The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Multiple Warning Signs Surrounding Zack Kassian

King of the ES

You can't reward a player with decent line mates that hasn't learned that he needs to play the entire shift and game hard. Needs to learn that part of the game in the bottom six before he gets a chance.

The ironing is delicious. Was your precious ready for the top 6?

Imma big fan but I gotta say; aside from him drawing the penalty his game was weak.

He drew two I thought - one for high sticking, the other being interfered on behind the net.

Regardless, I thought he had a good game.

I really hope Kassian can push for a spot on the second line. Burrows - Bonino - Higgins is solid but not threatening.

Me too - either Kass or Vey. I think it will give better balance to the depth. If there's no clear cut 2nd line, go for two very very good 3rds. The two lines are also pretty interchangeable, which will be important because I suspect WD is going to have to juggle according to who's hot at the time.

Heres the thing with Kass. He's the type of player that can make an impact. Problem is that he contributes both positively and negatively, and at this point the negative out weighs the positive. We continue to hope and pray thatll change, but he makes it tough for his coaches to put trust into his game. Theres no doubt that hes a fan favorite.... Which leads to fans wearing rose colored glasses. I get that.... But the kid is not a responsible hockey player, period. At least not yet.

I'm just of the opinion that a player like Nick Jensen may be a better option, as we dont give up size and we gain speed. He may make as many errors as Kassian.. as a rookie does... but Jensen is a sniper, and when you have guys like Burrows and Bonino winning boards battles, turning over pucks, crashing the crease... that line could use a shooter imo. Kass is a more physical player, but it's not like he's overly physical. Hes a solid playmaker, but like his physicality these plays are few and far between. Hes a bottom 6 player for me, and Id actually like to see him with Matthias and Dorsett... with Hansen in the press box.

I hope Kassian can convince me otherwise, cause Ive been a huge supporter of his since he got here.... But this is his make or break season imo... Thus Ill give him the rest of the year to change my mind. If he continues to cost us more goals than he creates... Ill be happier seeing him ride the pine, and making room for some new blood.

Heres the thing with Kass. He's the type of player that can make an impact. Problem is that he contributes both positively and negatively, and at this point the negative out weighs the positive. We continue to hope and pray thatll change, but he makes it tough for his coaches to put trust into his game. Theres no doubt that hes a fan favorite.... Which leads to fans wearing rose colored glasses. I get that.... But the kid is not a responsible hockey player, period. At least not yet.

I'm just of the opinion that a player like Nick Jensen may be a better option, as we dont give up size and we gain speed. He may make as many errors as Kassian.. as a rookie does... but Jensen is a sniper, and when you have guys like Burrows and Bonino winning boards battles, turning over pucks, crashing the crease... that line could use a shooter imo. Kass is a more physical player, but it's not like he's overly physical. Hes a solid playmaker, but like his physicality these plays are few and far between. Hes a bottom 6 player for me, and Id actually like to see him with Matthias and Dorsett... with Hansen in the press box.

I hope Kassian can convince me otherwise, cause Ive been a huge supporter of his since he got here.... But this is his make or break season imo... Thus Ill give him the rest of the year to change my mind. If he continues to cost us more goals than he creates... Ill be happier seeing him ride the pine, and making room for some new blood.

Your comments say nothing to suggest that you are a huge supporter of Kassian as you claim, on the contrary you seem to slagg every positive trait about him. Like I said he sees the ice well he is an excellent passer and he scores goals. He is physical in the offensive end goes to the net. The main issue I have with him is his stamina, he gets exhausted way to quick in his shift.

Your comments say nothing to suggest that you are a huge supporter of Kassian as you claim, on the contrary you seem to slagg every positive trait about him. Like I said he sees the ice well he is an excellent passer and he scores goals. He is physical in the offensive end goes to the net. The main issue I have with him is his stamina, he gets exhausted way to quick in his shift.

He costs the team much more then he helps and he's no longer a rookie, this is why he's not in the top six dispite his upside. Untill he learns to play responsibly he's a liability on the ice, we can't play all his shifts 5 on 4 end of story.

Why can't people just accept that he needs more time working and learning with a limited role to better his game. He obviously doesn't do what his coaches ask of him or he wouldn't continuously get demoted down the lineup, I think the coaching staff knows and understands him better then you or I.

He costs the team much more then he helps and he's no longer a rookie, this is why he's not in the top six dispite his upside. Untill he learns to play responsibly he's a liability on the ice, we can't play all his shifts 5 on 4 end of story.

Why can't people just accept that he needs more time working and learning with a limited role to better his game. He obviously doesn't do what his coaches ask of him or he wouldn't continuously get demoted down the lineup, I think the coaching staff knows and understands him better then you or I.

not even close......he does far more good than bad. In fact, he's no more of a liability than any player currently in the lineup.

not even close......he does far more good than bad. In fact, he's no more of a liability than any player currently in the lineup.

I don't think were watching the same player?

Nor are his coaches, you should call them up and let them know the Zack they thought they were coaching is the wrong guy.

Once Kassian figures out his consistency from game to game or even shift to shift then we will have a dominant power forward. Bertuzzi never figured it out until he was 27 years old. Kassian is the exact type of player teams dream about for the playoffs when he is on his game. Let WD work with him and give him time.

Once Kassian figures out his consistency from game to game or even shift to shift then we will have a dominant power forward. Bertuzzi never figured it out until he was 27 years old. Kassian is the exact type of player teams dream about for the playoffs when he is on his game. Let WD work with him and give him time.

What he said ^^

Archived