The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw - 2

Kass9

42 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

:lol: Was it The Wanderers or The Warriors that had the Dickie Boys come mess up the end of the football game?

I have seen both but it has been about 30 years.   Ah memories.

That would be The Wanderers and The Ducky Boys (who were actually a very real gang) were the ones to interrupt the match .....a movie favourite regardless of the fact it would never win an Academy award.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

That would be The Wanderers and The Ducky Boys (who were actually a very real gang) were the ones to interrupt the match .....a movie favourite regardless of the fact it would never win an Academy award.

Thanks Cerri

I thought it was the Wanderers. With Ken Wahl, right?

Ducky, Dickie.......I was only a half a mug a coffee into my day :P 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

Thanks Cerri

I thought it was the Wanderers. With Ken Wahl, right?

Ducky, Dickie.......I was only a half a mug a coffee into my day :P 

Yeppers it was.....made me a Ken Wahl fan for life, that movie did! :lol:

I've always liked The Warriors, too. And Lords of Flatbush - hello, Sly Stallone, Henry Winkler, Perry King of 1974

lords-of-flatbush--1_med.jpeg

4 hours ago, Shift-4 said:

:lol: Was it The Wanderers or The Warriors that had the Dickie Boys come mess up the end of the football game?

I have seen both but it has been about 30 years.   Ah memories.

Just have to decide whether to watch Fateful Findings or The Wanderers tonight. Haven't seen The Wanderers.

The good dinosaur 8/10

Great for the kiddies. A corn fed family of dinosaurs tend their farm when a storm comes and kills a family member while the son watches. Then teradactyle like creatures tear to shreds a raccoon like creature. Sam elliot appears as a buffalo hearding tyranasaurus which is amazing. And there is a dog who appears in the form of a small orphan boy . Overall its basically a mashup of homeward bound and the fox and the hound with dinosaurs. Will probably watch again and again my daughter likes dinosaurs. 

forgot all about this. 

i tried watching (season 1) of Attack on Titan. the third anime series I've tried to watch, ever. I saw this being mentioned all over the place and it has high ratings around the internet, so I figured I'd give it a try.

annnnd no. not for me. I got a shocking 19 episodes into the 25 episode season (each being about 20 minutes), and I just cannot continue. the story is absurd - not in a good way

i'd give it like a 4/10, points being given for creativity and art, but that's about it.

11 minutes ago, GLASSJAW said:

forgot all about this. 

i tried watching (season 1) of Attack on Titan. the third anime series I've tried to watch, ever. I saw this being mentioned all over the place and it has high ratings around the internet, so I figured I'd give it a try.

annnnd no. not for me. I got a shocking 19 episodes into the 25 episode season (each being about 20 minutes), and I just cannot continue. the story is absurd - not in a good way

i'd give it like a 4/10, points being given for creativity and art, but that's about it.

19 episode? Wow. I made it through a whopping 7 minutes and turned it off. 

But I'm NOT the target audience.

1 minute ago, Monty said:

19 episode? Wow. I made it through a whopping 7 minutes and turned it off. 

But I'm NOT the target audience.

I have massive OCD when it comes to this stuff, you have no idea. If I start a series, I finish it. If I start a book, I (almost always) finish it. I've turned off like five movies in the last 10 years. I watched all 7 seasons of True Blood and I hated almost every minute of seasons 2-7.

the fact that I couldn't even bring myself to finish the final 6 episodes of Attack on Titan despite my OCD approach to viewing speaks to my distaste, I think.

22 minutes ago, GLASSJAW said:

I have massive OCD when it comes to this stuff, you have no idea. If I start a series, I finish it. If I start a book, I (almost always) finish it. I've turned off like five movies in the last 10 years. I watched all 7 seasons of True Blood and I hated almost every minute of seasons 2-7.

the fact that I couldn't even bring myself to finish the final 6 episodes of Attack on Titan despite my OCD approach to viewing speaks to my distaste, I think.

I've never seen 1 second of True Blood, just the commercials for it. Looks like an absolute dumpster fire of a show.

Edited by Monty

I don't have that don't have that kind of issue of dropping a show I started with. 

It could be very early on like with The Walking Dead. But it could be into the last season of a show, like with sons of anarchy. Or The Shield. Or How I met your Mother. Or other shows that got worse and worse, until they were about nothing.

I like to give leeway, but when it gets to a certain point, I'm totally content having no idea how something turned out.

11 minutes ago, g_bassi13 said:

I don't have that don't have that kind of issue of dropping a show I started with. 

It could be very early on like with The Walking Dead. But it could be into the last season of a show, like with sons of anarchy. Or The Shield. Or How I met your Mother. Or other shows that got worse and worse, until they were about nothing.

I like to give leeway, but when it gets to a certain point, I'm totally content having no idea how something turned out.

That's where I'm at now. Pretty sure it was committing to Dexter where I learned my lesson.

I finally stopped watching Walking Dead midway through this season, because that show is the definition of "Wash, Rinse, Repeat."

One example from very recently is the Sci-fi show Continuum. Really enjoyed season 1, season 2 a little less so. Season 3 just lost the plot. I was so dis-interested that I didn't watch season 4 until just now, over two years after the season 3, and 10 months after it aired. Even though it was only a shortened six episodes of commitment. 

And it didn't exactly reward that commitment.

6 minutes ago, Monty said:

That's where I'm at now. Pretty sure it was committing to Dexter where I learned my lesson.

I finally stopped watching Walking Dead midway through this season, because that show is the definition of "Wash, Rinse, Repeat."

Bowed out early. Didn't need any special foresight to see where the show was going after the season 2 mid-season finale.

^^lol yeah I can see why that stuff would be an issue for a lot of shows. I guess where I differ is that I don't really pick up TV shows all that often, since I don't have cable anymore. I generally just test out HBO content, or stuff that I am particularly hyped for, like Ash vs. Evil Dead...

and speaking of which, I never finished Ash vs. Evil Dead. I was so busy during that period I just totally forgot about it. Should finish up that series soon.

I hope season 2 starts earlier in the year this time. Maybe early Oct, rather than late - seemed silly to be watching that show in December. Just wasn't into it. 

50 minutes ago, Monty said:

I've never seen 1 second of True Blood, just the commercials for it. Looks like an absolute dumpster fire of a show.

Several characters are really hilarious and a lot of fun. But Sookie gets pretty annoying.