The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw - 2

Kass9

Ready Player One. Also kind of "meh". Nice CGI, but the story was rather predictable. Didn't feel a lot of empathy for the characters.

regards,  G.

A Perfect Getaway

I knew this was going to suck. On one hand, it stars Timothy Olyphant, so it’s gotta be watchable, right? Well, before you go any further, scan to the right and you’ll see Milla Jovovich and Steve Zahn right beside him in the starring credits.

Barf/10

22 minutes ago, Monty said:

A Perfect Getaway

I knew this was going to suck. On one hand, it stars Timothy Olyphant, so it’s gotta be watchable, right? Well, before you go any further, scan to the right and you’ll see Milla Jovovich and Steve Zahn right beside him in the starring credits.

Barf/10

Ya but Milla?

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, GLASSJAW said:

lady bird: 8/10. not usually a big fan of coming of age stories, but this one was pretty damn funny, and had a pretty good emotional kick to it as well.

I was also surprised at how much I enjoyed it. Good movie. 

Finally caught Wind River now that it's on Netflix. I thoroughly enjoyed how real the director made the whole story feel. The characters were really well written with interesting dialogue that kept me engaged throughout.

• Upvote 1

Ready Player One 4/10

If you have read the book. Don't bother with the movie. I don't know how Spielberg could get it so wrong and I was stoked when he picked up the project. Of course its a dystopian future but the book is aimed at those who discovered cartridge video games, D&D and John Hughes movies while dreaming of the future from a basement filled with Mad magazines and WWF action figures, a time when it took two days to get a message to your best friend and the idea of cell phone was as realistic as a Tricorder.

The movie seems to try to relate to all gamer generations and ends up just another fun joy ride through CGI but not much more. 

10 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

The Visit. 

One of the best horror films I've seen in years. M. Night Shyamalan is in top form and the performances are amazing as well. 

Huh. I thought it was unintentionally funny.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I thought that very same way about the first Robo Cop.  Maybe these movies are (kind of) intended to be funny though?  

Well Robocop definitely. Paul Verhoeven is known for his satire.

But M. Night Shyamalan isn’t that clever. And by clever, I mean funny.

• Upvote 1