is... why didn't JB trade a pending UFA/RFA  that he wasn't going to resign to Florida for Luongo… then simply buy him out. Florida gets to just let the guy walk... no cost, no recapture. and Vancouver pays out of pocket at a discounted amount instead of getting hit for $3M per year for the next 3 years. 

bettman would  have veto'ed the trade

24 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

Add those 2 columns together and you get the cap hit we would take on a buyout of Luongo. The recapture is much cheaper.

Screenshot_20190627-125330_Chrome.jpg

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, apollo said:

My blood is boiling. 

How dare he show more loyalty to his teammates of the last 6 years over the team that ran him out of town.  

Grow up man. 

Edited by qwijibo
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

On 6/26/2019 at 8:39 PM, ItsAllOursBoys said:

I remember seeing Canucks GM Dave Nonis on "After Hours" one Saturday night (before Luongo was traded to the Canucks). He was asked who he thought the best goalie in the world was and before the interviewer could finish his question, Nonis blurted out "Roberto Luongo!!".  Shortly after, the Canucks traded Todd Bertuzzi, Alex Auld and Bryan Allen to the Panthers for Roberto Luongo, Lukas Krajicek and a 6th rounder.

One of the best trades in Canuck history!

• Thanks 1