The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vegas Golden Knights at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 19, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

7 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:100%  

Motte's worth a 2nd round pick in my eyes.  He just continually wins puck battles and shows incredible hustle.  

He was the only Canuck besides Fantenberg that wasn't afraid to throw hits on Ryan Reaves.  Reaves threw a big open ice hit that Motte half-evaded today, would've liked to see a replay of it but unfortunately today's telecasts just don't replay big hits anymore.  

Me too (like to see the re-play).   Condensed games show all the shots ... but unless a hit is in the play it won't they won't show them either.   Used to be highlights included all the fights too, now if you want to see those sort of things you mostly have to go onto hockeyfights.com .... wonder why?  Conussion legalities?   Fans like this part of the sport but the networks stay away from them for the most part now.

9 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

Well I'm out.  This is emotionally draining.

Going to the game Saturday, so you get a reprieve from me (and my spazzing).  Can't do it any other way...all in.  

(The Saturday after that too).

Right where I belong...in the stands, cheering on my/our team.  GO CANUCKS GO

Enjoy :)

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, peaches5 said:

Okay, Jake is not a power forward and never will be.

no but he appears to be a guy who is good on the boards, speed to burn, can potentially reach 20 goals and be a physical presence. Top 6 potential for sure is finally coming out. 

If Green keeps these lines together he might just save the season and his job. Please quit the line diddling Travis. 

Even when a guy like Boeser is struggling, he and Petey can create a little magic once or twice a game like last night that you just don't get when you "spread out the office". No more spreading. Just offence please. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, peaches5 said:

Okay, Jake is not a power forward and never will be.

Have u been watching the games this year?

He's a power forward. Unless u dont know what a power forward does. 

He drives wide with his speed, uses his size to protect the puck, hard to get knocked off, doesn't get pushed around, gives a solid check when the opportunity arises...

He's a prototypical North-South power forward.

I donno what the heck u're talking about.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, LowerMainLander18 said:

He drives wide with his speed, uses his size to protect the puck, hard to get knocked off, doesn't get pushed around, gives a solid check when the opportunity arises...

Maybe @peaches5 was being sarcastic?  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, LowerMainLander18 said:

I took it to mean in the style of a guy like Getzlaff or Iggy in their primes. No Jake isn't that, but he has all the tools to be a very good top 6 guy and seems to have put his defensive game together too. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I took it to mean in the style of a guy like Getzlaff or Iggy in their primes. No Jake isn't that, but he has all the tools to be a very good top 6 guy and seems to have put his defensive game together too. 

Even those two guys play a very different style of hockey.

And yeah, there are many different types of players in this league. Those two players alone only represent two samples of the entire power forward cohort.

What I know is that JV has been a power forward for us. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LowerMainLander18 said:

Even those two guys play a very different style of hockey.

And yeah, there are many different types of players in this league. Those two players alone only represent two samples of the entire power forward cohort.

What I know is that JV has been a power forward for us. 

I guess we're into semantics. I wouldn't want to use that term until Jakes a regular in the top 6. I'm not slagging Jake at all, I love what he's accomplishing. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

I don't know that consistent is true....love Jake but, at times, he's been less than "engaged" and he's best when he's fully activated.  He played with a lot of emotion last night and I feel like he's connecting the dots and learning about what success looks like for him.  That he has to be physical, drive to the net and play with an edge.  Not passive and skating around waiting to break out.

He is going to be soooo good if he keeps focused.  So much potential to tap in to.

The physicality last night was a mild playoff atmosphere type game. Jake will probably thrive in that environment, which many of his supporters have been saying for years now.