The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A Game Of Thrones: To the point of the TV show, no spoilers beyond that

Mr.Noodles

I thought Rhaegar was excentally cast, it is mentioned in the book that Viserys looks like scrawny Rhaegar. 

I definitely think that Tyrion made a deal with Cersei, this would also play into the prophecy that Dany will be betrayed 3 times. This one would be for love, as in Tyrions love for his family. 

Aiden Gillen was absolutely fantastic in his death scene, amazing. 

Loved how they shot Jons reveal, with him and Dany. Especially when Bran says about Rhaegar that "he loved her." and it shows Jon. "And she loved him." Dany looking at Jon. 

2 hours ago, Down by the River said:

When Bron and Jamie are talking, Jamie mentions that Tyrion has always had a soft spot for the downtrodden. Bron then mentions that they are about to be the downtrodden. Could be another small piece of foreshadowing that Tyrion made a deal with Cersei. 

Could be

Bronn: C'mon Podrick, lets have a drink while the actress that plays Cersei is on set as I am contractually obligated to leave the set anytime she's around:lol:

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Could be

Bronn: C'mon Podrick, lets have a drink while the actress that plays Cersei is on set as I am contractually obligated to leave the set anytime she's around:lol:

Lol. The Wife and I were in Dubrovnik and did a GoT tour. One of the tour guides worked on set and said that those two haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaated each other.

12 hours ago, CaptainCanuck001 said:

I thought Rhaegar was excentally cast, it is mentioned in the book that Viserys looks like scrawny Rhaegar. 

I definitely think that Tyrion made a deal with Cersei, this would also play into the prophecy that Dany will be betrayed 3 times. This one would be for love, as in Tyrions love for his family. 

Aiden Gillen was absolutely fantastic in his death scene, amazing. 

Loved how they shot Jons reveal, with him and Dany. Especially when Bran says about Rhaegar that "he loved her." and it shows Jon. "And she loved him." Dany looking at Jon. 

I think the love betrayal will be john killing her to make lightbringer

7 hours ago, Down by the River said:

Lol. The Wife and I were in Dubrovnik and did a GoT tour. One of the tour guides worked on set and said that those two haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaated each other.

Apparently they had a bit of a fling in the early days of GoT.

Looks like it was a bit of a messy breakup.

22 minutes ago, SuitnTie said:

Soo next season is in 2019 from what I've heard.. my prediction: Jon and Danny have a son, but Jon gives up his life to defeat the white walkers and dies.. which leaves his son to rule the 7 kingdom. The end.

It takes 9 months to fight the WW army? I know they walk slow but...

There will be nothing worse in life then having the last season spoiled, which if it's two years away you know it's going to happen.  I read about Frosty Von Coolmint becoming an undead dragon and bringing down the wall last year but I didn't know if it was just a rumor until it actually happened.  Are we going to have to avoid the internet for two years lol?

So, according to Isaac Hempstead-Wright, (Bran Stark) Arya and Sansa were not playing Littlefinger the entire season.....

Apparently, there was a scene shot (which eventually ended up on the cutting room floor) that showed Sansa believed Arya might be out to kill her, but before acting on those suspicions, remembered that she had a brother who was the Westeros version of Wikipedia.

It was after Bran told her what's what (one has to wonder why Bran didn't offer up such information without being asked) that the Stark sisters hatched their plot against Petyr.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/entertainment/entertainmenttv/game-of-thrones-star-clears-up-those-arya-sansa-littlefinger-questions-you-have/ar-AAqYOgI?li=AAggSpD

3 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

So, according to Isaac Hempstead-Wright, (Bran Stark) Arya and Sansa were not playing Littlefinger the entire season.....

Apparently, there was a scene shot (which eventually ended up on the cutting room floor) that showed Sansa believed Arya might be out to kill her, but before acting on those suspicions, remembered that she had a brother who was the Westeros version of Wikipedia.

It was after Bran told her what's what (one has to wonder why Bran didn't offer up such information without being asked) that the Stark sisters hatched their plot against Petyr.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/entertainment/entertainmenttv/game-of-thrones-star-clears-up-those-arya-sansa-littlefinger-questions-you-have/ar-AAqYOgI?li=AAggSpD

Another victim of the shortened season.

I still don't really understand what the big hurry is? Why was the decision made to speed up the story so much? The nuance and, story/character and tension building was one of the pillars the series rested on and they basically decided to jackhammer at it this year. Why?

They hate making billions of dollars on continuing the series or something? Were they somehow contractually obligated to wrap it up in 8 seasons?

Edited by J.R.

20 hours ago, J.R. said:

I still don't really understand what the big hurry is? Why was the decision made to speed up the story so much? The nuance and, story/character and tension building was one of the pillars the series rested on and they basically decided to jackhammer at it this year. Why?

They hate making billions of dollars on continuing the series or something? Were they somehow contractually obligated to wrap it up in 8 seasons?

While I agree they have rushed way too much this season and that it is ruining a great aspect of the show i believe leaving that scene out helped build tension and suspense.  If they had included the seen with Sansa talking to Bran the suspense in Hall while she summoned Arya would not of been there as the audience would already know that Sansa knows the truth about her sister. By leaving that out it made for a better twist and at long last the end of LF.

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, J.R. said:

Yeah, I don't get that as well. There were opportunities to cut the story short in previous seasons which wouldn't have butchered parts of the story or messed up the traveling. But this season could have easily been a full 10-episode season, if not more. Next season will probably as well.

Only explanation I can come up with is that the contracts with (an) actor/s are running out and someone essential isn't willing to re-sign. But idk. Really weird, I agree.

11 hours ago, Spitfire_Spiky said:

While I agree they have rushed way too much this season and that it is ruining a great aspect of the show i believe leaving that scene out helped build tension and suspense.  If they had included the seen with Sansa talking to Bran the suspense in Hall while she summoned Arya would not of been there as the audience would already know that Sansa knows the truth about her sister. By leaving that out it made for a better twist and at long last the end of LF.

I agree, but I still found myself a bit disappointed to find out that the sisters didn't figure out Littlefinger's angle for themselves. The fact that Bran had to straighten them out cheapens their "revenge", IMO. It would have been much more satisfying had Arya been playing Petyr, when she snuck into his room and found the letter Sansa wrote to Robb.

Instead, we find out that she really was fooled by Littlefinger's ploy and that Sansa was also fooled, at least up until the end.

On 8/29/2017 at 5:22 PM, RUPERTKBD said:

Apparently they had a bit of a fling in the early days of GoT.

Looks like it was a bit of a messy breakup.

I believe it was before the show started...but apparently both have it in their contracts to not be on set with the other...