The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

59 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

Wilson playing lights out so far. The running game has been just as good as well. Their defence, especially pass defence, has improved big time just based off their performance so far. Seattle is looking like they’ll be a special team this year. Excited to see how it goes! Go Hawks!

The announcers said that Wilson hired Tim Grover who used to be Michael Jordan’s Trainer and also worked with Kobe Bryant and other NBA Stars.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Beary Sweet said:

Wilson playing lights out so far. The running game has been just as good as well. Their defence, especially pass defence, has improved big time just based off their performance so far. Seattle is looking like they’ll be a special team this year. Excited to see how it goes! Go Hawks!

Did the Seahawks improve their pass rush?  Last year they only got to the QB with blitz schemes.  If they can get pocket pressure with just their linemen, that would be huge.  

• Upvote 1

I was watching, on and off, the Houston/Jacksonville game to see how Trevor Lawrence would do in his first NFL game.

From what I saw, this season will be a long, hard learning experience for the young guy.

News flash:  Jacksonville Jaguars are not a good football team.

• Cheers 1

48 minutes ago, UnkNuk said:

I was watching, on and off, the Houston/Jacksonville game to see how Trevor Lawrence would do in his first NFL game.

From what I saw, this season will be a long, hard learning experience for the young guy.

News flash:  Jacksonville Jaguars are not a good football team.

I didn't get to see him play, but his numbers weren't that bad (though he got one maybe 2 TD in garbage time).

I assume he doesn't have a lot of time in the pocket. 

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Did the Seahawks improve their pass rush?  Last year they only got to the QB with blitz schemes.  If they can get pocket pressure with just their linemen, that would be huge.  

From how much I watched of the game, it seems that their pass rush has improved a lot from last season. They also addressed their pass protection with a couple moves from this past offseason to protect Wilson. Adams is going to be key this year for the Hawks pass rush as he’s always lurking and hungry to get a sack

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, c00kies said:

I didn't get to see him play, but his numbers weren't that bad (though he got one maybe 2 TD in garbage time).

I assume he doesn't have a lot of time in the pocket. 

28/51   332 yards   3TDs  3INT

There were dropped passes.  A number of times the offense was penalized for illegal formations.

I don't know what Lawrence's high school team was like but when he came into college he had a very good team around him.

He doesn't now.

• Upvote 1

My Raiders trying their best to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Got the w, but just. 

I enjoyed the MNF crew with Payton, Eli and their various guests. A big change from prior years. Oddly refreshing. Lolled at Payton in OT saying that the Raiders were trying to ice their own kicker.