The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Article] Sutter is not a shutdown centre

Rate this topic

Ossi Vaananen

4 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Are you talking about a driving  sweet ride from all those huge pay checks the last 2 years when he has barely played......

if we get 17 goal Sutter back this year you'll be happy 

• Cheers 2

This isn’t new... Sutter has slowed down.  When we first signed him he was a legit shutdown guy.  But a few years and injuries and he has slowed down - he is finished.  He just can’t get to the puck anymore.   Have u actually seen him play in the last 2 years?   Night and day from the player he used to be.  Just didn’t last as long as his contract.... the dice were rolled and this is what we got.  

Edited by canucksnihilist
  • Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

Last season stunk but he was decent the two before that.  

I trust the “analytics” to do a better job explaining what happened than predicting the upcoming season.  Sutter says he’s healthy and ready to go - if he can play like he used to I think he’s going to contribute to the team’s success.  

Canuck wingers have to draw straws to see who gets stuck on Sputters line.....  guy can't make a pass and pucks go to  die on his stick. 

• Wat 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, kingofsurrey said:

Canuck wingers have to draw straws to see who gets stuck on Sputters line.....  guy can't make a pass and pucks go to  die on his stick. 

Derek Dorsett’s career high pace of 28 goals disagrees with your piss poor take. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, stawns said:

The biggest takeaway, for me, is that we clearly have different definitions of "article".

That's the problem these days. If it's online it's an "article". Many don't seem to get that the majority now are bloggers which is no more credible than posting right here as a random fan. Hey look... I just wrote an article about bloggers....

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

On 8/30/2019 at 6:50 PM, Tre Mac said:

As evidence from the "But he was injured" responses.

Duh.

He played 26 games last year.  That's the sample this leave-it-to-dumbass article is based on.

One part desperate for attention, and one part opportunistic cherry picking = feeding on the ignorance of the reactionary elements of the 'fanbase'.

Click-bait-success = lots of CDC will buy it.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

You can always tell the people full of cow pucks just by how they write their opinion.

• Cheers 3

This is what happens when goldfish get their hands on introductory 'analyticz'.

Let's do the same to Baertschi.

Same amount of games last year = 26.

64.8% ozone starts.

45.3% corsi.

2.1 on ice goals for, 3.5 against.  -9.

And that is while playing with a guy like Horvat.

Baertschi is not an NHL forward.

Nevermind 9 goals - the point is to outscore your opponent, particularly when you are fed OVER TWICE the ozone starts that a player like Sutter is. 

See how easy that is. 

Derp.

Sign me up for Leave-it-to-dumbass.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2