The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

Was at the game last night sitting front row beside penalty box. Brought a milk carton with Burrows picture on it saying, "Missing: 0 Goals." During warm-up, Sestito skated by and busted out laughing. He then skated over to Bieksa, who looked over and started laughing. They then skated over to Burrows, who skated up to us laughing and gave a big thumbs up. While he was in the penalty box, he said "Very nice guys, very nice." After he scored his goal and gave all the guys high five on the bench, he looked over at center ice and gave a big smile while we gave him the "golfers clap." Great evening.

lololol, Im glad all you burrows fans have this thread to give your life meaning. Deb im looking at you. Dark days ahead for the nucks.

The canucks are turning into a sideshow, hiring the worst coach available, pissing away prospects in development for years, and now they are looking for a goalie. Move over Edmonton, Vancouver wants to sit on the bottom for a few years......

welcome back!!

this thread is the most legendary thread of all time, kudos!

Face it - Burr is this team's lucky charm. As he goes...the season goes. It would be absolutely aces - if that curse upon him has now been lifted.

It's also great to see the farm-hands in Utica gaining momentum in their season, winning a helluva lot of close games & gaining more confidence. I'm also happy to see that a few of 'em are now up to share with the big club their renewed optimism & energy. Some teams ranking-higher in the NHL standings are now slumping. Soooo, never say never!

But - I'd have to say the 'Nucks 2014 play-off chances are slim & none. And - slim just scored 2 goals in the 'Peg on Thursday night.

Edited by viking mama

It's amazing how many "fans" hope for Canuck players to fail.

It's sad and pathetic to see.

Amen, Gumball.

And it's not just current players. There are several people on this board who can't stand the fact that Raymond is having a good season in T.O. There was also a thread earlier in the year from one of the AV hating contingent, celebrating the Ranger's slow start.

I think what happens with players on the current roster is that when one of the resident "realists" spends the entire season ragging on a player, they hope for the player's struggles to continue, just to make it look like they know something the rest of CDC doesn't.

As you say: Sad.

• Upvote 1

Guest Gumballthechewy

Amen, Gumball.

And it's not just current players. There are several people on this board who can't stand the fact that Raymond is having a good season in T.O. There was also a thread earlier in the year from one of the AV hating contingent, celebrating the Ranger's slow start.

I think what happens with players on the current roster is that when one of the resident "realists" spends the entire season ragging on a player, they hope for the player's struggles to continue, just to make it look like they know something the rest of CDC doesn't.

As you say: Sad.

I know! I never liked the way Raymond played but I never wished for him to fail, I always wanted him to be successful and now that he's doing well in Toronto I'm happy for him.

I think what you said is true but I also think that some people just enjoy watching someone struggle and fail.

• Upvote 1