The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

We Need To Appreciate Matt Murray More

Rate this topic

MikeyD

I love getting to make jokes about players for their actions,  or what they say post game when they're still charged up and running on adrenaline and emotion.

I never forget they're just dudes like the rest of us, but bringing the human element of athletes into sport almost ruins the fun.

I've met a number of players I "hated" over the years, even had drinks with a few, I get to see Mike Gillis once in a while too, and guess what, they're all good people.

Legitimately good guys.

I hate it when we blur the lines between real life and sport.

• Cheers 2

52 minutes ago, luckylager said:

I love getting to make jokes about players for their actions,  or what they say post game when they're still charged up and running on adrenaline and emotion.

I never forget they're just dudes like the rest of us, but bringing the human element of athletes into sport almost ruins the fun.

I've met a number of players I "hated" over the years, even had drinks with a few, I get to see Mike Gillis once in a while too, and guess what, they're all good people.

Legitimately good guys.

I hate it when we blur the lines between real life and sport.

If things are blurry maybe time to put down that glass of beer ;)

• Haha 1

Nice to see the players coming together for something as serious as losing a parent.  Hard for anyone.

And yeah, i've hated on this guy in the past (although not on this forum) but some people are different in real life. 

Full disclosure...never liked Theo Fleury most of my life as a Vancouver fan, ran into him filling up his giant RV here in Alberta a few years ago and he was a very nice guy who didn't have a problem talking hockey with a rival fan.  Will always remember that.  People come in all mental shapes and sizes it would seem.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 11/28/2019 at 4:53 PM, MikeyD said:

Not only does he let us score on him lots, he's a pretty good guy too. 

Real props to him and the Penguins organization. Classy. 

He might be a bad goalie, but that is a great gesture. Good on you Murray.