The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw - 2

Kass9

Exodus: Gods and Kings- 8/10

I don't really know the story of Moses and Ramses, all I knew was that there were 12 plagues, a parting of a sea, and Ten Commandments (I'm not a Christian). Just going off the movie alone, I really liked it and thought the story was really interesting. The cast was quite solid, had my doubts about the guy who was playing Ramses (saw him in Warrior) but he was actually very good. The movie looks epic just by the way scenes are shot and how grand everything looks, the 3D was poor though. I personally thought it was a solid movie all around, maybe the runtime is a little bit too long but it's still a good movie regardless.

Hobbit: Battle of Five Armies -- 6.5/10

6.5 because of the time, and because I thought it was somewhat far from a 10 because of all these horrid Evangeline Lilly scenes and other canonical deviations. Overall, it was okay, not the most impressive, but hey, free is free.

qDhuPFu.jpg

Nightcrawler - 8.5/10

Terrific acting, well written and beautifully shot. Not a perfect film, with a few choices from the director I wasn't too fond of. However, still better than majority of films on the market.

---------------------------------------------------------

The Hobbit #3 (so very tired) - 5.5/10

It gets a passing grade from me, simply because I'm a big, big Tolkien fan. However, this was hands down the worst out of the 3, and the first film was bad.

Land Ho! - 9/10

Maybe just the perfect lazy Sunday winter movie but I loved this. Two older estranged brothers-in-law, one from Texas the other Australia, travelling around in Iceland. The Texan is kind of perma-stoned, always trying to make something happen, while the Aussie more reserved and awkward trying to sneak off to have personal moments.

Being in Iceland the movie basically shoots itself, but the real triumph was the chemistry between the two. Fantastic little movie.

Edited by The Bookie

christmas story: 10/10 -- the perfect christmas movie IMO. extremely well written, very charming, and sentimental without beating you over the head with it

elf: 6/10 -- opposite of above. extremely sentimental, but bashes you over the head with it through cheesy dialogue and music. still cute tho

arthur christmas: 8.5/10 -- love it.

dumb and dumber to: 6/10 -- watched part of a second time and the jokes were thin. few funny bits. but yah. not great

Edited by GLASSJAW

The Maze Runner - 5/10

Worth watching, I guess. SFX were really well done; although, this should be expected nowadays, as there is no excuse for poor SFX. Acting was decent, for a YA movie.

That said, I came out of it confused because nothing was explained and there is still, I assume, another movie or two coming.

Hobbit: Battle of Five Armies - 9/10. Beginning started out a bit slow but one the battles began was where the action started to pick up. I thought the battle scenes were great, though the ones in the LOTR are still some of the best. Also, I thought the ending was serviceable for the hobbit trilogy and a good lead in into the LOTR, made me want to rewatch the LOTR trilory again. This movie was definitely more focused on the battles and not on the dragon and smeagle, which might contribute to why it was my favorite of the trilogy.

The Interview - 7/10. Had several laughs throughout the movie and was enjoyable/some silly fun. Would never have otherwise seen this movie without the controversy and felt like I did my democratic duty afterward.

Edited by Bure1994Mclean