The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Looking forward to tonights game. Pumped with how well Stafford has played for the Rams this far! Big shoutout to the Vikings and 49ers for beating a couple division rivals for us. Big game against the Cards next week, thinking the Rams can pull it off and get to 4-0.

Another note, why do the Thursday night games have bad teams? Panthers v Texans ... Jags v Bengals... pretty brutal games if you ask me.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Mj2345 said:

0-3 Jacksonville vs 2-1 Bengals Tonight 5:20 TSN

It's difficult to watch without any skin in the game to be honest.

On 9/27/2021 at 8:09 AM, RUPERTKBD said:

Long time Bills fan here. I can't tell you how nice it is to have a team that looks like a contender after so many years on the outside looking in....

Funny thing is, I was always kind if indifferent to the Browns......until they drafted Baker Mayfield. I've been an Oklahoma Sooners fan even longer than I've been a Bills fan, so now I cheer for both Mayfield and Kyler Murray.

I even cheer for the Eagles, now that it looks like Jalen Hurts is their starter....

Not buying Hurts as more than a short term starter unless he rapidly improves as a pocket passer.

Some of those throws last couple of weeks holding onto the ball way too long before he deals.

His arm strength is also lagging at times tends to float a lot of his passes. Needs much better accuracy if he is going to be closer to the next Dak Prescott but so far he looks more just like another Tyrod Taylor. Good long term backup and spot starter just doesn't seem like he is showing the signs of a franchise qb yet.

5 hours ago, Mj2345 said:

0-3 Jacksonville vs 2-1 Bengals Tonight 5:20 TSN

Pretty entertaining game.

Jacksonville done in by two main plays - the foiled TD attempt at the end of the first half.  And the Bengals' third down play near the end of the game when Burrow was sacked but Jacksonville was called for holding, so first down Bengals.  And they march on to the game winning field goal.

Another learning experience for Lawrence.  Who had 0 interceptions.