The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What are you listening to?

Rate this topic

10 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

One of my first favourite Dire Straits songs...it totally takes me back to when my parents shipped me off to my Aunt (was like a big sister to me) in Fort Nelson to get my act together when I was a teenager.   She picked me up at the airport and we sat in her yard drinking Vodka and Koolaid listening to this album (I brought it with me).  My Uncle's first time hearing it...he wouldn't stop playing it the entire time I was there.

As I'm still enjoying Band Maid, here's the lead guitarist and primary composer of Band Maid tunes, Kanami Tono. Aside from being an excellent guitarist she is also a trained concert pianist (from what I can gather not being a Japanese speaker), and I suspect that this is where she does a lot/most of her composition work. The first video is her at the piano, and the second is the same tune as a finished product.

regards,  G.

• Like 1
On 9/1/2020 at 1:50 PM, debluvscanucks said:

I see PJ every time they come...this was the best concert I've ever been to (yep, even over LZ). 

I was front row, behind the stage for this one.  Release had me in tears from the get go...it was my song as I went through a really troubled time before my ex and I split. 

I'd bought tickets with my son and his g/f for this show but then my daughter decided she wanted to go...so I gave her my ticket.  Then they released more (the area behind the stage) and I got one.  Was the best seat in the house as far as I was concerned....just unbelievable.  At one point, a super drunk young guy stumbled down the stairs and was suddenly standing right beside me (I had an extra seat that I used for my purse/coat).  He was spilling a drink all over me but we were singing, dancing and I told him "don't worry about it".  It was all good.  We spent 2-3 songs singing, swaying and at the end he said "I love you lady".  Then his friends came (and found him...apparently he'd gotten lost) and he was off.

I also spotted my kids all the way across the arena when Evolution came on....saw my son JUMP UP (spotted his brand new red PJ hoodie) and let it all go.  He's usually pretty reserved and we'd just been through a rough time...so it'll forever be etched on my heart as a moment of "he'll be ok".  Then I saw my daughter and future daughter in law also jumping up and down.  The place was wild.   29 songs?  What?

It wasn't just a concert...it was an experience.  The whole damn thing, start to finish.   The only crummy thing was when, at the end of the show, the guys were leaving behind the stage and Eddie pointed up at me, then threw a tambourine my way.  Except another drunk idiot on the stairs beside me reached across (almost fell over the rail) and intercepted it...then ran away up the stairs as the people around me jeered him.  Booo!

Took me 2 weeks to respond to this because I kept the youtube window open so I could make my way through the whole vid as I had time. What a great show. And those are great seats.

What great memories. 29 songs ain't bad. Always disapointed when bands come around and play 15 tunes then call it a night. When I saw GnR a few years back they played for 3 hrs 20 minutes and did 32 songs. Talk about getting your money's worth. https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/guns-n-roses/2017/bc-place-stadium-vancouver-bc-canada-63e282c3.html

12 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

One of my first favourite Dire Straits songs...it totally takes me back to when my parents shipped me off to my Aunt (was like a big sister to me) in Fort Nelson to get my act together when I was a teenager.   She picked me up at the airport and we sat in her yard drinking Vodka and Koolaid listening to this album (I brought it with me).  My Uncle's first time hearing it...he wouldn't stop playing it the entire time I was there.

:frantic::metal:

• Huggy Bear 1
13 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

it totally takes me back to when my parents shipped me off to my Aunt (was like a big sister to me) in Fort Nelson to get my act together when I was a teenager.   She picked me up at the airport and we sat in her yard drinking Vodka and Koolaid listening to this album (I brought it with me).

Sounds Like Larkin Poe Pilgrimage to find religion.

Instead they began to preach the Blues.

Grabbed up ma suitcase, and took off down the road... I said farewell my Church. May the good lord bless your soul!

PS; who knew u were the bad girl type Deb :lol:

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1