The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Top 50 Canucks of All-Time - #13

Rate this topic

-AJ-

Top 50 Canucks of All-Time - #13  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the #13 Canuck of All-Time?

• A. Burrows
    • R. Kesler
    • R. Brodeur
    • H. Snepsts
    • T. Tanti
    • D. Lever
    • J. Lumme
    • K. Bieksa
    • B. Morrison
    • A. Boudrias

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, Kevin Biestra said:

Just illustrates perfectly the anti-leadership that guy brought to the team.  And how laughable it is that he just sits on his rocking chair eating Lays Chips and at the end of the year picks whoever he likes best to win a league award named after him and his leadership.

He took a championship roster and piloted it into the ground at light speed.  Literally the second he grabbed the controls the plane started nosediving.

Linden's time with the Islanders, Canadiens and Capitals is forgettable.  But he didn't hollow out the team like a cancerous termite and then have to be bought out before that was even a thing in the NHL just to make the cancer go away.

well Iron mike had his role in that fiasco as well , it wasn't just messier  , we went from one of the most skilled teams to a bunch of plumbers in less than 2 years

Just now, the grinder said:

well Iron mike had his role in that fiasco as well , it wasn't just messier  , we went from one of the most skilled teams to a bunch of plumbers in less than 2 years

Oh those guys were both trouble.  But if I had to guess, I think the Canucks with only Keenan as coach would have been better than the Canucks with only Messier as captain.  Keenan under those conditions might have worked, but if Keenan had still pulled shenanigans 24/7, he would have been shown the door a la Tortorella.

Messier...they were just committed to him with that contract and Messier knew it...  Which again shows his crappy leadership.  Look at how Corsby and Ovechkin lead their teams with massive contracts.  Messier...he was just like, time to bring in my friends and turn this team into some kind of weird depressed country club.

But yeah, those two guys were certainly a pair.  They went with the Canucks like Lays Chips and a bowl full of dog turds to dip them in.

• Haha 1

I won't speak for King Richard Brodeur, but I just want to say look at the poor kid in the top left corner, traumatized by watching a man act like a rabid beaver.

X33XLWGMEND3PIPTVBEUYSUEBE&key=4c3085778

At #BrodeurFor13 we believe in setting a strong, positive example for the children of this city.

We believe the children are the future.  Teach them well and let them lead the way.

Show them the beauty they possess inside.  Hockey is about scoring goals, not gnawing down trees and building dams.

#BrodeurFor13.

Edited by Kevin Biestra

When you think of the 13th greatest Canuck of all time, do you think of a streaker?

tsDCLoZcyrMd5Q1_cmrHl0WcneHAUT6B1HgEicWa

I don't.  And neither does King Richard Brodeur.

Richard Brodeur believes in representing the Canucks with pride, skill and dignity.  With his clothes on.

Think of the children.

#BrodeurFor13

• Haha 2

Oh its a tie right now....Broduer and Kesler with Burrows coming in hot ...Broduer was a champ - the last player in the NHL to retire who played all the WHA seasons...and won their cup before becoming a Canuck.   At 5 foot 7 he had to actually make the saves rather then drop down into the butterfly whenever someone took a shot and rely on covering the bottom of the net and huge pads and size to make the saves....he was our version of Vernon or Beezer, one of the last of the little guys that relied on reflexes and kick saves (rebound control is a lost art BTW)...SP might have gone up 10% since then - he was also in the best division for the majority of his career....and that is why hes got more MVPs then Kesler and Burrows...and pretty much everyone who ever played for us.   Do the right thing and vote this guy in ... lets not make Burrows lose the 14th spot ... 

• Vintage 1

28 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Oh its a tie right now....Broduer and Kesler with Burrows coming in hot ...Broduer was a champ - the last player in the NHL to retire who played all the WHA seasons...and won their cup before becoming a Canuck.   At 5 foot 7 he had to actually make the saves rather then drop down into the butterfly whenever someone took a shot and rely on covering the bottom of the net and huge pads and size to make the saves....he was our version of Vernon or Beezer, one of the last of the little guys that relied on reflexes and kick saves (rebound control is a lost art BTW)...SP might have gone up 10% since then - he was also in the best division for the majority of his career....and that is why hes got more MVPs then Kesler and Burrows...and pretty much everyone who ever played for us.   Do the right thing and vote this guy in ... lets not make Burrows lose the 14th spot ... 

Yeah homie that's how we do.

Memorial Cup champion as well.  His 1.34 GAA for the tournament stood as the record for about 35 years.

And Memorial Cup MVP.  In fact, the first ever winner of the Stafford Smythe Trophy.

Edited by Kevin Biestra
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Kevin Biestra said:

I won't speak for King Richard Brodeur, but I just want to say look at the poor kid in the top left corner, traumatized by watching a man act like a rabid beaver.

X33XLWGMEND3PIPTVBEUYSUEBE&key=4c3085778

At #BrodeurFor13 we believe in setting a strong, positive example for the children of this city.

We believe the children are the future.  Teach them well and let them lead the way.

Show them the beauty they possess inside.  Hockey is about scoring goals, not gnawing down trees and building dams.

#BrodeurFor13.

So if I shove my fingers in your mouth while another man restrains you you're just going to suckle on them?

• Haha 1