The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

10 minutes ago, DonLever said:

Stupid Stupid Bills.   Ahead by 3 with 13 seconds left.  A squib kick would have taken 5 seconds off leaving KS with 8 seconds.  2 plays at the most.  

I was screaming this too. Squib or kick it short and clock would of bled 4-6 seconds. 

And then rush only 2 and drop back. 

Another strategy could of been to literally hold every receiver and let the clock bleed. Take the 10 yard penalty and kill majority of the clock. 

Leslie Frazier and Sean McDermott with an all time blunder. I can't believe they blew it. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Green Building said:

Believe it or not I was thinking about your fandom since the Allen draft and during the Bills run this year. Future looks good. What a game.

Yep. Can't put this one on Allen.....except maybe for calling "Tails"....^_^

I don't know why they can't change the overtime rules so that each team get a chance to touch the ball.    You can still use the coin to determine who gets the ball first.

Otherwise it is just the luck of the draw with who wins the coin toss.  The winner of the coin toss in the NFL always take the ball.   Which is rational because after 4 quarters the defence is usually tired and the offensive can take advantage of it.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

And Tyreek says, that’s why I’m still the best receiver in the game ;)

Cooper Kupp would like a word... having a historical season right now

4 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

@ Bass: Please make the Chiefs return the kick.

4 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Frack.

Should have made them return the kick off

3 hours ago, DonLever said:

Stupid Stupid Bills.   Ahead by 3 with 13 seconds left.  A squib kick would have taken 5 seconds off leaving KS with 8 seconds.  2 plays at the most.  

Was watching the game with my pops and he was screaming at the TV for the  Bills to make sure KC had to return it and not just let them have the touchback! To spare them the precious 5 extra seconds to get into FG range was killer.

I am very surprised the Bills managed to piss away the game with 13 seconds left and the lead.

Josh Allen played amazing he was running like Super Bowl season a young Cam Newton but throwing it all over the yard better than Newton ever did.

It looked like the Bills were going to be headed to the Super Bowl after taking care of the upstart Bengals in front of the Bills Mafia at home with deafening crowd noise.

It wasn't to be.

Gabriel Davis had an absolute monster of a playoff game 4td catches and over 200 yards receiving. Yet the Bills lost?!

Really Davis carried the Bills  along with the arm and legs of Allen.

The Bills need a better d-line specifically pass rusher and corners maybe beef up the OL a little if possible and get an upgrade at RB who has a combination of speed and power ideally.

Singletary is a solid back but he is not a big time difference maker really.

It is fascinating how a team like KC can have such a high powered offence despite relying extremely heavily on Kelce and Tyreek Hill to carry them.

Edited by Chip Kelly

7 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

I know he is playing through a hand/thumb injury but this guy has sucked so bad. Throws terrible picks and makes dumb turnovers. The d and special teams have carried him in the playoffs.

It feels like he is the Alex Smith to the Colin Kaepernick biding his time on the bench (Trey Lance).

Let's not forget how he couldn't make the plays needed up 10 on the Chiefs in the 4th quarter.

He has definitely sold his soul to have the life and career he has had. That maniacal drive is unbelievable. You would think he would soften a bit with age and wisdom and the fact he has won more and already made insane amounts of money already that his entire teammates combined won't match. He has been in more playoff games than most franchises but he is still a grade A prick.

Yeah, Jimmy G. hasn’t won that game or played well for that matter.

I just hate the Packers and especially Rodgers, anyone sticking it them and their hillbilly fan base is cool in my eyes.

Gould did spend 11 years in Chicago so seeing him make that kick was sweet.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Unbelievable weekend of football capped by that game. Still baffled as to why Buffalo kicked that through the end zone, absolutely brutal clock management.

It's possible the Bill's punter kicked it harder than he wanted to so it went into the end zone.

The Bill's coach alluded to it by saying this:

"Again, I'm going to put it on the execution at this point and myself. I'm just going to leave it at that,"

6 minutes ago, DonLever said:

It's possible the Bill's punter kicked it harder than he wanted to so it went into the end zone.

The Bill's coach alluded to it by saying this:

"Again, I'm going to put it on the execution at this point and myself. I'm just going to leave it at that,"

Still could easily have told him to do a squib kick. 

• Upvote 1

On 1/24/2022 at 8:49 AM, gurn said:

Now the day after a great, great football game. 

I see the NFL still hasn't changed their overtime play off rules, to allow both teams a chance with the ball.

I think they will, at least for the playoffs. I can understand the reasoning for it in the regular season as they don't want the morning games to bleed towards the afternoon games.In the playoffs, both teams should have a possesion, not just TD and its over.

• Upvote 1