The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

proposal trade for big buff

out of the box thinking here

trade a 6th to Winnipeg for Dustin Buffelin

as long as he's in physical shape to play he brings a very rough and tumble attitude to our lines.

low cost - high reward if he's willing to actually play

53 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

He's probably 300lbs. by now.

I forget where I heard it on... maybe Tim and Sid or the TSN show Noodles and O Dog are on... they said he's been fishing all year and he's actually well over 300lbs if you see him .

So yea pass.

The guy clearly was battling depression and that's why he had to step away from the rink. He got tired of playing the character he was on the ice, big bad buff and just wants to be away from the game to regain his mental health stability.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grumpyone said:

out of the box thinking here

trade a 6th to Winnipeg for Dustin Buffelin

as long as he's in physical shape to play he brings a very rough and tumble attitude to our lines.

low cost - high reward if he's willing to actually play

Will be shocked if he plays again this season. I don't think anyone will take a chance on him at 7.6 million. He's been fighting injuries for 2 seasons and now is likely taking a full year off. Players usually don't bounce back that quickly at his age from having a full year of downtime. Figure, there's a 80% chance that if you bring him in, you have a 7.6 million, unmovable boat anchor, tying up your cap space. If you think Eriksson is hard to move, there're a LOT of potential there for an even bigger problem.

We are better off signing Tryamkin for physical presence. We know what he can do, and he's only 25 years old and has been playing 20+ minutes a night in the 2nd best league in the world. In terms of NHL ready, he slots in ahead of anyone else we have in Utica, Junior or College. I'm not saying he's the highest ceiling, only that he's our most NHL ready D, not in the NHL.He's already proven 3 years ago that he's NHL ready.

• Upvote 1