The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Nucks @ Hawks November 7 2019 5:30pm Pacific - watch live on SNP

Rate this topic

xereau

1 hour ago, nuck-lifer said:

Icing the best lineup is in a way why I think Baer should come into the fold.

The middle 6 have been changing almost every game with BO again seeing many line mates. Adding Baer in the lineup and on Bo's line that has a proven past, not detrimental and could prove to be a solid move to give the team a more balance attack in the middle six and stabilize things a bit. 

Sitting Loui and moving one of the middle 6 wingers to the fourth line would be a minor change that could help out Bo's line and still not really harm the 4th line (might even improve it)

There's nothing wrong with tinkering with the lineup when a team is playing well if you think it improves a couple areas.

A proven past? Besides not being able to play a full season, his stats weren't impressive in the games he managed to play last season. Why do people seem to think Sven is an upgrade on anyone in our top 6?

I think Bo is playing fine with guys that play a 200ft game and have some physicality. 

This is a game where QH should shine. 

I wonder how much possession time he finishes with tonight. 

I expect him to be skating and distributing, but racking up maybe 3 points tonight. 

BB has been a bit quiet. Maybe he shines too? 

Edler, the vet, might enjoy this game more than any other Canuck. 

Just now, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Lines in warm-up:

Pearson-Horvat(C)-Gaudette
Miller-Pettersson-Boeser 
Leivo-Sutter-Virtanen
Schaller-Beagle-Eriksson

Edler(A)-Myers
Hughes-Tanev(A)
Benn-Stecher

Markstrom

that's a good line up!

5 minutes ago, #Canucks said:

Sorry mate. Didn’t see that for some reason! Hopefully he gets a nice streak going this year.

I think you mean steak.

I'm a rib eye guy myself

Gotta get my kid to practice now and will be watching a replay of the game late.

Thinking we kick the crap outta the Hawks tonight. See y'all in the PGT

GCG!

• Haha 1

Just now, 189lb enforcers? said:

This is a game where QH should shine. 

I wonder how much possession time he finishes with tonight. 

I expect him to be skating and distributing, but racking up maybe 3 points tonight. 

BB has been a bit quiet. Maybe he shines too? 

Edler, the vet, might enjoy this game more than any other Canuck. 

edler and I guess tanev is the last guy to remain  from our battles with the hawks.

• Cheers 1

Just now, luckylager said:

I think you mean steak.

I'm a rib eye guy myself

Gotta get my kid to practice now and will be watching a replay of the game late.

Thinking we kick the crap outta the Hawks tonight. See y'all in the PGT

GCG!

t bone steak or sit down imo.

I've seen quite few posts in various forums that similar to "I can't remember when the team was this good or this deep?" I can, I still remember 2010-11. I know they didn't win the cup and I've got bitter memories of the games in B*ston & game 7 but they were literally the best team in the league.  The link below has all the details but I'll give you some quick highlights / recaps.

https://www.hockey-reference.com/teams/VAN/2011.html

They scored the most goals and allowed the fewest.  There goal differential was +78.   #1PP & #3PK - they had the best PK for most the season but it dropped near the end of the perhaps that was related losing Manny because that horrific eye injury.  Their #1 line was elite, their #2 line was borderline elite, their #2 center scored 41 goals & basically beat Nashville on his own. Before Manny got hurt they had the best 3rd line in league.  They were so deep Chris Higgins played on the 4th line.   They had 2 of the very best goalies in the league.   Before all the injures look at their D:

DH2-KB3

AE23-CE10

KB4-SS6

Sami Salo was playing the 3rd Pair & PP1.  All the injuries and Tim T ended up beating them.

• Upvote 2

If Canucks aren't careful, this Blackhawks team may catch them by surprise.

As mediocre their start has been to the season, the Blackhawks have some dangerous offensive weapons and look like a fast team, could catch us flat footed if we don't have a good start.

No easy wins in this league.  Need to start the road trip off strong.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

If people don't agree with Marky breaking his stick like that in a moment of frustration doesn't mean they hate 

Saying people hate him is a reach. 

I haven't come across a post where i think people hate him..

I'm sure you'll quote it and show me. Let's see it. Quote the post you read...

Read all the posts that came out after Marky was beaten by Getzlaf

what was all that? Go read them for yourself there is no need for me to quote them

I honestly have no clue what many on here expect from our goaltender 

it’s pathetic 

you think that’s love for Marky? 

• Like 1