The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who would you welcome back?

CBH1926

Who would you like to see back?  

96 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Toews said:

He also said that he was a Canucks fan and they were his second team. Sorry Alf but what you are advocating for is a "safe space" and those are for snowflakes. Those are also the worst possible platforms for discussion as anyone dissenting is ostracized and brow-beat into submission. Imagine a board full of thousands of Canucks fans and we need to be protected from a a few fans from other teams... We can't engage with them intellectually? Those that don't argue in good faith (aka. legit trolls) usually get tossed eventually by the mods anyways. I love this place the way it is, why change something that isn't broken? 

2 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

lol That's like saying you must love one of your children more than the others. Yeah we don't need people who are "fanatical". The world has enough of those type of people.

Your skin is way too thin, if you can't handle a respectful opposing point of view.

2 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I always get a kick out of people who believe they are the arbiter of what denotes a "true fan"....

....it's reminiscent of a line Monty Python might use: "You can't be in the PFJ, because you don't hate the Romans enough".....

When @Alflives starts talking about safe spaces, you know he must be mixing scotch with rubbing alcohol.

Edited by CBH1926
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Kragar said:

Ahhh, no, he did not.  He (and his city) were mocked well before he said anything at all untowards. Even his questionable statements (barring anything that was deleted by Mod) didn't measure up to what came his way, IMO.

There was at least two other people pointing out it was not a goal.  All before it got heated with SF.  None of them were antagonized, beyond a couple confused emojis.  Care to explain why those people were left unscathed?

If he was spewing opinion like fact, pissing people off, that would have been a completely different story.  People here were seeing what they wanted to see, with limited perspective, and ruling out plenty of reasonable alternatives to their perceptions.  The net moves all the time... sticks or players brush up against it regularly.  Goalie moving from side to side can lift the post, making the netting move.  Shot angles make all the difference.  There have been offsides and goals that looked completely clear cut given the main angle, but get close up or change the shot angle, and the truth is made clear.  I would guess any regular hockey fan has seen it more than once.  Why would this instance be any different?

Holy cow, if I was participating at that time, piling on like so many others, I would have been extremely embarrassed come intermission (or, sooner, looking at a clip posted in the thread).  Yet to this day there are some people defending themselves in this.  Wow.

It must have been particularly nasty and therefore deleted,  cuz there are no posts of him replying to you after Boeser took the shot.

I do see that there are plenty of people who apologized though.  I guess a bunch of people figured it out themselves that he was owed something.

hey  like ive said  he was abrasive when he replied  back to my post  , before there was even any mention of any other angle ,  or whatever  ,   so it is quite obvious he was trying to get a reaction  and reaction he got , yep some people apologized  and acknowledge they were wrong  but he was to busy playing the victim to notice ,  if your going to live in a glass house don't throw rocks 

Edited by the grinder

22 minutes ago, the grinder said:

hey  like ive said  he was abrasive when he replied  back to my post  , before there was even any mention of any other angle ,  or whatever  ,   so it is quite obvious he was trying to get a reaction  and reaction he got , yep some people apologized  and acknowledge they were wrong  but he was to busy playing the victim to notice ,  if your going to live in a glass house don't throw rocks 

Can you find a post of yours he replied to?  I couldn't, although I wasn't looking before the non-goal happened.

Edited by Kragar

49 minutes ago, Kragar said:

Can you find a post of yours he replied to?  I couldn't, although I wasn't looking before the non-goal happened.

why ?   he was abrasive , and few others used the same tone replying to him as he was using ,  so for him to get that worked up is his problem , Then to announce to cdc he was leaving  because of fans of the canucks  , even tho   people apologize and   explained we didn't have the same feed ,  it still wasn't good enough for him   ,  so again cdc doesn't owe him a thing  .  

22 minutes ago, the grinder said:

why ?   he was abrasive , and few others used the same tone replying to him as he was using ,  so for him to get that worked up is his problem , Then to announce to cdc he was leaving  because of fans of the canucks  , even tho   people apologize and   explained we didn't have the same feed ,  it still wasn't good enough for him   ,  so again cdc doesn't owe him a thing  .  

Whatever.  you say he was abrasive to you, and there's nothing to back that up.

Wish I could take back the last few posts.  This might not be the most wasteful time I've spent here, but it is in the running.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, and GCG.

11 hours ago, Kragar said:

Whatever.  you say he was abrasive to you, and there's nothing to back that up.

Wish I could take back the last few posts.  This might not be the most wasteful time I've spent here, but it is in the running.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, and GCG.

so you wasted time looking it up ?  well that's your problem   So when you were looking it up did you not see him get upset at being called a" guest on the forum "( which we all are when visiting a forum )  so if you get  that upset  at being called a guest  sorry cdc doesn't owe him anything  for his overreaction      yep wasted enough time gcg

Edited by the grinder
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, the grinder said:

so you wasted time looking it up ?  well that's your problem   So when you were looking it up did you not see him get upset at being called a" guest on the forum "( which we all are when visiting a forum )  so if you get  that upset  at being called a guest  sorry cdc doesn't owe him anything  for his overreaction      yep wasted enough time gcg

Yeah... nope. We are all members/users of this forum, at least those of us who have created accounts. If you check the list of "online users", you can see all the "guests" who are browsing the forum. It was implied he was less than a member of this forum just because of his allegiance to the Sabres, I can see why he chose to take offense.

Those of us who considered him a valuable member of this community are disappointed that he has chosen to leave, the ones that don't feel the same way shouldn't care. I think I will make this was last word on this topic as well.

• Cheers 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/7/2020 at 4:26 PM, Duodenum said:

I'll go with @Sharpshooter and @Flinch because they were hilarious. I did like @LickTheEnvelope's posts. @Wetcoaster was usually intelligent but when he was wrong and trying to defend himself, it was cringe. 

On 2/20/2020 at 8:17 AM, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

Write in vote for Sharpshooter. Also :D, don't know if he was banned but man was he funny. He had some epic go rounds with Bertuzzi Babe back in the day too.

And here I am 

• Cheers 1