The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

7 hours ago, Toews said:

Game planned for Tyrod, struggled to adjust to Baker? 

Gotta say that as a Sooner fan, I've been watching Mayfield do this for a few years. I had my doubts that he could carry it over to the pros, but what we saw last night was what I've been watching him do for quite a while. That throw down inside the 5, that set up the winning TD was vintage Baker. A tiny window and he zipped it in there without hesitation.

A bit of topic, I was looking at the success of Patrick Mahomes and wondering why his named sounded so familiar....then I remembered an epic offensive battle that I had watched between Oklahoma and Texas Tech:

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b&ei=6fqkW-yTHLSCk-4Ph9OuGA&q=sooners+2017+scores&oq=sooners+2017+scores&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0i22i30k1l2.6493.11633.0.11916.19.18.0.1.1.0.95.1321.18.18.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..0.19.1320...0j0i67k1j0i131k1.0.maaQxPmGahI#sie=m;/g/11f541gfd7;6;/m/012hfxch;tb1;fp;1

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, gmen81 said:

Hue gotta watch game film before he decides who starts next week. 

I think it's a matter of not having Tyrod find out he's lost his starting job via Twitter (he's away from team in concussion protocol - surely his phone would blow up if Hue told the reporters "Baker will be QB1 next week". Respectful thing to do IMO

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, Toews said:

Game planned for Tyrod, struggled to adjust to Baker? 

To an extent yes. The problem with the jets is that they couldn't continually blitz against mayfield like taylor because mayfield can get rid of the ball quicker then taylor while remaining very accurate. 

On 2018-09-17 at 10:18 PM, ReggieBush said:

Was in hindsight the wrong call, but was never a horrible call. I absolutely despise that narrative that goes around.

http://www.slate.com/articles/sports/sports_nut/2015/02/pete_carroll_s_play_call_didn_t_lose_the_super_bowl_bill_belichick_tom_brady.html

Pete Carroll has never, ever, been an offensive coordinator nor play caller. To suggest that Carroll is imposing a system upon Russ is flat out wrong. Now if you have issues with the offensive coordinator, then you might have a case. I also feel like its pretty harsh to judge a staff on 2 road games to start a season, of which they lost both by 1 score. 

What have you seen at all that suggests that Russ is unhappy with Carroll, or his philosophy? If you cannot provide evidence, why suggest it?

https://clutchpoints.com/seahawks-rumors-seattle-could-get-three-first-round-picks-in-trade-for-russell-wilson/

Could get 3 firsts.

Jeez man take it!!!! That would speed up a KC style rebuild.