Sign in to follow this  
-Vintage Canuck-

[Waivers] 18 players - Sept. 20, 2019

Crowded forward group in camp. Bailey would have had to walk on water to make the team.

• Upvote 1

Did Belesky actually get some games? Lol. Props to NY if he did. Sad to see Bailey go, but he'll be a good piece in Utica me thinks. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Did Belesky actually get some games? Lol. Props to NY if he did. Sad to see Bailey go, but he'll be a good piece in Utica me thinks. 

Beleskey wasn't even invited to training camp.  

2 minutes ago, mll said:

Not surprised. Would have been funny if he played though. Oh well. NY had to go and be smart.

Bailey should be a good call-up option if the Canucks need a 4th line energy winger.  Even then, I think he's going to be hard pressed to get a call-up over MacEwen though.

As far as forward call-ups are concerned, assuming the Canucks actually do demote Gaudette, I think the order right now would be:  Gaudette (primarily if a need opens up at centre but perhaps even on the wing), MacEwen (primarily as a winger but perhaps even as a centre), and then it's a bit of a toss-up between Bailey, Graovac, Perron, Jasek, etc depending on need.  If Schaller gets demoted, then I'd have to imagine that Schaller would be ahead of Bailey unless Bailey starts to out play him in Utica.

It will be interesting to see what roster moves will be made by the Canucks to start the season.  At this point, they basically have to cut at least one guy off the NHL roster while Roussel is on IR and at least one more when he's back.  While that could just mean waiving guys and risking their loss, a loss of one or two guys will probably still not make it any easier for other prospects like Lind and Gadjovich to break into the NHL.  It shouldn't be easy, of course, but it's nice to see this much depth.  Hopefully it pushes everyone to perform to their best and leads to a stronger NHL team or the ability for the Canucks to acquire more assets while letting some guys grow their careers.

• Upvote 1

This is a smart move waiving Bailey now. He wasn't making the team and the later you waive him, the more likely he gets claimed. Good way to sneak him through. I also didn't expect him to make the team. He will probably play 5-15 games with the Canucks this season anyways and he will be a good player for Utica.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

13 minutes ago, mll said:

That's embarrassing. Guy is making 4 million per year and gets cut so early in training camp.

16 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

That's embarrassing. Guy is making 4 million per year and gets cut so early in training camp.

obviously they want to drop his cap  he still gets paid no biggy to him

23 minutes ago, Quantum said:

This is a smart move waiving Bailey now. He wasn't making the team and the later you waive him, the more likely he gets claimed. Good way to sneak him through. I also didn't expect him to make the team. He will probably play 5-15 games with the Canucks this season anyways and he will be a good player for Utica.

Agreed 100%. I was going to post the same thing 

4 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

MEGNA

Jaycob.  Jayson signed with Colorado.

• Haha 1

Got to get that "Reece Scarlett" kid.  Great name.  

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 1

If this was last year and we still had our goalie issues I would of taken a flyer on Louis domingue!

3 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

It was good while it lasted Bailey.

he'll probably make it to Utica, so you may see him again 

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

he'll probably make it to Utica, so you may see him again 

Yeah, I really don't care. Hahahahaha.

• Haha 1