Sign in to follow this  
Nuxfanabroad

TDL Strategy; Think Now, or Look Ahead?

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Just now, Nuxfanabroad said:

I'm skeptical that they can swing this. After committing big to OEL, Keller & others, suspect they may be bluffing. Also Hall wants to be in the PO's. Aside from the power of $$$,  could imagine a reluctance from his side to buy what they're selling. That market has never been able to get it together.

 

Also imagine solid offers will come from teams like Bos, Col & perhaps TBay.

Lifestyle in Arizona is pretty damn good for the wealthy elite.  Plus, that extra year (8 year contract instead if 7) would mean an extra 9 or so million in Hall’s bank account.  He will sign in Arizona because they will offer him more; they have to.  

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thomas Drance has the Canucks with a bonus overage of roughly 1.7M going into next season - the schedule As for Hughes/Pettersson.  Teams can't really bank cap space when they are in LTIR so it creates overages that count against next season's cap.  

 

He also confirmed that Pettersson could hit an additional 2M if he is top-10 in either goals, assists, points or points per game in the league.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mll said:

Thomas Drance has the Canucks with a bonus overage of roughly 1.7M going into next season - the schedule As for Hughes/Pettersson.  Teams can't really bank cap space when they are in LTIR so it creates overages that count against next season's cap.  

 

He also confirmed that Pettersson could hit an additional 2M if he is top-10 in either goals, assists, points or points per game in the league.  

Six mil comes off the books July 16.  Loui is going to retire.  It’s all planned out already, so no worries. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Six mil comes off the books July 16.  Loui is going to retire.  It’s all planned out already, so no worries. 

Like it was last season?  

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mll said:

Like it was last season?  

This summer is a done deal.  Loui is retiring after his July bonus, so no need to post dooms day cap scenarios.  Why do you think JB keeps saying we’re all good for the cap going forward, and he plans to sign our guys?  

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Part of me would like to see Dillon on the back end for a playoff run, but with Benn/Fantenberg probably won't happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

   Going off an article on the subject he won't be coming back to play in the playoffs this year because of his KHL contract and the NHL agreements with them.  His agent also has said next year next year next year each time he's asked - but fans keep believing he will show up on a white horse come playoff time.   I used to think the same thing until I read a convincing article as to why it won't happen.   Just google Tryamkin and the Canucks - the information is available but again god forbid I try again to point this out. 

 

Edit:  Couldn't find the same article -  but there is one on the Daily Hive dated Jan 20.    " Tryamkin's contract runs out April 30, after the end of the regular season which means he's can't be brought back for the playoffs and the earliest he could play for the Canucks again is next season". Paraphrasing but close to verbatim.  

Edited by IBatch
  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sucks to lost Ferland, he was brought in for his 5on5 play and to give us some toughness and size.  

We still need all those things.

Would rather see promotion from within than spending assets on rentals.

Mac looks good and has earned his position, would like to see Bailey get a bit more of a run.

Yeah he had a really awful shift in the first period of the last game and sat the rest of the game but he needs some more NHL time to evaluate.  So many tools.

  • Like 2
  • Burr 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, IBatch said:

   Going off an article on the subject he won't be coming back to play in the playoffs this year because of his KHL contract and the NHL agreements with them.  His agent also has said next year next year next year each time he's asked - but fans keep believing he will show up on a white horse come playoff time.   I used to think the same thing until I read a convincing article as to why it won't happen.   Just google Tryamkin and the Canucks - the information is available but again god forbid I try again to point this out. 

 

Edit:  Couldn't find the same article -  but there is one on the Daily Hive dated Jan 20.    " Tryamkin's contract runs out April 30, after the end of the regular season which means he's can't be brought back for the playoffs and the earliest he could play for the Canucks again is next season". Paraphrasing but close to verbatim.  

He's on the Canucks reserve list. The only thing stopping him from playing here this year, is if his current team won't nullify his KHL contract when the season is over and leaves it in place until the end of the contract's term.

 

I have no idea whether he plays here this year or not (or next year for that matter :lol:) but it's certainly 'possible'.

  • Burr 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To Njd: baertschi, gadjovich, 4th round pick 2020

 

to Van: simmonds

 

canucks get rid off Baer, he gets a fresh start and they bring in some grit 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Hydration 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, aGENT said:

He's on the Canucks reserve list. The only thing stopping him from playing here this year, is if his current team won't nullify his KHL contract when the season is over and leaves it in place until the end of the contract's term.

 

I have no idea whether he plays here this year or not (or next year for that matter :lol:) but it's certainly 'possible'.

Sure I guess anything could happen - like the KHL and the NHL making amendments to their existing agreement to honour each other's contracts and amend the rules to how and when a team can add players to their roster come playoff time or after the regular season is over.  

 

But the fact is it's highly unlikely and given how many times I've read on here that it's could happen I keep bringing it up.  Doubt the NHL or other playoff teams would welcome Tryamkin back and let this happen.   Also there is considerable belief on the KHL side of things he's just hanging a carrot over our heads (that would be Tryamkin and his agent) - to create more leverage for his next contract in the KHL.  How much both JB and the KHL would offer him could create a bit of a bidding war - and I'm not sure he'd take less to come back. 

 

Edit:  also the legalease of his current contracts is virtually a few day(s) ... so I understand fans expectations that he's available come playoff time.  Unfortunately that's not the case.  I doubt the NHL has much stomach to open up the KHL as a poaching system just prior to the playoffs for teams looking to add depth for their runs or fill injury positions for soon to be KHL UFAs - and I doubt the KHL wants this either.  Why would they?

Edited by IBatch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, billabong said:

To Njd: baertschi, gadjovich, 4th round pick 2020

 

to Van: simmonds

 

canucks get rid off Baer, he gets a fresh start and they bring in some grit 

 

 

It’s not a good situation JB created by all his UFA signings and his own player extensions.  Clearly it’s created a cap problem.  You think JB’s only way to get out of his cap mess is to start trading away our future as sweetener attached to dump guys like Baer, LE, Sutter etc? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Sure I guess anything could happen - like the KHL and the NHL making amendments to their existing agreement to honour each other's contracts and amend the rules to how and when a team can add players to their roster come playoff time or after the regular season is over.  

Nope, you're still not getting it. Pretty sure we covered this last weekend.

Edited by aGENT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, DrJockitch said:

Sucks to lost Ferland, he was brought in for his 5on5 play and to give us some toughness and size.  

We still need all those things.

Would rather see promotion from within than spending assets on rentals.

Mac looks good and has earned his position, would like to see Bailey get a bit more of a run.

Yeah he had a really awful shift in the first period of the last game and sat the rest of the game but he needs some more NHL time to evaluate.  So many tools.

For sure.  A healthy Ferland would bump someone out - LE most likely, and possibly have ha further ahead then we currently are.   The good news is he will be back very soon.   Maybe even within a week so he will have plenty of time to get his grove back before playoff time where his game can truly shine.   Haven't forgotten what he did to us last time.   He does that again and we will win some series.   He doesn't need to fight.  But his punishing play is missed for sure.   Plus he's a garbage collector and we need a guy like that for sure

 

edit: saw the news last night - sucks he's still having issues when he was so close 

Edited by IBatch
Concussion
  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Nope, you're still not getting it. Pretty sure we covered this last weekend.

I get it's a "possibility".   But it's also extremely unlikely.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Lazurus said:

I don't know about that, wasn't there a TDL where he said afterwards nobody phoned him? I got the impression he didn't make any calls that year.

Ferland is probably done. But why trade away when Gaudette is playing good? He is a replacement player, he was assigned to Utica it was only a injury that got him to the big club. Wasn't the farm supposed to be where the team got new players too?

 

Markstom's value will never be higher than the next two weeks unfortunately Demko's gets higher the closer expansion gets.

 

Isn't this Benning's make it or break it year? So I do expect some big move, maybe trading away another pick to make cap space and more to get a rental.

 

I hope not Simmonds, his game has tanked, all those years have caught up to him.

 

I hope Benning does not trade away any player under 27.

 

This team is unproven and the way most of the media experts talk, it will not take much to make the playoffs, that is not a ringing endorsement for success. What is the face a revamped Edmonton? With McD injured they have lots of LTIR money and can trade for Krieder or Hall and Petry or Martinez, that would shift the balance of power in the last week when McD returns.

 

Stick with what is here, only the d can be upgraded and at that IMO they have to tighten up, the number of shots they give up will show up in the playoffs as losses, Chicago, a team not in the playoff picture schooled them.

 

Actually if this team was out of it now then trade Markstrom that takes care of the goalie problem and eases up the cap crunch, package Stecher up with Eriksson with retention and trade them as a package, consider a trade with Minnesota of Boeser and a 3rd for their 1rst and Greenway, that frees up more cap space and is a probable lottery pick, if  top 10 then there is a 97% chance the kid can play next year in a sheltered role if necessary.

Trade Tanev even if it is for some magic beans, lots of teams want a defensive dman and he has been injury free this season. Call up Rafferty, more millions saved.

Take advantage of TDL madness!!!

A Markstrom trade just reaffirms Benning saying Demko is the future, signing Markstrom means the opposite and costs the team millions more on the cap. Tanev moving leaves enough money to sign Tryamkin and play Rafferty and still save more millions.

 

Team comes away after the TDL with millions in cap space that can be used at the expansion draft, no goalie controversy, Demko and DiPetro or some other back up, Eriksson gone or at least some of his cap hit, Stecher gets a home, the big thing here is the cap savings, Boeser goes home to be close to family, the team saves more millions and gets a 6'6" forward telephone guy that likes to "reach out and touch someone" (old commercial).

 

There will only be maybe 10 teams competing with the Canucks as sellers instead of at the end of the season when there are 31 less supply make higher prices or what the market will bear, we know all about that in the gas pricing, as much as can be until sales drop off

Where did i say trade Gaudette?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, IBatch said:

I get it's a "possibility".   But it's also extremely unlikely.  

Not really. His KHL team just needs to release him from his contract when his season is done. Which happens frequently. That's it. It's really not as complicated or unlikely as you're making it out to be. And it doesn't involve either league rewriting their agreements (or wording re: adding players at playoff time) which is something odd you keep trumpeting.

Edited by aGENT
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shedding cap space feels like a pipe dream at the TDL.  If those moves are to be made, they’re likely done in the offseason... unless it’s a necessity move to clear space for an acquisition.  
 

That said, Jim has never been one to just sit on his hands.  I’m not expecting anything huge but there’s likely going to be some action.  

  • Hydration 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, IBatch said:

   Going off an article on the subject he won't be coming back to play in the playoffs this year because of his KHL contract and the NHL agreements with them.  His agent also has said next year next year next year each time he's asked - but fans keep believing he will show up on a white horse come playoff time.   I used to think the same thing until I read a convincing article as to why it won't happen.   Just google Tryamkin and the Canucks - the information is available but again god forbid I try again to point this out. 

 

Edit:  Couldn't find the same article -  but there is one on the Daily Hive dated Jan 20.    " Tryamkin's contract runs out April 30, after the end of the regular season which means he's can't be brought back for the playoffs and the earliest he could play for the Canucks again is next season". Paraphrasing but close to verbatim.  

You are incorrect 

 

after his KHL season is done, his contract is done. Canucks have his NHL rights

 

if they agree on a contract after the KHL season is over there is nothing stopping the Canucks from playing him this season 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Hydration 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, canuck2288 said:

You are incorrect 

 

after his KHL season is done, his contract is done. Canucks have his NHL rights

 

if they agree on a contract after the KHL season is over there is nothing stopping the Canucks from playing him this season 

 

 

Obviously your suggestion is exactly what will happen.  Tree will come here fir the last 10 games, and the playoffs.  Then, depending on how that experience goes for both him and his wife, he will stay and play longer.  His contract will have an escape back to the KHL clause, just in case things don’t go well here.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.