The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

13 hours ago, -AJ- said:

I wonder when I first posted in this thread. I wish I could find that without searching through nearly 10k posts.

One of only 100 reasons why this should be put to bed.

We all loved the guy. When he was here. He's been playing for another team for over a year. Time to move on eh. 
Or, can I/we make similar threads about  Kesler, Bieksa, Bulis, Fedorov, Carter, King, Klatt or a thousand other past players etc etc in "Canucks Talk" because you know, ... they once played for our team....

Or open an Ottawa Senators sub-forum here , and hand out wet towels at the door if you all want to keep talking about him :shrug:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

Ottawa's a bit of a trainwreck at the moment...feel sorry for Burr. 

Ya, I thought he was going to have a chance at a Cup, but OTT is no where near that now. Methot being claimed by Vegas had a big impact on that team and Karlsson's play as well, He's not the same without Methot. They tried to get Dion Phaneuf to waive for Vegas but he refused. And Turris was a glue guy in the dressing room now he's gone. 

• Upvote 2

A big theme the past few pages of this thread is the discussion of whether it should still be in the Canucks forum. I'm a big Burrows fans, but totally get where people are coming from in questioning the continued validity of this thread.

Personally, I'm fine with this thread not being closed. But I really don't see the value in keeping it pinned. It's one of the first threads people see when they come to the Canucks forum, and I think it makes us look pretty sad, holding onto the past. We have an exciting new team with great new players on it. Let's focus on the present and future.  I'd suggest that if enough people care to keep this thread going, it should be allowed to happen without it being pinned and staring us in the face every time fans or even trolls come onto our site. I'd suggest that even Burrows would agree; he wouldn't want us to continue focusing so much attention on him, he'd want us to show more respect to the current roster and keep our attention towards this year's team. Time to unpin this legendary thread to make room for more current topics.

I was kind of hoping this thread would get to 500 pages before being shut down. But if it is tailing off naturally before that then so be it. I was also kind of hoping that Alex could somehow be presented with the thread. After all this is the official NHL Canucks board. There should be enough connections in here to bring it to his attention.  Deb? With a bit of an explanation of course on who started it, and when it started, 2008, just when he was grinding it out with a young Kesler.

Now he may already be aware of it. I don't know. But it would be a shame if this thread just died and went away without him ever knowing how the vast majority on CDC rallied around him and defended him and loved him. This thread basically spans his whole career with the Canucks. And it is a testament to his consistency on the ice and how positive it remained for the most part, for the extent of the thread.

Edited by kilgore
  • Upvote 1