The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw - 2

Kass9

And to everyone that hasn't seen Re-Animator, you will not be disappointed. Funny, gory, and short too (which I think is better in horror films). If I remember correctly, it clocks in around 85 minutes.

As I said, I love horror movies, and there are some great films out there. But Re-Animator is the t*ts. Oh, and Dead Alive, so gory.

Finally got around to watching "Man With the Iron Fists", a Tarantino-esque martial arts directed by and starring RZA. (Anyone who's been watching Californication will recognize RZA as Samurai Apocalypse)

The action combines the requisite gravity defying stunts with plenty of spurting blood and heroes triumphing over seemingly impossible odds. There is also a large dose of fantasy interspersed, mainly with the inclusion of pro wrestler Bautista, who can change his skin to bronze for brief periods. (Handy when someone is trying to punch or stab you)

The film also includes Russell Crowe and Lucy Liu for some added star power.

I have to say that although this movie was widely panned, I rather enjoyed it. Don't try and take it too seriously, sit back and enjoy the ride.

Worth seeing, IMO. I'd give it a 6 out of 10.

Seriously?

See, the Blair Witch Project was a fantastic movie when it came out. I'm pretty sure it was the first ever movie of its kind, but compared to some of the movies now... Meh.

Hell, i'd say i got more scared at the first Paranormal Activity than the Blair Witch Project.

the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre is probably my all-time favourite movie. I cannot believe how many remakes/sequels/prequels are out there, yet none have been able to come even close to the original in terms of being disturbing, IMO.

I love me a good horror movie. But I have never, ever liked any of the Texas Chainsaw films. Not one. Not ever.

I hated it. One of the very few movies where I walked out of the theatre before the flick had finished.

I think the power of suggestion and only slightly hinting at possibilities that your imagination fills the gap in with are far more unsettling than "BOO!", jump here and a jump there

The classic movies aren't as much as "scary" as they are simply eerie and disturbing. BWP has that in spades. That ending scene with everyone screaming and the hand prints traumatized me as a child. It makes your imagination do the work. But I guess some people prefer the jumps and the visual effects. I blame the sad descent of the genre on them

i love blair witch

way, way, way, way better than paranormal activity and the like

I shouldn't really be saying anything, since the last time i watched it was like a year and a half ago so i don't really remember much..

I will say though that Paranormal Activity 1 definitely wasn't just a bunch of jump scares and whatnot. Every single one after the first one sucked bad, but the 1st one deserves some credit.

Elysium - 7/10

Stopped watching with 20 minutes to go till the end.

This was (as far as I got) actually really good - but I kept thinking to myself, man the book must be so much better! and then I'd think, man! this should have been made into a T.V series

I was sucked in during every action sequience (very well done btw) and whenever they actually decided to develop characters I wanted another 5-10 minutes (or 15 pages).

The acting was awesome, the CGI was spectactualar, the plot was awesome... but in the end, I couldn't finished because no matter what happened I wanted more.

I hated it. One of the very few movies where I walked out of the theatre before the flick had finished.

i think it's kind of funny how you'd pay theatre prices to go see a movie titled (and appropriately marketed as) "the texas chainsaw massacre," then walk out on it

haha

what, exactly, were you expecting?

• Upvote 1

i think it's kind of funny how you'd pay theatre prices to go see a movie titled (and appropriately marketed as) "the texas chainsaw massacre," then walk out on it

haha

Maybe an entertaining movie? Just because a guy cuts up people with a chainsaw doesn't mean it can't have other elements like writing and acting. it was nouveau for 1974 and that's about it. It certainly didn't stand up to time when I saw it some 15 years later. I do see many horror movies and enjoy most of them.

Edited by hudson bay rules

Seriously?

Yeah, I started zoning out at times. I get it's supposed to leave a lot up to your interpretation of what happened, but I honestly stopped caring after the first 30 minutes. I hated all 3 characters, especially the main girl. Also, how many times does the word F**k have to be said? I don't care about swearing but I didn't expect it at all from this movie and that kind of pissed me off.

Since this was also my first time watching and compared to how Horror movies are made now, it was not that great. Even low budget movies now have more compared to Blair Witch Project. Just not a fan of this movie.

haha

I know, right? I may not have enjoyed it when I saw it when I was 11, but come on. "This movie sucks! Where's the pond hockey!"

Finally got around to watching "Man With the Iron Fists", a Tarantino-esque martial arts directed by and starring RZA. (Anyone who's been watching Californication will recognize RZA as Samurai Apocalypse)

The action combines the requisite gravity defying stunts with plenty of spurting blood and heroes triumphing over seemingly impossible odds. There is also a large dose of fantasy interspersed, mainly with the inclusion of pro wrestler Bautista, who can change his skin to bronze for brief periods. (Handy when someone is trying to punch or stab you)

The film also includes Russell Crowe and Lucy Liu for some added star power.

I have to say that although this movie was widely panned, I rather enjoyed it. Don't try and take it too seriously, sit back and enjoy the ride.

Worth seeing, IMO. I'd give it a 6 out of 10.

Certainly best sound track I've heard in a long while

Prisoners was fantastic. You kind of start to work out what's going on as the movie goes on and for that reason I won't give it a full 10, but it was still great. And creepy as hell. Probably one of the best movies I've seen in recent years.

9/10

EDIT: Changed to 9 having had time to reflect upon it.

Edited by Scottish⑦Canuck