The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Justin Trudeau apologizes for wearing brownface during 2001 event at school

CBH1926

I love this. SJW poster boy is a low key racist. He lies and lies,  and never fufills his promises. This man is fake, and from a privileged life where he still faces 0 repructions for his actions.

His brothers DUI

Brownface and Blackface

SNC Lavalin

Etc.

He is a fraud, and Canadians have been made to look like fools with his Carbon tax and proposed capital gains tax.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

yup he did. Thats owning it. Short of quitting thats about as much as he can say. 

He should quit, unfortunately the liberals would have a better chance at winning. The cpc needs people with more charisma, Rempel, Pollievre for example. Scheer has some good policy idea but if a wildly unpopular JT can beat him it shows how hum drum he is.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

I love this. SJW poster boy is a low key racist. He lies and lies,  and never fufills his promises. This man is fake, and from a privileged life where he still faces 0 repructions for his actions.

His brothers DUI

Brownface and Blackface

SNC Lavalin

Etc.

He is a fraud, and Canadians have been made to look like fools with his Carbon tax and proposed capital gains tax.

I love this.

The amount of hurdles you people on the right are going through to play the victim is amusing.

You forgot woman beater for that vicious assault in parliament a few years back

Must suck always playing the victim

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

His brothers DUI

Brownface and Blackface

SNC Lavalin

Etc.

If this got this kind of response from you, I’d hate to see what you would say about everything the conservatives stand for. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Someone said it best.

It's like between the two of them they're trying to not be elected

Its funny because that really seems to be the case.... I have a hard time voting for either and the other 3 parties I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole.

19 hours ago, Alflives said:

Totally agree.  JT lived a sheltered life.  I believe him when he says that at that time he didn’t understand the racism of wearing a coloured person’s face.  He admitted he was ignorant.  Now he’s learned.  Good for him.  

I don’t buy it Alf.  He was a “drama teacher” and doesn’t know the historical connotations of black face?  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

https://www.thestar.com/politics/federal/2019/09/19/trudeau-says-he-didnt-know-in-2001-that-blackface-was-wrong-experts-say-that-doesnt-sound-right.html

Trudeau says he didn’t know in 2001 that blackface was wrong. Experts say that doesn’t sound right

On Wednesday night, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau apologized for wearing brownface to an Arabian Nights themed party, saying he didn't know such behaviour was wrong at the time. But experts in anti-Black racism reacted with skepticism, saying such acts have always been racist, and that there had been public debate over such issues long before 2001.

“There was never a time when blackface was okay,” says Kathy Hogarth, a University of Waterloo associate professor in social work, though she says blackface and racism have also always been acceptable to some people. “The level of acceptance with something that is wrong doesn’t make it right.”

Experts say it’s hard to accept the Liberal leader’s claim that he didn’t know better back then because blackface, the act of painting one’s skin a dark colour, is steeped in racism, and well before 2001, opposition to this type of exaggerated imitation had been raging.

Article Continued Below

It’s totally disingenuous,” says Rinaldo Walcott, director of the University of Toronto’s Women & Gender Studies Institute. “By 2001, when he would have been 29 years old, there would have been debates around these concerns.”

Blackface was part of the getup used in minstrel shows performed first in 1830s New York, in which white actors with darkened faces, exaggerated lips and tattered clothing mimicked African slaves and plantation workers. They were portrayed as lazy, cowardly, hypersexual thieves, allowing poor and working-class white people to advance their own status by playing on stereotypes about Black people.

As Ryerson University assistant professor Cheryl Thompson notes in an opinion piece she wrote for the Star, this genre loomed large in Canada in the 1850s right through to the 1960s, performed regularly at high school graduations, summer camps, churches and more.

“After the 1960s, however, as a wave of socio-cultural shifts swept across North America, such as multiculturalism and affirmative action in the United States, coupled with more diverse representative on television and film, blackface was no longer accepted as routine,” Thompson writes.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Pears said:

If this got this kind of response from you, I’d hate to see what you would say about everything the conservatives stand for. 

Just because one side does something wrong it does not clear another of wrong doing.

Liberals and the new age social globalist are detrimental to society and Canada as a whole.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

I love this.

The amount of hurdles you people on the right are going through to play the victim is amusing.

You forgot woman beater for that vicious assault in parliament a few years back

Must suck always playing the victim

What the hell are you talking about? 

Rabble rabble woman beater rabble victim rabble rabble

Trudeau is the worst PM this country has ever had... Ironically since his father.

Edited by 5Fivehole0
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

I really really hope something surfaces where Scheer dressed up with black face in his past just to see the reaction of Liberals defending Trudeau.

Personally I am getting sick and tired of the double standards from both sides.  All it is doing is dividing us further, though that's really the point. 

People divided are easier to control.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

What the hell are you talking about? 

Rabble rabble woman beater rabble victim rabble rabble

Trudeau is the worst PM this country has ever had... Ironically since his father.

1 hour ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

https://trudeaumetre.polimeter.org/

An entire page dedicated to Trudeaus lies. 

Trump >> Trudeau

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/trumpometer/

Oh look.  More whining without any basis of actual fact and

Ohhh

A shiny page dedicated to Trudeau.  At least we know y'all are keeping occupied.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Grapefruits said:

I really really hope something surfaces where Scheer dressed up with black face in his past just to see the reaction of Liberals defending Trudeau.

Personally I am getting sick and tired of the double standards from both sides.  All it is doing is dividing us further, though that's really the point. 

People divided are easier to control.

Scheer in a native costume.  If there's a good please let it happen.

How entertaining would that be

5 hours ago, Warhippy said:

The current economic snapshot doesn't agree with you

You think all the part time and government jobs are a sign of prosperity? LOL

If those were real jobs created by industry we would have a 4 to 5 % increase not less then 2%.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1