The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

ZACK KASSIAN

Rate this topic

IF THE CANUCKS kept him and was patient as some of the current players he may have been fun to watch..but as i have looked things over sure he is a big  body can score at times not afraid to drop gloves but  he does take dumb penalties and he makes bonehead moves...so the the trade off not worth it ..off ice issues and really it was good to move on..really like the young guns trying to be physical and showing team toughnesss...long season so you need to play smart hockey......the main thing you need to do is to play solid when you need to..

Edited by hockeygod77
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 7

5 minutes ago, hockeygod77 said:

IF THE CANUCKS kept him and was patient as some of the current players he may have been fun to watch..but as i have looked things over sure he is a big  body can score at times not afraid to drop gloves but  he does take dumb penalties and he makes bonehead moves...so the the trade off not worth it ..off ice issues and really it was good to move on..really like the young guns trying to be physical and showing team toughnesss...long season so you need to play smart hockey......the main thing you need to do is to play solid when you need to..

I am enticed by Kassian but he took a dumb penalty in the first. Though he scored the game tying goal, he was basically a non-factor for the rest of the game.

• Cheers 2

the key to beat the oilers is to contain macdavid to the outside and canucks defence cant fumble the puck in their own end ...every chance you need to pass out to open guy in defence no point wheeling unless they are doing line change..keepthe pucks to the outside on an oiler team....

ALEX NEWHOOK i would have taken...he wont be in the scene  for few years but remember that player ok...he will be a good mid size player....the kid has an edge will get stronger and not every player has his skill set....as for the BCHL I REALLY THINK YOU SHOULD DO YOUR HOMEWORK..THE BCHL IS A GREAT HOCKEY LEAGUE AND WE AS FANS AND PEOPLE THAT LIVE IN THIS PROVINCE SHOULD SUPPORT IT MORE..bchl has and will keep producing great hockey players for many pro leagues in the world..   ok canuckle heads go tot go now...shopping etc ..big game  tonite at 7 pm oilers again..

Edited by hockeygod77
  • Like 1
  • Wat 1

18 minutes ago, hockeygod77 said:

well coconut thats why you need a good general manager ..they know and should know if is worth the risks.....

That's nonsense because GM's, like players, are people and people are complicated. It's easy to load up NHL 20 or whatever, check a guy's stats and be like "nah" after taking in those small pieces of information. You don't do that with an actual person, let alone a player your coaches and other players engage with on an almost daily basis. GM's aren't all knowing hockey wizards and no, they aren't always going to know what's going on in a player's life. There are a lot of very highly functioning people out there with problems you'd never expect them to have. 

35 minutes ago, hockeygod77 said:

He may have turned the corner on his personal problems and in that way I'm happy for him. As for his reinvigorated play....ANYONE would feel invigorated playing along side McDavid and Draisaitl. IMHO, he's just on of the supporting cast that surrounds these two. Right now, McDavid and Draisaitl is making the entire team look good.

Except last night!  :emot-parrot:

1 hour ago, hockeygod77 said:

shouldnt this just be a status entry.

• Haha 1

I'm still upset we traded Hodgson for this plug called Kassian. Hodgson was the most clutch Canuck in ages and had his best year with us. Gillis deserved to get fired for that trade alone.  Game winners, Game tying goals and shootout winners is the type of goals hodgson liked to score. 

:bigblush:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by Guest