The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vegas Golden Knights at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 19, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

24 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Where's  all the haters? Where'd you go? What a game. You're not a fan of hockey if you didn't enjoy that.

Personally I’m not a hater, I’ve been a fan since day one. In fact I think we have a really good foundation with some great talent, i was so excited about this season until Movember. Unfortunately I am not a fan of our coach, IMHO he is the weakest link and I am passionate about his removal so I could see the Canucks be the team I believe they should be. You see, I love hockey, I love my Canucks but I’m anti anyone that I believe is bring us down.

• Thanks 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

Mindless.  Why would they trade Virtanen?  He's on a 20 goal 43 point pace, and is making a mere $1.25mil.  6 points away from his career high in half the games.  His game continues to develop and he's only getting better.  Kid just turned 23.

Sorry, we're not trading him to your Leafs.  Figure another way out of your 700 Club smurfs.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, khay said:

I don't know if I'm sold on Green just because of this one game but have to give him the credit for calling that time out. It helped the guys to regroup and focus on the game at hand.

But man Petey was flying tonight. He is gonna be special. He's gonna break almost every Canucks' scoring record.

Not trying to sell Green for the one game, but he gets a disproportionate amount of hate after a loss as opposed to any credit for a win. Green was also criticized for frustrating Petey according to some here, but I'm sure to those same people, they will just think Petey stopped listening to Green (which I've heard before).

This game wasn't very different from our last meeting, but this game we got more of the breaks we needed. We may have been lucky as some suggest, but you also need to be good to get lucky. We didn't back down from their physical play and we controlled their 4th line tonight unlike the last game.

Hopefully this is a rallying game. All that was missing was a little "breaking the stick" action Burrows style.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Gaudette Celly said:

Mindless.  Why would they trade Virtanen?  He's on a 20 goal 43 point pace, and is making a mere $1.25mil.  6 points away from his career high in half the games.  His game continues to develop and he's only getting better.  Kid just turned 23.

Sorry, we're not trading him to your Leafs.  Figure another way out of your 700 Club smurfs.

It wasn't long ago that people wanted to dump Jake and crucified Benning the pick. I guess now Jake is a wanted man now and oddly enough actually has higher trade value, so of course he's no longer an option to be traded because we can only trade unwanted players to boost our lineup. And the Benning haters still have OJ for now to hate on, but they're running out of ammo.

• Cheers 3

That was a entertaining game and glad we came out on top. Lots of back and forth. Petey and Jake were on their game tonight. Petey tucked home a couple of goals while Jake notched a pair of apples in the 1st. Rous, Pearson and Tanev all scored timely goals. Marky was clutch tonight. Hope the boys finish off on a roll before the holidays. GCG!

• Cheers 1