The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Los Angeles Kings at Vancouver Canucks | Oct. 09, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

That was all it was hyped up to be. A great evening - loved seeing Hank pass the C to Bo - truly the best part for me was seeing  Bert skating onto the ice.

Scoring from everywhere - 3 goals from our D

Now if we can just carry this forward .

Go Canucks Go

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

the interesting from this that the flying V is a Adidas jersey and not the original. HMMM maybe they are making a come back

Maybe even more interesting is the 40th is also an Adidas jersey. BRING BACK ALL THE STYLES!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Tyler Myers quietly had a strong game I thought. 

Then of course Jacob Markstrom is kinda getting lost in this, what did he make like 35 saves? 37? Something like that? He was really sharp when they needed to be. LA had some good moments, really took it too us in the 2nd, and Marky shut the door when need be.

Doughty's a baby, "team like that", you mean a better team than yours? Finished higher in the standings last year & will again this season. 

Yep you better get used to it Doughty. This Canucks team is going to spank a few teams this year...oh and the Kings are going to be cellar dwellers for at least the next 5 seasons.

9 hours ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Such a special player. I haven’t seen a Defenseman that mobile with those hands in years. Special, special player. Hit a home run with that draft pick. 

Wasn’t that JB quote at the draft? Hit a home run.

• Cheers 2

It strikes me, imagine how the players feel, if we are this happy......must be a big load off their minds

They will know that next game could be totally different, so keep an even keel, but now they know what they are capable of...….

That is a great feeling...…...I imagine the boys had a few pops last night

• Cheers 4

3 hours ago, EddieVedder said:

Good game for the boys, but the that was probably the worst game Quick has ever played.  We have to remember that the Kings are in retool mode with several players that shouldnt be in the NHL yet, playing.   

I liked the lines.  What i noticed most the past 2 games is how much more effective Sutter is on the wing.  He made something happen almost every shift.  Id love to see Jake with Gaudette and Ferland at some point too.  

They also beat CGY the night before 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, IBatch said:

Not sold on Leivo, yes he scored - but still think he’s got a lot to prove yet to show he deserves top six minutes and PP time and really wish Horvat didn’t have to continue with lesser quality wingers (although Pearson’s career has sure taken an uptick since arriving, nothing beats chemistry).   Would rather Bear was up but like management and probably a lot of us on the CDC fear for his career, not sure the AHL is any safer but at least the tempo is a bit slower and he has more time to get out of the way.  

You might be right - Bear will get another chance and when he does maybe he will stick for good (or until he’s injured-hopefully never again, Crosby’s career was also in question around the same age so you never know), his PPG definitely is decent second line production the past couple seasons.  

Goldobin is a tier down IMO, not sure his career is going to be much more then a career minor leaguer or eventually as a KHLer at this point. 

Totally agree on this...

Up until Leivo scored, he was not playing particularly well, for his top 6 minutes... 

I would have liked to see Baer together with Bo and Pearson, and who knows, we may get to at some stage.

With Ferland not gabbing the chance on the top line, and not really fitting in as of yet, there is definitely an opening on the 2nd line, which would fit Baertschi perfectly, except both he and Pearson are playing LW... Not sure if Pearson can play RW as I don't see them taking him of the 2nd line... But I would really like Baer there with Bo and Pearson if possible. 

And imagine 6 from 7 of Ferland, Roussel, Virtanen, Beagle, Motte, Sutter and Gaudette on the bottom 2 lines... That's some feisty lines with scoring potential... Maybe even 6 from 8 if Schaller can continue he play from yesterday... 

Maybe Leivo can play on the 3rd line... ?

If looks like its 2 from Leivo, LE and Baer for Utica, once Motte and Roussel are back, unless they sends Gaudette down (I can not see that happen, as he is very involved, but of course he needs to keep it up, as he would be the easy way out for management). All this of course only an issue if we stay healthy, and when has that ever happened. Maybe Leivo can play on the 3rd line, but who to leave out then?

And also agree on Goldie. Just don't see any room for him, unless we get injuries on the top line.... and it will also be extremely hard for LE to ever get a look in, if this is how they are going to play. 

Think this is going to be a very interesting team to follow over the next few years... just wow....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Was such a team effort for the Fans, the Canuck Legends and of course the new Captain Bo.

Can’t get enough of how smooth Quinn can skate the puck out of the defensive zone into the the offensive zone with such a silky style. We have never had this except maybe the closest with Hoff and Jeff Brown. But still we finally have the PMD that we desperately need and truly deserve after 50 years. On to the next one with the broad street bullies!

0F5A966B-9EAE-4F97-B1F3-44962DD9BB5E.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DarthMelvin said:

He's not saying anything untrue...we lost our first 2 games and one was against Edmonton. Quick was having a very bad night. Come on...8-2 WOW. If someone came on here and predicted the score they would have been laughed off the forum LOL. I am happy that we got the win on Bo's night for sure. And I am happy that we have some weight off the shoulders. Hopefully we can build off this. 

All he had to say was we should never be losing 8-2 to any team. That’s all he had to say.

But since Poughty is a sore loser he decided to throw in a dig at us. That’s what he does. 

Oh well we get the last laugh. Moving on.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Upvote 4

27 minutes ago, nergish said:

I got ripped for saying QH may one day be Vancouver’s best overall player...

Well, he has been through the first 3 games.

But you’re forgetting just how good Dahlin is. He’s brilliant. Like, best player in the world type upside.

Hughes at 7 was a blessing though, no doubt. 
You simply cannot understate the impact a roving OFD has on transitioning to offense and maintaining control of the puck.
He is one of the most gifted skaters I’ve ever witnessed, but his stickhandling and passing are also elite so he is always pushing the pace and making the smart play. 
But my favourite thing to do is rewind my PVR to examine how quickly he gets back to cover up an earlier gaffe he’s made:

“Uh oh, there’s a turnover! Get back Quinn!”

*camera pans towards Vancouver’s end*

**opposing player carries puck and attempts to enter the zone**

***a wild Hughes enters the edge of the frame***

”Wait, how did get back so fa...”

****Hughes skating twice as fast as anybody gets back and covers his man to break up the play****

Simply beautiful.

Hughes' skating (top end speed) is kind of like Paul Coffee.  I remember Coffee could attack, and then be super fast to get back.  I think as Quinn becomes more comfortable in his role (and having Tanev as a partner really helps too) that we will have a point per game D man.