The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs New York Islanders | Mar. 10, 2020 7 PM PDT | Canucks For Kids Telethon

Rate this topic

Templeton Peck

11 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

It's going to be really tough. VGK and EDM are almost locks. CGY has the 3rd spot, for now. MIN, NSH, ARI and WPG will be tough to beat out for one of the two WC spots.

They kind of blew it when they lost 4 in a row. Really set them back. They didn't look desperate enough last night. Thought they'd come out in the 3rd period flying, but they played like they had a good lead. 

Last night hurt, losing to a team like that.........twice.

13 minutes ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

I'm usually very optimistic but everyone around us is playing better than us. We have lost 12 of 17 I think I heard today, and 5 of our last 6. That's not a little skid.

This is the worst hockey we have played all year and its the worst time of year to do that. Injuries arent an excuse. Everyone has injuries, Colorado has had grubauer out for a while now, way longer than markstrom and they are still carrying on with Francouz. 

The Canucks need to be better plain and simple.

We’re playing the same hockey we played all year just every one else has stepped up there game and Canucks can’t match it 

• Like 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

That would be ideal, if the Canucks win enough to just get in, somehow. And then Markstrom comes back healthy and rested. Boeser back will also be a boost to the scoring. Still quite a few games left, so you never know. I think the Canucks will go 8-6. Hope that's enough. 

• Cheers 2

23 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

I get the angst though. Those games in hand only mean something if you are able to win them.. which we haven't been able to do. Hopefully this turns around in the next couple of games. If it does, I think all of this adversity could work for us if we manage to get into the playoffs with a healthy Markstrom.

Getting Boeser back will be a huge boost and I’m just praying Green puts him in the top six. 

• Cheers 1

They're pretty much sunk if they can't start stringing some wins together. 

The lack of commitment to playing with determination for a full 60 minutes is putting a pit in my gut and as it stands, I'm totally disappointed in the on ice product we've been witnessing since Marky went down.

It's like they've accepted defeat and are just rolling over now. Like they dont actually care if they win.

Maybe I'm just pissy, the stupid time change does that, but I'm sick of this teams lacklustre bull$&!# of late.

Like you if you wanna be champions, you gotta take the bull by the horns and beat that &^@#er into submission. Being cute isn't gonna do &^@# all. Get a killer's mindset and set out into battle as warrior, hell bent on destruction and all out sacrifice for the win. Go &^@# $&!# up!

• Cheers 3

15 minutes ago, Filthy McNasty said:

We’re playing the same hockey we played all year just every one else has stepped up there game and Canucks can’t match it 

I disagree. Markstrom did mask the defensive lapses but I think we had more urgency before. They look tired to me.

• Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

48 minutes ago, Cluminati* said:

It’s about time the Canucks get some puck luck and some help from the out of town scoreboards. 
Hope the Coyotes win tonight, so far so good after the 1st period.

Spoke too soon, all tied up after 2, OT is the worst case scenario. Irregardless, counting on other team’s misfortunes is not a viable winning strategy. A loss tomorrow could take our fate out of our hands.

2 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

Boychuck set to return after 90 stitches to the face . What a gruesome accident.

Hopefully Demko doesn’t give his regular pair of bad goals and has a solid win. 

I just can't imagine being a Dr. capable of stitching an eyelid. Like, I cut my forehead and you can poke that needle in as hard as you want for each stitch, its just going to be hitting bone. But an eyelid? There is something kind of important behind it. Its called an eye. 

59 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Cheering for my guys until the bitter end. If we miss, we played meaningful games in March and I just hope the group learns from it. Next year is a different discussion.

Go Canucks Go

Why is next year different?

• Huggy Bear 1