The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Nucks @ Wild Jan 12, 2020 - 1pm Pacific - SNET

Rate this topic

xereau

7 minutes ago, skategal said:

Sorry, I wouldn't love what he brings if he was on my team.   I want my team's players to play honest, work hard, stand up for themselves and be strong character people.  He doesn't measure up.  He's a rat, head hunter, slimeball.  I believe Juolevi will turn out to be a strong player if we're patient with him.  The kid has had an unreal string of bad injury luck.  Regardless I'm glad we didn't take MT with the draft pick.  

Let's just hope he's doesn't get stuck with Salo type luck. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

I would take that kassian response resulting in a loss than the odd power play goal every time.

You need that toughness in the post season. Tkachuk is Marchand lite.

Do some of you not remember 2011? We would have won the cup if we were able to match Bostons tenacity. WHATEVER it takes to win, even if its dirty.

Blood on the ice equals cups. I know the league is going in a diff direction but it's still a contact sport and a pussy mentality will get you nowhere.

I miss Zack Kassian

Hey, I'm all for having someone like that on our team.  Kassian just could've went about it better.  He should've maybe done something after the first hit, or the second hit, or maybe just bit his lip and lined him up later.  

Getting 4 minutes in penalties and a 10 minute misconduct at the end of the 2nd period in a 3-3 game was really bad timing.  

It's going to make for a really fun rematch in two weeks after the all-star break.  They have a back to back coming up!  

I would've loved to swap Louie for Lucic in the off-season.  It's unfortunate that he's on the Flames now as Tkachuk is playing a foot bigger with him around.  Flames got absolutely manhandled by the Oilers last few seasons when Engelland and Tanner Glass were their only tough guys (and it was fun to see Tkatchuk throwing fits on the ice haha) 

The league went away from the rough stuff during the regular season but anything goes in the playoffs.  When we played against Vegas it was glaringly obvious that we don't have anyone on our team that can throw 'em.  Engelland challenged our entire team and no one would go with him.  
Ferland is not the answer to anything, even if he comes back to full health.  It was scary how small of a hit it took to stir up his concussion issues again.  I hope that Ferland retires not because of the cap or anything like that, but because I don't want the rest of his life to be ruined by concussions.  

2 minutes ago, Petey40 said:

Why are people saying that was charging/boarding/dirty? It was a clean shoulder to shoulder hit. Watch the video the initial point of contact and brunt of the hit was Kassians shoulder. It also wasn’t boarding as Kassian hardly even touched the boards and hit the ice after the hit. I get that a ton of people don’t like tkachuk but that doesn’t make it a dirty hit.

Yeah, they're clean from that standpoint, I just don't know what the definition of a "blindside hit" is and if that enters into the conversation.  He caught him from his blindside in two of those hits. 

I wish Kassian luck. He's had a tough go of it.  But I don't miss him in the least. Had Gillis done the smart thing and let everyone know that Hodgson was up for trade. He might have gotten a defensive prospect and a pick. It's pretty obvious with Hughes, having a high end D-man helps your scoring, and helps your team just as much as a forward. Maybe even more so. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Yeah, they're clean from that standpoint, I just don't know what the definition of a "blindside hit" is and if that enters into the conversation.  He caught him from his blindside in two of those hits. 

Then Kassian should probably keep his head up, what’s the difference between this and any other hit where a player gets caught with his head down? I’ve seen Canucks players make big hits by catching players with their heads down and everyone on here loves it. This is only getting so much hate because it’s tkachuk lol

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

12 hours ago, xereau said:

Would like to see some emotion like this from time to time.

Kassian, he'll never learn when to stop, just a dangerous player to the end who can't control his anger. Now it looks like the NHL will deal with him again........Sigh.

Edited by Bure2Win
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 1

There's a difference between a guy like Brashear. And a guy like Torres/Bowling Ball and Kassian. Brashear was controlled aggression. When he fought it was to stick up for his team mates. Not get upset at a clean hit. I like fiesty and spirited. But there's a line you cross when you've lost control of yourself and the situation. 

• Upvote 3