Rate The Last Movie You Saw - 2

Kass9

14 hours ago, Monty said:

Other movies since 2000 I can always watch:

The Social Network

Django Unchained

Hot Fuzz

Mad Max Fury Road

Again, not my favourites, but always good to watch again.

Super 8 for me.

Sometimes I feel it is my all time favourite movie.

45 minutes ago, Monty said:

My advice, if you were to watch one, it would be Thor 3. Taika Waititi (Hunt for the Wilderpeople, What We Do In The Shadows, some Flight of the Conchords episodes) wrote and directed it. The most un-Marvel film of them all. Really good.

Id agree.  Ragnarok was really good, much better than the slew of other Marvel movies.  

Has anyone watched Dark Phoenix?  It wasnt very well received but I absolutely loved it, maybe because I grew up reading Blue&Gold team X men in the early 90's

36 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

Super 8 for me.

Sometimes I feel it is my all time favourite movie.

I remember liking Super 8. But, as an adult watching it, had a difficult time separating it from kid adventure movies from my youth, and thinking it wasn’t nearly as good.

Still fun, though.

34 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I think I was one of the only 12 people on Earth (that up until last year) hadn't seen a SINGLE episode of Game of Thrones.:P

Lucky. That show sh*t the bed after season 4. I told my buddies so many times in season 5 and 6 that the show had gotten really, really bad. They were too caught up in the hype machine (much like anyone who liked The Walking Dead after season 2) that they were blinded by how bland the show had become.

29 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Just went to a movie for the first time in a very long while.  Saw John Wick III.  Fantastic!  Best movie since Robocop.  Lots of great violence and humour.  Laughed really good throughout the whole show.  

That honour goes to Demolition Man.

7ECEE59B-94ED-4FAE-A1BD-D70CB3FA0085.gif

914B476C-CE63-4324-B964-F20F04577744.gif

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Shift-4 said:

Watching Blade Runner 2049 again right now.

Brilliant.

Like it more each time.

Cinemaphotography is amazing. So many scenes with focus on one colour. Beautiful.

And I don't care if neighbours walls are shaking.

DV is a fantastic director.  I highly recommend watching Enemy as well and of course Sicario if u haven't already.   His next movie is re-do of DUNE.   

11 hours ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

DV is a fantastic director.  I highly recommend watching Enemy as well and of course Sicario if u haven't already.   His next movie is re-do of DUNE.   

I have Enemy in my queue. Been there for over a year, now.

• Like 1

midsommar: 7/10

first hour is brutal. relentlessly negative and eerie. then it kinda slows down into 90 minutes of pastoral creepiness.

definitely don't like it as much as his other movie, Hereditary, or other A24 spookers like the Witch, but it's definitely enjoyable if a tad disappointing given my high expectations

spiderman: into the spider-verse: 9/10

this was super good, and easily the best marvel/super hero movie i've seen to date. deal w it

35 minutes ago, GLASSJAW said:

first hour is brutal. relentlessly negative and eerie. then it kinda slows down into 90 minutes of pastoral creepiness.

definitely don't like it as much as his other movie, Hereditary, or other A24 spookers like the Witch, but it's definitely enjoyable if a tad disappointing given my high expectations

Don’t get to watch movies in theatres much anymore. Was hoping there was some way I’d be able to watch it, but will have to wait a few more months. Not a big deal, as it’s certainly not a movie needed to see on the big screen.

35 minutes ago, GLASSJAW said:

spiderman: into the spider-verse: 9/10

this was super good, and easily the best marvel/super hero movie i've seen to date. deal w it

I watched it a month or so ago, and thought it was pretty good. Then, I watched something recently about the animation, which made me appreciate it a lot more.

Apparently, Miles Morales’ animation as Spider-Man at the beginning of the film was done at something like 16 frames per second, while Peter Parker’s Spider-Man, even when on the screen at the same time, was done at 24 frames per second. This was intentionally done to show that Morales was still learning, and thus, was not as polished, confident, and still “green”. It wasn’t until late in the movie that he was then he increased to 24 frames per second, as his character grew and evolved into the character he was meant to be. That is a crazy amount of detail for the filmmakers to focus on.

I still wouldn’t watch it again, but I appreciate that amount of passion and care.

On 7/27/2019 at 10:49 AM, GLASSJAW said:

definitely don't like it as much as his other movie, Hereditary, or other A24 spookers like the Witch, but it's definitely enjoyable if a tad disappointing given my high expectations.

I feel the same way.  Maybe even 6.5 for me because I just didnt really walk away with anything worth remembering, but it was interesting and a well made movie. 

1 hour ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

I feel the same way.  Maybe even 6.5 for me because I just didnt really walk away with anything worth remembering, but it was interesting and a well made movie. 

I actually probably had a lower score, 6/6.5 as well. but i went home and read a couple of interviews with the director/writer and read a few reviews and i was able to appreciate it a lot more -- but i still don't feel compelled to watch it again, even with those ideas in mind

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

Disappointed.

Maybe I over hyped it for myself but I was completely unimpressed. Most scenes were too slow and drawn out. 

Left wondering what was the point of it all. 

Tarantino was half reminiscing, half mocking about that time in the industry.

Putting random stars from Hollywood history came across like pointless name dropping. Cringeworthy.  

I liked Brad Pitt in it. That's about the only good thing I can think of.

The ending definitely tugged at the heart strings (if you know the history).

35 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

Disappointed.

Maybe I over hyped it for myself but I was completely unimpressed. Most scenes were too slow and drawn out. 

Putting random stars from Hollywood history came across like pointless name dropping. Cringeworthy.  

Going to be watching this and Midsommer tomorrow.

2 hours ago, Shift-4 said:

Disappointed.

Ah that's too bad.  Funny how movies can be so good for some but not for others.  To each their own!   

• Cheers 1

On 7/26/2019 at 9:37 PM, SILLY GOOSE said:

His next movie is re-do of DUNE.   

:shock::wub::towel:

Edit:

Just looked up more info on this...DV is like THE perfect guy to direct this, Zimmer composing and the cast looks stellar! STOKED! :goat::towel::frantic:

Edited by aGENT
  • Like 1

On 5/24/2019 at 8:45 AM, Monty said:

Either going to watch Beneath the Silver Lake tonight, or stick to the tried and true...

738C2F8B-D457-411E-895D-0CF8112C19F5.gif

Watched Under the Silver Lake last night. It had a cool tone underlying it. The "LA is evil, full of conspiracies and prostitution and corruption, etc." angle is always one that I enjoy. The movie might have dialed things up a little too high. It was hard to know what was real/dreamed/hallucinated. I'd give it a 7/10. I might give it a higher score after I see a review explaining everything... possible I just missed things.

• Upvote 1

On 7/26/2019 at 9:37 PM, SILLY GOOSE said:

yeah; you could see the drop off between Sicario 1 and 2. Maybe it was the story as well, but there was a clear distinction as to which one was better

• Upvote 1