The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PREDICT THE SCORE CONTEST: Canucks @ Kings October 30th 2019

Rate this topic

goalie13

9 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Shouldn't it be 1 point for the score instead of 1 point for the winner?

I suppose that's an option.

The way I have been doing it basically gives everyone a 50/50 shot at a single point, but if you get the score and the winner correct you get all 3 points.

4 minutes ago, goalie13 said:

I suppose that's an option.

The way I have been doing it basically gives everyone a 50/50 shot at a single point, but if you get the score and the winner correct you get all 3 points.

After all, the name of the contest is "Predict the Score", but I guess the standings will be too tight then.

In that case, wouldn't I be at 10 points right now? Before last game, I was at 8 points. Afterwards, I got the winner (Canucks - 1 point) and bonus question (Panthers' goaltender - 1 point) correct.

Just now, -Vintage Canuck- said:

After all, the name of the contest is "Predict the Score", but I guess the standings will be too tight then.

In that case, wouldn't I be at 10 points right now? Before last game, I was at 8 points. Afterwards, I got the winner (Canucks - 1 point) and bonus question (Panthers' goaltender - 1 point) correct.

My goal was to make points a little easier to achieve, to keep people more engaged.  Thus the 50/50 chance on the game winner plus I try to keep the first bonus question as a (sort of) 50/50 chance as well.  The exception being my 'no fence sitting rule'.  I am thinking of maybe upping the value for getting both the score and winner correct.  I may treat it like a skins game where the value increases as the season progresses.

I'm always open to new ideas.

As for your score, no points were awarded for the bonus question as the saves were tied.  29 for Demko vs 25 for Montembeault + 4 for Bobrovsky.

• Thanks 1