The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Ottawa Senators at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 03, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Was at the game last night, it was a good ceremony, the atmosphere at the arena has gotten a lot better this year. Except don’t like that they brought that Crazy P idiot from the lions into the arena...  the first period was good, no one really had a bad period, again they slowed in the 2nd and 3rd without Demko this game might have been a lot closer

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, khay said:

The skate jersey looks better than blue and green. I think we should go back to it, it actually looks cool. Bo looks like a bada$$ in that image. Retro is the new trend.

The flying V might be worth seeing again too, same black and gold/orange, but simpler form. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Darius said:

Since its too early for the next GDT....

Reminder that the wicked black and gold Jerseys are being worn this Saturday!

Flip the black jersey schedule with the Heritage jersey schedule and I’ll be happier. The Heritage logo is yuck. Shoulda kept the original look. I get what they were going for but no. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

image.png

What a night.  Still reeling...funny how Burr can still ignite this team without even lacing them up.

So proud of the boys for a game worthy of the ring of honour presentation.  The videos of Burr's goals/time here must have really inspired them to work extra hard.  Was so heartwarming to hear Burr's old teammates - I especially loved Bieksa's tweet (will dig it out...after coffee).

And Burr......his speech was perfect.  Or shall I say Burrfect.  Still digesting this one...gonna take awhile.  Heart is full.  His son though...what a character...was amusing as hell as Burr did talk.  What a lovely family for a lovely man.

In watching all the clips, it was such a reminder of his love of the game that came shining through.  How he never ever gave up on a play or a game.  There's some real value in that kind of determination.  Never say never.  Used to love how excited he was after goals...tumbling all over the ice.  

Kleenex came in handy.  Going to take awhile for me to come down from the ceiling...feeling all the feels.  What a special player we had in Burr....knew it then, seeing the footage of the past just really emphasizes it all.  

Rous.  If anyone's going to carry his torch, this guy's doing it justice.  Said to my friend during the warmup "he's fired up" - he was flying around out there and you could see how happy he was to be back.  Loved his goal celebration.

Got choked up seeing the guys in the warm up jerseys.  We are all Alex Burrows.  

Lastly...I loved that Fantenberg and Mac were not going easy on Tkachuk and were shadowing him after he'd done a few Tkachukley things.

Re: Fantenberg.  No idea he was such a team guy: tremendous good cheer all game, and took note of the cheap-shots/attacks on Hughes in particular.  No problem with re-signing this guy if this is how he plays most of the time.  (If he's younger than Edler I can see an Edler trade back on the table.)

• Upvote 2

Well it’s a few days til next game...so a few different topic I wanta address.

Black 94 jersey I’m glad that Canucks are wearing them again. I hope it becomes the Saturday only Jersey and is the Saturday mainstay jersey moving forward. I’m still in love with the Blue and Green for the other 6 days of the week.

Canucks need Confidence in holding leads the Ottawa game was a brutal 2nd and 3rd period. This needs to be addressed. It is early in season on a young team and the Canucks I hoped learned their lesson of blowing leads. Canucks almost imploded too The Senators, thank god for the Sens goal being called back for offside entry, or the game could of been disastrous. Hopefully Learned this time and it’s not an issue moving forward. A playoff series could be lost in game 1 if the Canucks can’t control this roller coaster of death momentum shifts.

next Gaudette imo is turning into one hell of a player and I’m super excited for the future of Hockey Gaud on this team.

Anywho On to the next game.

Go Canucks Goo

6 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

Bo's RW should have at least had Jake there weeks ago. I think it's safe to say Gaudette offensively is the best RW option for Bo's line as of right now. Although, over half of Gaudette's points are with the man advantage and defensively he is okay at best. I am guessing 5 on 5 they don't want him out there against the opponent's best players. Which is usually Bo's assignment especially with Beags and Sutter down. With that said, gotta reward the man for his play. I say stick him with Petey and Miller or with Bo and Pearson. 

Yeah, I'd only move Gaudette to wing when all our other centres are back. Beagle and Sutter can handle the match ups

3 hours ago, khay said:

The skate jersey looks better than blue and green. I think we should go back to it, it actually looks cool. Bo looks like a bada$$ in that image. Retro is the new trend.

No. The 80's are over move on. 

Stick and Rink or Johnny Canuck in black looks better. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1