The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, naslund.is.king said:

Am I the only one who watched this?

Judges shit the bed tonight

I guess they gave Jan the first 3 rounds ? ugly draw. How the fight ends should be worth a lot more.

Paddy is hella over rated. Gets hit a lot and is sloppy. I thought he might have lost, another surprise from the judges.

Till is also overated but he could have got the W over that huff and puff muscle boy but nah, rolled over and gave up.

Overall, weak card. 

Highlight for me was watching that inbred 'murican flat earther get absolutely smoked. Ilia is the real deal. 

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I guess they gave Jan the first 3 rounds ? ugly draw. How the fight ends should be worth a lot more.

Yea I guess it's all how you view the first round. 

19 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Paddy is hella over rated. Gets hit a lot and is sloppy. I thought he might have lost, another surprise from the judges.

He didn't live up to the hype tonight forsure. He should have lost tonight but will soon...definitely looks like the fix was in

Agreed card coulda been alot more

If I would have spent money on it I'd been very disappointed (but I didn't:) )

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Haha. 

Up your security detail Dana. 

Ramzan Kadyrov calls out Dana White after UFC 282 split draw, demands his fighter be made champion

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2022/12/11/23504174/ramzan-kadyrov-dana-white-ufc-282-split-draw-politics-threat-demand-mma-politics

Lol. Dana and the MMA community have been quite silent about what a POS Kadyrov is. I wonder if this will change Dana's tune. 

Paddy made himself very unlikeable this week. He reminds me of Conor only in the sense that he'll act however he thinks he needs to act in a given situation to get what he wants. He's as disingenuous as it comes. 

Bryce Mitchell got to learn that being the smartest inbred at the ho-down doesn't count for crap. 

EDIT: foul language... are the CDC censors no longer working? I figured it would just auto-correct my swears lol. 

Edited by Down by the River
  • Vintage 1

• 4 weeks later...
21 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Dana White has his new stupid-ass power slap league on his mind.

He has been promoting it by slapping his wife around.

https://www.tmz.com/2023/01/02/dana-white-wife-drunk-fight-slap-new-years-eve-nightclub-cabo/

What a piece of garbage he is. Always has been. 

Pressure growing to remove UFC head honcho;

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/mma-ufc/the-ufc-has-to-fire-dana-white-after-video-shows-him-hitting-his-wife-at-a-nightclub/ar-AA15Vsdw?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=071f8c5c101b4fda902ed6502f2afefa

"Dana White has long been the face of the Ultimate Fighting Championship and during all those years he has said nobody bounces back from hitting a woman.

In fact, he said exactly that during an appearance on FS1 back in 2014:

“There’s one thing that you never bounce back from and that’s putting your hands on a woman,” White said.

Well, over the holiday weekend a video emerged of White hitting his wife Anne during a dispute at a packed nightclub in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico and now it’s time for the UFC owners at Endeavor to listen to White’s words and show him the door. As he said, nobody bounces back from putting his hands on a woman, and rightfully so.

White talked to TMZ  and gave a rambling statement that really made no sense at all. It was clearly just a way for the fight promotor to try to take control of the story and do his best to sweep it under the rug before it could become the big story that it should be..

Let’s go through White’s statement and try to make sense of what he said. We’ll start with how he started it – admitting that he hit his wife, Anne:

“I’m in Cabo, Mexico, for the holidays with my family and my wife and I were out with family on New Year’s Eve, and unfortunately that’s what happened.”

Then he went back to his message about not bouncing back from putting your hands on a woman:

“I’m one of the guys, you heard me say for years: There’s never, ever an excuse for a guy to put his hands on a woman. And now here I am on TMZ talking about it.”

Again, he’s right by saying there’s never an excuse.

Here he is bringing up how long he and Anne have been married, which really doesn’t matter at all:

“My wife and I have been married for almost 30 years. We’ve known each other since we were almost 12 years old. We’ve obviously been through some s— together and we’ve got three kids, and this is one of those situations that’s horrible.”

Yes, he’s right – it was horrible. If you’ve seen the video you’ll agree.

Here’s White again saying how long he’s been married to his wife and that this was an “unfortunate” situation.

“People are going to have their opinions on this. Most of the people’s opinions will be right – especially in my case. You don’t put your hands on a woman ever. My wife and I obviously love each other. We’ve been together for a very long time. We’ve known each other since we were very little and this is just one of those unfortunate situations.”

Not sure how “being together for a very long time” should carry any weight here so I won’t allow it to. Also not sure what he means by, “Most of the people’s opinions will be right – especially in my case.” Like, what?

Here is White not making excuses while also making an excuse by saying there was a lot of alcohol involved.

“There was definitely a lot of alcohol, but there’s no excuse. I’m literally making no excuses for this thing at all. It’s never happened before. It’s the first time that it’s ever happened, and people are going to say what they’re going to say. It is what it is. And whatever people do say, it’s deserved. I deserve it. It happened.”

Also, saying “It’s never happened before. It’s the first time that it’s ever happened,” are just more excuses that don’t really carry any weight, either, because it did happen. He did it.

And yes, White does deserve something for this – a severe punishment. Imagine if any other commissioner in sports was seen on video hitting their wife? This news would be everywhere and they would be out of a job in a heartbeat.

White isn’t out of a job. In fact, he has a new venture starting up this month – the Power Slap league, which is a league that will have people slapping each other in the face as hard as they can.

For real.

White can’t be the face of that moving forward and he can’t be the face of the UFC anymore, either.

You just can’t bounce back from putting your hands on a woman.

Just ask Dana White.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Gurn said:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/mma-ufc/the-ufc-has-to-fire-dana-white-after-video-shows-him-hitting-his-wife-at-a-nightclub/ar-AA15Vsdw?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=071f8c5c101b4fda902ed6502f2afefa

"Dana White has long been the face of the Ultimate Fighting Championship and during all those years he has said nobody bounces back from hitting a woman.

“There’s one thing that you never bounce back from and that’s putting your hands on a woman,” White said.

Well, over the holiday weekend a video emerged of White hitting his wife Anne during a dispute at a packed nightclub in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico and now it’s time for the UFC owners at Endeavor to listen to White’s words and show him the door. As he said, nobody bounces back from putting his hands on a woman, and rightfully so.

White talked to TMZ  and gave a rambling statement that really made no sense at all. It was clearly just a way for the fight promotor to try to take control of the story and do his best to sweep it under the rug before it could become the big story that it should be..

Let’s go through White’s statement and try to make sense of what he said. We’ll start with how he started it – admitting that he hit his wife, Anne:

“I’m in Cabo, Mexico, for the holidays with my family and my wife and I were out with family on New Year’s Eve, and unfortunately that’s what happened.”

Then he went back to his message about not bouncing back from putting your hands on a woman:

“I’m one of the guys, you heard me say for years: There’s never, ever an excuse for a guy to put his hands on a woman. And now here I am on TMZ talking about it.”

Here he is bringing up how long he and Anne have been married, which really doesn’t matter at all:

“My wife and I have been married for almost 30 years. We’ve known each other since we were almost 12 years old. We’ve obviously been through some s— together and we’ve got three kids, and this is one of those situations that’s horrible.”

Here’s White again saying how long he’s been married to his wife and that this was an “unfortunate” situation.

“People are going to have their opinions on this. Most of the people’s opinions will be right – especially in my case. You don’t put your hands on a woman ever. My wife and I obviously love each other. We’ve been together for a very long time. We’ve known each other since we were very little and this is just one of those unfortunate situations.”

Not sure how “being together for a very long time” should carry any weight here so I won’t allow it to. Also not sure what he means by, “Most of the people’s opinions will be right – especially in my case.” Like, what?

Here is White not making excuses while also making an excuse by saying there was a lot of alcohol involved.

“There was definitely a lot of alcohol, but there’s no excuse. I’m literally making no excuses for this thing at all. It’s never happened before. It’s the first time that it’s ever happened, and people are going to say what they’re going to say. It is what it is. And whatever people do say, it’s deserved. I deserve it. It happened.”

Also, saying “It’s never happened before. It’s the first time that it’s ever happened,” are just more excuses that don’t really carry any weight, either, because it did happen. He did it.

And yes, White does deserve something for this – a severe punishment. Imagine if any other commissioner in sports was seen on video hitting their wife? This news would be everywhere and they would be out of a job in a heartbeat.

White isn’t out of a job. In fact, he has a new venture starting up this month – the Power Slap league, which is a league that will have people slapping each other in the face as hard as they can.

For real.

White can’t be the face of that moving forward and he can’t be the face of the UFC anymore, either.

Just ask Dana White.

Oh I hope so Gurn.

Many praise him for building the sport, and he has.

However, he has also stood in the way of some fantastic match ups, hurting the sport. UFC underpay their fighters and do next to nothing for their health. Jake Paul has actaully gained a spot in my heart as he constantly trolls Dana about the healthcare and pay issues.

But all that aside. He is just a down right pig and the video of him hitting his wife shows it. He went at her muliple times, a woman that he has been with for 30 years. A woman that he also cheats on. Again, a pig. I hope nothing but bad luck for him for the rest of his life. 

Also. The power slap league? in a time when full contact fighting is trying to get respect, this pile of crap is trying to start 'CTE' events. No blocking, no defense, just stand there and slap each other..one at a time until someone gets knocked out. All round gross. 

• Upvote 1

Endeavor shares fall after video shows UFC boss Dana White hitting wife on New Year’s Eve

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/01/03/endeavor-stock-ufc-dana-white-hits-wife-video.html

KEY POINTS
  • Shares of Endeavor, the owner of the Ultimate Fighting Championship, fell after a video surfaced of UFC president Dana White hitting his wife.
  • Endeavor, run by Hollywood super agent Ari Emanuel, took full ownership of UFC in 2021
  • White issued a public apology on Monday, according to media reports.

. This could add some pressure. Ari is the guy from the famous hose picture with Elon musk.

On 1/3/2023 at 3:53 PM, Gurn said:

For real.

Just ask Dana White.

I honestly don't care. She slapped him..he slapped back. Not like he full on punched and beat her. Stupid drunken move and shouldn't happen but is what it is. I could see him kicked to the curb. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...