The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Bruins re-sign Jaroslav Halak

3 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Hate the Bruins so much that when I even see news about them, I cringe and get angry.  Stupid Bruins.

I hate the majority of the 2011 Bruins roster/core and still do and will hate them til the day I die. For the most part, I hated Marchand, Lucic, Thornton and Ferrence, as of right now 3/4 of this list is no longer in the organization, the guy that is still left is the guy I hate the most. However, I really like the new wave of young Bruins like McVoy, Pastrnak and DeBrusk. I will say when Marchand is gone for the Bruins, it will be the day Boston don't make my least favorite team list.

On the flip side, the Flames is a team I will hate for eternity. As long as that logo exist, I would like to spit on it.

• Cheers 1

Gotta give credit where credit's due, they've got arguably the best 1st line, one of the best goalie tandems (Rask/ Halak) and a solid mix of puck-moving (Krug, McAvoy) and physical D-men (Chara, Carlo, Miller).  Couple that with improving forward depth (Coyle, getting Kase and shedding Backes for a 1st and solid prospect, along with Krejci and DeBrusk) and they can remain tough to beat with a foundation that's built for the playoffs.

4 minutes ago, Where's Wellwood said:

The team members may change, but the owner Jeremy Jacobs remains the same. The commentator Jack Edwards remains the same. The fans remain the same. The same fans who booed Raymond when his back was broken. The same fans who cheered the sandbagging of Sedin. They are the same. 

And I feel that with a core that has included players like Marchand, Lucic, and Tim Thomas, the dressing room doesn't suddenly get all squeaky clean. When McAvoy, and Pastrnak publicly call out Marchand for some of his BS, I'll respect them. Until then, they're guilty by association. When you hang out with the asshole, chances are you either are or become an asshole yourself.

And I'll never like Jake DeBrusk because of Louie DeBrusk's constant talking about his son on CBC. They should not allow Louie DeBrusk to work on games involving the Bruins. How hard is that? Just like Colin Campbell should have never been involved in anything involving the Bruins. And I don't care that he was 'removed' for the Stanley Cup Finals, he should have been distanced far sooner than that. 

If Marchand is the only thing remaining that keeps Boston as your most hated team, then I've gotta say, your hate never ran as deep as mine. 

Agree for the most part except DeBrusk part.

Loui Debrusk calling games on CBC for Bruins is nothing compared to Colin Campbell being one of the top executives of the NHL and influencing the NHL referees on incidents regarding his son (as proven through a series of emails).

And to be fair, I don't think there were many occasions when Loui called the Bruins games and he did seem like he would rather not say too much about his son when calling games.

Colin Campbell on the other hand... is a POS. That cup in 2011 for the Bruins is tainted.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, khay said:

Loui Debrusk calling games on CBC for Bruins is nothing compared to Colin Campbell being one of the top executives of the NHL and influencing the NHL referees on incidents regarding his son (as proven through a series of emails).

And to be fair, I don't think there were many occasions when Loui called the Bruins games and he did seem like he would rather not say too much about his son when calling games.

Colin Campbell on the other hand... is a POS. That cup in 2011 for the Bruins is tainted.

I really don't know why Louie Debrusk is brought up when he's been nothing but a class act. And I do agree with you @khay, Louie does tend to avoid talking about his son, especially when the Bruins aren't playing well in that particular game.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, khay said:

1 hour ago, Dazzle said:

I really don't know why Louie Debrusk is brought up when he's been nothing but a class act. And I do agree with you @khay, Louie does tend to avoid talking about his son, especially when the Bruins aren't playing well in that particular game.

Maybe I saw a particularly bad professionalism day for Louie then. The game I saw, he would not stop talking about his son. 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, HKSR said:

Hate the Bruins so much that when I even see news about them, I cringe and get angry.  Stupid Bruins.

I gave you a laugh, because that is funny. I feel the same way.

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, ruilin96 said:

I hate the majority of the 2011 Bruins roster/core and still do and will hate them til the day I die. For the most part, I hated Marchand, Lucic, Thornton and Ferrence, as of right now 3/4 of this list is no longer in the organization, the guy that is still left is the guy I hate the most. However, I really like the new wave of young Bruins like McVoy, Pastrnak and DeBrusk. I will say when Marchand is gone for the Bruins, it will be the day Boston don't make my least favorite team list.

On the flip side, the Flames is a team I will hate for eternity. As long as that logo exist, I would like to spit on it.

They'll never be anything besides my most hated team as long as there are remnants from 2011 on their roster.  To quote Vince McMahon: the thought of Chara, Marchand, Krejci, or even Bergeron winning another championship makes me wretch with personal trauma.  Rask is the only exception because he didn't play during that final.

3.5M  with performance bonuses of 1.25M for 10 games played - performance bonuses are allowed on 1 year contracts as of age 35.  His previous contract was 2.75M.  

Playing 10 games seems likely so it's probably for cap reasons.  It gives them more flexibility for this coming season as they only have to account for 2.25M to start the year.  Performance bonuses are only accounted for at the end of the season and if there is no residual cap space they get pushed to the next as an overage.  

Edited by mll

22 hours ago, ruilin96 said:

Problem is guys like Debrusk Grzelcyk, ect are absorbing their classless culture and are now almost as dirty as their disgraceful leadership group, while having no issuie faking serious injuries in the playoffs.  That franchise still doesn't have a single player  I have one iota of respect for.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Where's Wellwood said:

Maybe I saw a particularly bad professionalism day for Louie then. The game I saw, he would not stop talking about his son. 

He's better when he's not paired with Randork.  Unfortunately, he stoops to Douchebag Dave's level, feeding off his complete disregard for professional conduct.  Sportsnet should be ashamed of the results.

Edited by King Heffy

2 hours ago, King Heffy said:

He's better when he's not paired with Randork.  Unfortunately, he stoops to Douchebag Dave's level, feeding off his complete disregard for professional conduct.  Sportsnet should be ashamed of the results.

What's wrong with Randorf? I like his style. He's quite unbiased for a national broadcast commentator.

3 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

What's wrong with Randorf? I like his style. He's quite unbiased for a national broadcast commentator.

I find the exact opposite, and wouldn't be surprised to see him giving his kneepads a workout in the Oilers locker room.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, King Heffy said:

I find the exact opposite, and wouldn't be surprised to see him giving his kneepads a workout in the Oilers locker room.

Maybe I don't know any better but whenever I hear him do some commentating, he's always very excited when the Canucks score, especially when Pettersson does. I just don't see the bias.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/2/2020 at 1:23 PM, King Heffy said:

Problem is guys like Debrusk Grzelcyk, ect are absorbing their classless culture and are now almost as dirty as their disgraceful leadership group, while having no issuie faking serious injuries in the playoffs.  That franchise still doesn't have a single player  I have one iota of respect for.

Amen Heffy! 

No need for anyone to ever respect this trash team and its redneck trump voting fans