The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Our problem at Center beyond Pettersson and Horvat

Rate this topic

Patel Bure

29 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I shut them off yesterday....as much as I love hockey talk leading up to games, the Jake thing is being so overblown by them.  I hate it.

I want hockey not drama.  

I concur completely and it’s coming from the same source and station. Sekeras syndrome isn’t ending it seems. It’s been a month of non stop “Canucks are looking to trade Boeser” “Will Jake be traded this off season” “Has Jake played his last game in a Canucks jersey” It’s really gotten childish and unprofessional of TSN1040 to keep trying to shove this negative narrative down the markets throat. 

In all honesty TSN1040 is making itself look like that crazy Ex that isn’t over the breakup and can’t seem to move on from it. Would rather make false rumours and toxicity than to grow up. Yup that sounds about right with Matt and TSN1040 losing the rights to Canucks games.

This is the look of a radio host & station that just can’t let things go, so much venom and bitterness. 

64323891-780D-4CD9-8774-14D221F1C73D.jpeg

• Vintage 1

10 hours ago, BowtieCanuck said:

Centres are the least of our worries. Defense has been and will continue to be the priority.

I agree. The defense is a borderline disaster. Absolute pig with make up on. 7 being the make up.

Edited by Chris12345

Pettersson

Horvat

Gaudette

Focht

D.I.R. isn't wrong, the Canucks don't have much top talent at C in the system. In fact, none other than Focht. Will Graovac, Karlsson, Costmar and Zhuknov really make the Canucks full time one day? Doubtful. And Sutter, Beagle won't be here for much longer. 

Perhaps they will make some trades eventually, that will fill the two bottom 6 C spots, until Focht arrives. Maybe C's should be the main course on the menu at the Draft.

On another note - I think they also need to trade Demko for a Top 4 Dman. The D needs to be better in front of Markstrom. Package him with Stecher. 

In theory, their centre group should be strong if everyone is healthy.  

Sutter fits the role as 3C if there's a need to tighten things up.  Gaudette can be the 3C if you need a bit more offense.  Beagle as the 4C.... no issue save for the salary.  

Sutter does seem a bit off when playing the wing, and Gaudette does seem to be a bit better on the wing instead of centre.  Why doesn't TG just continue the Sutter-Gaudette line with Brandon as the centre?  

2 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

I shut them off yesterday....as much as I love hockey talk leading up to games, the Jake thing is being so overblown by them.  I hate it.

I want hockey not drama.  

Deb, you know the media thrives on drama. When they do actually talk hockey it is good listening but unfortunately they love to stir the pot.

2 hours ago, EP Phone Home said:

I concur completely and it’s coming from the same source and station. Sekeras syndrome isn’t ending it seems. It’s been a month of non stop “Canucks are looking to trade Boeser” “Will Jake be traded this off season” “Has Jake played his last game in a Canucks jersey” It’s really gotten childish and unprofessional of TSN1040 to keep trying to shove this negative narrative down the markets throat. 

In all honesty TSN1040 is making itself look like that crazy Ex that isn’t over the breakup and can’t seem to move on from it. Would rather make false rumours and toxicity than to grow up. Yup that sounds about right with Matt and TSN1040 losing the rights to Canucks games.

This is the look of a radio host & station that just can’t let things go, so much venom and bitterness. 

64323891-780D-4CD9-8774-14D221F1C73D.jpeg

That man looks absolutely evil. Also the bolded part made me laugh, thanks. 

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, CaptKirk888 said:

That man looks absolutely evil. Also the bolded part made me laugh, thanks. 

That’s no man, that’s a muppet. I never agree with David Pratt but when he called Matt a Muppet, that’s something he wasn’t wrong about. Happy to give you a giggle before the long weekend and the games ahead, cheers Capt!

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

I want hockey not drama.  

Deb, seriously?  You grew up here didn't you?  It has always been so.  Vancouver hockey is a drama.  It just is....

• Vintage 1

It’s funny Wednesday’s game I posted switch Gaud and Bo....I got what the f. And understandably so.

I posted it mostly outa sarcasm and Canucks inability to score vs Jets. I’m high on Gaud and his future...but This Playoff bubble summer Canucks need Bo on the faceoffs and his solid 2way play. Unfortunately Bo gets matched against the other teams top line.

maybe in the Future we see Canucks with two equal 2nd 3rd lines. Which we can’t really say which one is the true 2nd line. 

I do see Bo will always be matched against the Harder lines...when Coach Green has the opportunity. Is that a 2nd or 3rd line attribute? You decide.

anywho this playoff bubble series Canucks need All lines rolling to win this.

Go Canucks Go

IMO we got solid centers throughout all 4 lines

i do think Gaud needs more Manny time at the faceoff circle  , but he will get there.

Edited by HockeyHarry
  • Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

Deb, seriously?  You grew up here didn't you?  It has always been so.  Vancouver hockey is a drama.  It just is....

Canuck media and fans love having a whipping boy or 2.

I don’t get why there isn’t “Pearson get the F going or your next”

43 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

There is this option but Miller is a really good fit with Petey

So since reading the thread yesterday I've been batting a few dreams around in my head. The biggest problems in my dream are Petey and face offs, Gaudette needing the same face off support and Ferks being healthy.

Let's pretend Ferky is back 100% of his former self AND Petey has learned everything Manny Malhotra knows about winning face offs...

Ferk - Petey - Boeser

Pearson - Bo - Tofu

Miller - Gaud - Virt

Rooster - Beags - Motte

That's 3 lines that could potentially play balanced minutes and no one would complain. Each have scoring threats, grit, defensively smart players and someone who's reliable on the dot. IF!

Bonus with the 3rd line. Miller gets to on ice mentor Jake while sheltering Gaud. 

It all relies on a lot of ifs. But IF a few things... 

A guy can dream I guess.

Edited by luckylager
  • Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, luckylager said:

So since reading the thread yesterday I've been batting a few dreams around in my head. The biggest problems in my dream are Petey and face offs, Gaudette needing the same face off support and Ferks being healthy.

Let's pretend Ferky is back 100% of his former self AND Petey has learned everything Manny Malhotra knows about winning face offs...

Ferk - Petey - Boeser

Pearson - Bo - Tofu

Miller - Gaud - Virt

Rooster - Beags - Motte

That's 3 lines that could potentially play balanced minutes and no one would complain. Each have scoring threats, grit, defensively smart players and someone who's reliable on the dot. IF!

Bonus with the 3rd line. Miller gets to on ice mentor Jake while sheltering Gaud. 

It all relies on a lot of ifs. But IF a few things... 

A guy can dream I guess.

Miller was arguably the best forward on our team. He 100% top 6 imo. Move the three LW’ers around and you still have a balanced three lines.

Miller - Petey - Boeser/Tofolli

Ferland/Pearson - Horvat - Boeser/Tofolli

Ferland/Pearson - Gaudette - Virtanen

Roussel - Beagle - Motte/MacEwen

This is what I’d like to see Playoff time.

Edited by J-23
  • Cheers 2

21 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Miller was arguably the best forward on our team. He 100% top 6 imo. Move the three LW’ers around and you still have a balanced three lines.

Miller - Petey - Boeser/Tofolli

Ferland/Pearson - Horvat - Boeser/Tofolli

Ferland/Pearson - Gaudette - Virtanen

Roussel - Beagle - Motte/MacEwen

This is what I’d like to see Playoff time.

Can't argue with your dreams bro. I like that line up. I wanted Gaudette sheltered by Miller though. Just like he shelters Petey

My dream saw all 3 lines getting close to equal minutes and you'd have to assume the PP would borrow from different lines....

But I forgot Newell Brown was our PP coach for a minute. Now everything is ruined.

Thanks Brown. He sucks BTW. Same with Baumer

Edited by luckylager
  • Haha 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

Gaudette is still incredibly green. I don't see him as a defensive liability out there very often, I really wish this wasn't the first thing people say about him. It's not true. Were he truly a defensive liability he wouldn't be in the NHL. He has a special talent for quick bang bang plays, something which you can't really teach. His tenacity is why his line got the only goal the other night.

Bo and Pete are going to be the 1/2 C for many years yet, and to have Gaudette as the #3 seed bodes for an incredible future for this team.

Gaudette is eating up all he can from playing with Sutter and Beagle. When those guys move on, 4th line centers are a dime a dozen in the NHL, and it's where you can sneak in declining talent with an up and coming core to present four real lines going into the playoffs. I'm super curious to see who Benning replaces Beagle with, more so than any other coming change in the next couple seasons.

Keep in mind that Miller is also a center. We're not as lean as many think down the center, in fact I think we're in an incredible position moving forward.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1