The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw - 2

Kass9

14 hours ago, Z.Kassian9 said:

Saw Spider-Man Far From Home last night and man I gotta say, what an amazing movie. 10/10 and possibly the best solo Marvel movie so far. Great visuals, great character development and great story. There is a mid and post credit scene so definitely stick around and watch those, also possibly the best mid and post credits scene to date. I love how Marvel keeps impressing us with these scenes.

I'm just sad that we are going to have to wait 2-3 years for the next marvel movie...

Monty was right all along, there IS a god

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

On 7/3/2019 at 7:51 AM, Z.Kassian9 said:

Saw Spider-Man Far From Home last night and man I gotta say, what an amazing movie. 10/10 and possibly the best solo Marvel movie so far. Great visuals, great character development and great story. There is a mid and post credit scene so definitely stick around and watch those, also possibly the best mid and post credits scene to date. I love how Marvel keeps impressing us with these scenes.

I'm just sad that we are going to have to wait 2-3 years for the next marvel movie...

2-3 years for the next spiderman maybe. The next MCU film is May 2020

• 3 weeks later...

Moneyball

There’s a few movies since 2000 that stick out as great rewatch movies. May not necessarily crack my top 20, but they are strong movies nonetheless that are always good to watch again. Moneyball is one of those movies. Forget the fact that I was an A’s fan growing up in the 80s and 90s. As an adult, I’m far more interested in how companies evolve, and sport franchises as well. Billy Beane and the Athletics really did completely reinvent how franchises put together a team. Love it.

Other movies since 2000 I can always watch:

The Social Network

Django Unchained

Hot Fuzz

Mad Max Fury Road

Again, not my favourites, but always good to watch again.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Monty said:

Moneyball

There’s a few movies since 2000 that stick out as great rewatch movies. May not necessarily crack my top 20, but they are strong movies nonetheless that are always good to watch again. Moneyball is one of those movies. Forget the fact that I was an A’s fan growing up in the 80s and 90s. As an adult, I’m far more interested in how companies evolve, and sport franchises as well. Billy Beane and the Athletics really did completely reinvent how franchises put together a team. Love it.

The Social Network

Django Unchained

Hot Fuzz

Mad Max Fury Road

Catch Me If You Can

The Departed

1 hour ago, Down by the River said:

Endgame ?/10...

I lost interest after Tony Stark seemed to have solved how to time travel in a few hours. 

I'm still trying to figure out how none of Avengers turned to dust, when handling the individual stone without wearing gloves.?:sadno:

32 minutes ago, gurn said:

I'm still trying to figure out how none of Avengers turned to dust, when handling the individual stone without wearing gloves.?:sadno:

They didn’t because the script said they wouldn’t. It’s clever, right? :mellow:

Just now, gurn said:

I have to get older, I don't have to grow up.:P

Oh, I still enjoy a good popcorn flick or 'kids' movie. I just have so much comic book movie fatigue from the last 15'ish years that I truly could not remotely muster up the will or desire to sit through another paper thin, formulaic 'plot' of more CGI eye candy than actual movie :bored:

Other than Deadpool (more so because it appeals to my inner pervert/misfit), I'm pretty sure the last Comic movie I watched was Iron Man 3...6 years ago. And even that was a struggle.

13 hours ago, Monty said:

The Social Network

Django Unchained

Hot Fuzz

Mad Max Fury Road

My list (since 2000):

District 9

There will be Blood

Drive

Sicario

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, aGENT said:

Oh, I still enjoy a good popcorn flick or 'kids' movie. I just have so much comic book movie fatigue from the last 15'ish years that I truly could not remotely muster up the will or desire to sit through another paper thin, formulaic 'plot' of more CGI eye candy than actual movie :bored:

Other than Deadpool (more so because it appeals to my inner pervert/misfit), I'm pretty sure the last Comic movie I watched was Iron Man 3...6 years ago. And even that was a struggle.

My advice, if you were to watch one, it would be Thor 3. Taika Waititi (Hunt for the Wilderpeople, What We Do In The Shadows, some Flight of the Conchords episodes) wrote and directed it. The most un-Marvel film of them all. Really good.

37 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

My list (since 2000):

District 9

There will be Blood

Drive

Sicario

Was thinking about Drive. But I don’t like to watch it too much. Probably because it’s so good, I hate to think I’ll get sick of it.

There Will Be Blood I’ve seen twice. Loved it. But don’t think I can watch it over and over.

Sicario I didn’t like the first time, possibly because I didn’t pay full attention. But loved it on my second viewing, where I gave it my whole attention.

Been a while since I watched District 9.

Only watched Blade Runner 2049 once, but I really liked it. Thinking it’s time to watch again.

• Cheers 1