The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tom Sestito claims Kellan Lain was the reason for the Flames/Canucks brawl

Rate this topic

HerrDrFunk

Hartley was the reason for the brawl.  It really is that simple imo.  I realize Top Sixtito isn't "blaming" Lain - he's simply giving some back story - but nothing in that back story warrants anything resembling the absurd actions of that bent coach.  Don't miss that guy at all.  I find the back story of Scott Parker far more relevent.

Hartley is an idiot....

That said....i might take some heat for this....why did Torts have to match up his 4th line off of that opening face off?  Why not just take the rational approach and put the Sedins out there.  Its not like McGrattan and gang would jump the Sedins (at least I dont think so)

22 hours ago, Darius said:

Hartley is an idiot....

That said....i might take some heat for this....why did Torts have to match up his 4th line off of that opening face off?  Why not just take the rational approach and put the Sedins out there.  Its not like McGrattan and gang would jump the Sedins (at least I dont think so)

Torts didn’t want to risk the Sedins getting jumped. Also, can’t rule out what the dirty Flames would do if the Sedins were out there. Torts also hated Hartley’s guts, so he probably lost his mind and wanted to kill Hartley the moment he saw the Flames starting line up. The rational approach would be throw out the Booth-Richardson-Kassian line, a gritty 3rd line that could defend themselves while likely won’t resulted into a full scrum line brawl.

Edited by ruilin96

2 hours ago, ruilin96 said:

Torts didn’t want to risk the Sedins getting jumped. Also, can’t rule out what the dirty Flames would do if the Sedins were out there. Torts also hated Hartley’s guts, so he probably lost his mind and wanted to kill Hartley the moment he saw the Flames starting line up. The rational approach would be throw out the Booth-Richardson-Kassian line, a gritty 3rd line that could defend themselves while likely won’t resulted into a full scrum line brawl.

Booth? Gritty as a tablecloth on Thanksgiving eh?

1 hour ago, Moose Nuckle said:

Booth? Gritty as a tablecloth on Thanksgiving eh?

I throw his name there because he was the 3rd member of that line. You can switch him up with Higgins or Weise. But that was a line that season, Booth-Richardson-Kassian

Edited by ruilin96

On a side note, I think it's funny fans are starting to come around on Torts now that former players are saying the same s*** us Torts defenders said at the time of the incident. Even back then I loved what he did. He literally was willing to fight for his players. But fans got caught up in the stories about his past and never gave him a fair shake. On top of being in denial about the team needing to move on from 2011, which at that point the team had not. Torts was far from the problem with the the problem with that team and I wish we still had him. Yeah I said it. 

• Cheers 1

On 1/16/2020 at 2:22 PM, Down by the River said:

I can't believe that the KHL actually tests for doping... they honestly must hate Hartley to hone in on him.

It's a translation error.   Says in accurate translation "4 year suspension for being a dope".

• Haha 1