The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Minnesota Wild at Vancouver Canucks | Feb. 19, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

11 minutes ago, Tyndall2 said:

Exactly my thoughts.  New hero turns into new town goat!  Not blaming Tofolli.  Call is Green's and he continues to play the wrong hunches.  Why not let Virtanen, Hughes or Gaudette have a shot (or deke) once in awhile.  They grew up in Jr/college hockey with shootouts so what the heck.  Give them a chance.  

I am thinking that the Canucks are not going to make the playoff dance this year.  They can't be giving away points at this stage of the season.  Marky looks tired and frustrated.  He can't steal every game.

Marky wasn’t in that game at all.  His head was clearly elsewhere.  Could JB announcing publicly that contact talks with Marky had broken off?  

26 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

if we could  have exchanged Benn for Martinez thats a big win for us. We'd have to send cap back LAs way... and they'd want one of our better d prospects to do it. Thats a tough one, but i don't see how we survive the mistakes coming off the back end and the games get tougher without some solid veteran help. 

So who's left? who can we go get of similar quality? 

Mostly offensive Ds available and so many teams looking for D.  Scandella getting traded for a 2nd after it took only a 4th for Montreal to get him not all that long ago.  

Green has brain farts on his lines. 

His decisions are inconsistent. 

Green has a problem with his ego being too big. He's not a players coach. Players have to play out of their minds before he gives them a chance. Mac and Bailey brought energy we needed.And they were doing good.

I was watching Tryamkins game this morning. After their second goal the coach reached over the boards to get in on the high fives. I would never see Green doing something like that.

I hope JB tells him to play Mac.

He still seems like a rookie coach in his decisions.

• Like 1

Sutter has to be softest player on the team. I didn’t see one finished body check or anything remotely close to a forecheck from him.  Fragile is a better description than foundation. 

Nothing new here average goaltending isn’t good enough for this to team win.

The outstanding goaltending has masked a lot of the issues that still plague this team. 
Jimmie better hope the guy that’s saved his job last season can get back into vezina form and soon. 
rentals and miss the POs would be a new low for Jimmie and this club. 
With cap Hell  soon to follow. 

Edited by Tracksuit
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Green has brain farts on his lines. 

His decisions are inconsistent. 

Green has a problem with his ego being too big. He's not a players coach. Players have to play out of their minds before he gives them a chance. Mac and Bailey brought energy we needed.And they were doing good.

I was watching Tryamkins game this morning. After their second goal the coach reached over the boards to get in on the high fives. I would never see Green doing something like that.

I hope JB tells him to play Mac.

He still seems like a rookie coach in his decisions.

The veterans seem to not respect Green.  They float around and stick check, and Green continues to reward their passive play with more and more icetime.  Yet, like you say, Mac and Bailey, who are giving 110% and being aggressive in their body on body play get sat.  

• Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, Tracksuit said:

Sutter has to be softest player on the team. I didn’t see one finished body check or anything remotely close to a forecheck from him.  Fragile is a better description than foundation. 

The outstanding goaltending has masked a lot of the issues that still plague this team. 
Jimmie better hope the guy that’s saved his job last season can get back into vezina form and soon. 

Agreed.  And then JB (in his wisdom) decides its a smart idea to squeeze Marky in the contract negations by publicly announcing the talks with Marky have broken off.  And the next game Marky plays he’s not focussed.  IMO there is a clear connection.  

10 hours ago, KelownaCanucksFan said:

Gaudettes line played more in the offensive zone than Horvat’s line, it’s the 2nd and 4th line that’s weighing the team down

Agree!  Lazy Jake shows up for 1 game out of 5-6 and Stecher is at the end of his career here.

19 minutes ago, Tracksuit said:

so Marky loses a game in a shootout and you think he has lost it, hmm mind boggling. the team played good enough to win,