The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2017‎-‎08‎-‎28 at 2:46 PM, debluvscanucks said:

We've addressed the "moving on" part previously.  It certainly doesn't hurt anyone to have this thread in place and, just as Burr's history with the organization is unique, so is this thread.  Burr's absence will be felt for some time and this thread is a place for people to discuss him and serves as a reminder of what hard work can accomplish.  That's  a good message to keep "open".

The option to simply disregard the thread is a simple one, so it doesn't seem pressing to have to shut it down. 

or:

Hemos abordado la partie "moviéndose". Ciertamente, il n'y a pas de dommage pour un individu qui ne le possède pas, et ce, en même temps que l'histoire de Burr con la organisation unique, aussi pour cet hilo. La ausencia de Burr se sentirá pendant quelque temps et cet hilo est un lieu pour la vie de l'homme et l'un des objets de l'enregistrement. Ese es un bon message pour maintenir "abierto".   La option de l'ignorant simple, c'est simple, par lo que no parece tener que apagarlo.

or:

Vi har tidigare tagit del av "vidarebefordran". Det gör ingen skada för att ha den här tråden på plats, och precis som Burrs historia med organisationen är unik, så är den här tråden. Burrs frånvaro kommer att kännas en tid och den här tråden är en plats för människor att diskutera honom och tjänar som en påminnelse om vad hårt arbete kan utföra. Det är ett bra budskap att hålla "öppen". Alternativet att enkelt ignorera tråden är en enkel, så det verkar inte trycka för att behöva stänga av det.

maybe:

以前我们已经解决了“移动”部分。肯定不会有任何人有这个线程到位,正如Burr与组织的历史是独一无二的,这个线索也是如此。 Burr的缺席将会被感受到一段时间,这个线索是人们讨论他的地方,并提醒人们可以做出什么努力。这是一个保持“开放”的好消息。

简单地忽略线程的选择是一个简单的选择,所以不要紧迫地关闭它。

Deb, did you ever meet your man crush? lol

I am on your side on this one Deb.......I say leave it up, so you can read pasts posts and get lost for a couple hours, then come back to us and kick a$$

LOL...........LOL........LOL!

Seriously Deb........we know you love him, and wouldn't expect any other answer or opinion

Hey I know, lets have a poll to see if we should take it down....we could have one every year! LOL

Suddenly, Deb panics! LOL

::D

• Upvote 1

Anyone who met Burr has said nothing but positive things about him. Meeting 

It honestly breaks my heart knowing that his tenure didn't earn him a championship here. 

Burr is truly one of the good guys. 

I just teared up typing this out... 

True :goat:

Meeting him and Bert were moments I'll never forget. Although about 10 years apart... They both had major impacts on me. I think Bert slightly more since I was much younger but I can argue that Burr is the better person 

(I think bert is also an incredible person but Burr is something else) 

I hope I'm in Vancouver the day #14 goes to the ring of honour so I can attend the game and watch the ceremony. You know what, even if I've moved away because the affordability just gets worse and worse in the city, I'll be sure to make a trip back and attend. 

If Ottawa wins the cup, I'd be almost as happy as if Vancouver does next year. Key word, almost. 

• Upvote 4

On 8/28/2017 at 2:46 PM, debluvscanucks said:

maybe:

以前我们已经解决了“移动”部分。肯定不会有任何人有这个线程到位,正如Burr与组织的历史是独一无二的,这个线索也是如此。 Burr的缺席将会被感受到一段时间,这个线索是人们讨论他的地方,并提醒人们可以做出什么努力。这是一个保持“开放”的好消息。

Google translate actually worked like a charm +1

• Upvote 1

On 8/28/2017 at 2:46 PM, debluvscanucks said:

We've addressed the "moving on" part previously.  It certainly doesn't hurt anyone to have this thread in place and, just as Burr's history with the organization is unique, so is this thread.  Burr's absence will be felt for some time and this thread is a place for people to discuss him and serves as a reminder of what hard work can accomplish.  That's  a good message to keep "open".

The option to simply disregard the thread is a simple one, so it doesn't seem pressing to have to shut it down. 

or:

Hemos abordado la partie "moviéndose". Ciertamente, il n'y a pas de dommage pour un individu qui ne le possède pas, et ce, en même temps que l'histoire de Burr con la organisation unique, aussi pour cet hilo. La ausencia de Burr se sentirá pendant quelque temps et cet hilo est un lieu pour la vie de l'homme et l'un des objets de l'enregistrement. Ese es un bon message pour maintenir "abierto".   La option de l'ignorant simple, c'est simple, par lo que no parece tener que apagarlo.

or:

Vi har tidigare tagit del av "vidarebefordran". Det gör ingen skada för att ha den här tråden på plats, och precis som Burrs historia med organisationen är unik, så är den här tråden. Burrs frånvaro kommer att kännas en tid och den här tråden är en plats för människor att diskutera honom och tjänar som en påminnelse om vad hårt arbete kan utföra. Det är ett bra budskap att hålla "öppen". Alternativet att enkelt ignorera tråden är en enkel, så det verkar inte trycka för att behöva stänga av det.

maybe:

Same dude says we don't need police Deb - consider the source.

• Upvote 1

On 9/7/2017 at 8:51 PM, janisahockeynut said:

Hey I know, lets have a poll to see if we should take it down....we could have one every year! LOL

Suddenly, Deb panics! LOL

::D

Honestly, I don't think she'd have a lot to worry about even with a poll B)

• Upvote 2

On 9/14/2017 at 8:24 AM, debluvscanucks said:

Man, those are big shoes sweaters to fill up there.  If even in entertainment value alone, they sure are missed.   In hindsight, even when this team was down, they were a brotherhood and lost together.  That's an important takeaway in all of this...you're together for the good times and the bad.  Lu, Bieksa, Burr, Sedins, even Kes, stood together and it was an "us against the world" thing.  They had fun and that brought a lot of fun for fans too.   

Canucks-ugly-sweater-Kevin-Bieksa.jpg

I really wish they would do these Christmas sweaters again and auction them off... 

I regret not getting one so badly. I think Weise and Sestito ones went around $200... 

Would definitely get my hands on one if they were to do it again this year. It was for charity so I hope they do it again. They haven't the past few years :(

• Upvote 1