The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw - 2

Kass9

Just now, Monty said:

Good luck. Wife and I rewatched them back in January. The prequels just get worse and worse.

I'll still love them. If nothing else, for the nostalgia and childhood memories. Should be enough for me to keep me from throwing the remote at Hayden Christensen's derpy face/acting.

Unless something changes with these superhero films, this is how I'm going to refer to them and likely rate them going forward:

Superhero Film #4 Released in 2016 - Pile of sh*t/10

Edited by Monty
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Monty said:

Unless something changes with these superhero films, this is how I'm going to refer to them and likely rate them going forward:

Superhero Film #4 Released in 2016 - Pile of sh*t/10

:lol:

I don't necessarily agree with your superhero analysis as I enjoy a lot of them. But $&!#, that's funny.

Without a doubt there is some superhero exhaustion happening. So many out there that I don't even bother with some.

And I don't expect any of them to ever be as good as Batman Begins. :) 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

:lol:

I don't necessarily agree with your superhero analysis as I enjoy a lot of them. But $&!#, that's funny.

Without a doubt there is some superhero exhaustion happening. So many out there that I don't even bother with some

I just downloaded the most recent one and watched it with the wife and my mom yesterday. I was confused. Not like "I don't understand what it going on in the film"; but more "I don't understand why someone green lit this wet fart."

.And I don't expect any of them to ever be as good as Batman Begins. :) 

To me, the best superhero film released.

1 minute ago, Monty said:

I just downloaded the most recent one and watched it with the wife and my mom yesterday. I was confused. Not like "I don't understand what it going on in the film"; but more "I don't understand why someone green lit this wet fart."

Assuming that is the Green Lantern?

Why did you bother?  That looked like a steaming pile of crap from the trailers :lol:  One of those ones where I said pass.

1 minute ago, Shift-4 said:

Assuming that is the Green Lantern?

Why did you bother?  That looked like a steaming pile of crap from the trailers :lol:  One of those ones where I said pass.

X-Men Apocalypse.

Saw Independence Day: Resurgence.

Despite all of the poor reviews it got, I actually enjoyed it. Now It won't win an academy award but if you have nothing to do on a gloomy day, its worth seeing. I wont spoil it, but the storyline is very similar to the first one.

"We will not go quietly into the night!"

President Whitemore

Edited by ReggieBush

22 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

I always thought of it was a Judd Hirsch movie

I've always liked him, since the Taxi days. Did well in Dear John, Numbers and Forever( with Ion Gruffuld, which some network moron cancelled.)

1 minute ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

So I liked Neon Demon, but I doubt many people will.

Nicolas Winding Refn showed so much promise, but after the crap show that was Only God Forgives, followed by very mediocre reviews for ND have me believing he's in a massive funk.