The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 7.0

First of dont be a douche, Secondly you could also look at it as Schneider wouldnt have a Jennings without Luo or the strong defense he played behind, and to that point most any backup may have been able to have that good a year playing in behind the defense that year. Your posts sentence structure was viewed as LUONGO negative since most of your posts are, I responded by posting that your negative view of Luongo was a weak ass argument especially since Luo had better stats. But hey you have every right to be an internet tough guy even though your probably some overweight 40 something man sitting in your moms basment with cheeto stains all over your shirt. Done with you. and that last response shows your immaturity and lack of respect...was that necessary to make your point?

-_- so luongo owes the Jennings to his defense and back up goalie

But Thomas is all mighty lord of lords and doesn't owe anything he's accomplished to having rask as a back up and ALWAYS playing on a team with a Norris dman?

Thomas has had one phenomenal playoff and two phenomenal regular seasons. Otherwise he's been a bum.

Yup makes sense

-_- so luongo owes the Jennings to his defense and back up goalie

But Thomas is all mighty lord of lords and doesn't owe anything he's accomplished to having rask as a back up and ALWAYS playing on a team with a Norris dman?

Thomas has had one phenomenal playoff and two phenomenal regular seasons. Otherwise he's been a bum.

Yup makes sense

I'd love to see Luo play in Florida where he wants to be, but I'd also love to see what the Islanders could do with him as their backstop.

I wasn't surprised by the Isles emergence this year - they were a team on the verge.

Imo they absolutely dominated Pittsburgh - the Pens were extremely fortunate to survive that series. The Islanders were relentless puck hounds, owned possession, tilted the ice, and made Pittsburgh looks slow and unable to stem the tide of their constant pressure.

There were only four Isles with a negative corsi on in that series - two of them were key shutdown guys - Hamonic and Cizikas - one was Grabner, who is (still) a bit of a floater.

The Isles also have some quality youth on their blueline, and if they can re-sign Streit (or equivalent) their future is pretty damn bright.

I've made my share of NYI proposals here, so I'm not going to repeat them, but the Isles sure have some interesting young guys...(Nelson, Neiderreiter, Cizikas, Okposo...)

First of dont be a douche, Secondly you could also look at it as Schneider wouldnt have a Jennings without Luo or the strong defense he played behind, and to that point most any backup may have been able to have that good a year playing in behind the defense that year. Your posts sentence structure was viewed as LUONGO negative since most of your posts are, I responded by posting that your negative view of Luongo was a weak ass argument especially since Luo had better stats. But hey you have every right to be an internet tough guy even though your probably some overweight 40 something man sitting in your moms basment with cheeto stains all over your shirt. Done with you.

Guys I want to be like martin Luther king of this thread regarding the goalie situation...

Why can't we all get along? We are in a very good position with goal tending and we love the canucks.

Lui will move bad Cory will most likely lead our team.

Its getting childish how Cory fans are insulting lui and lui fans including my self are insulting other goalies to bring lui up

I want a CDC IN PEACE. Just support the team.

Guys I want to be like martin Luther king of this thread regarding the goalie situation...

Why can't we all get along? We are in a very good position with goal tending and we love the canucks.

Its getting childish how Cory fans are insulting lui and lui fans including my self are insulting other goalies to bring lui up

I'd love to see Luo play in Florida where he wants to be, but I'd also love to see what the Islanders could do with him as their backstop.

I wasn't surprised by the Isles emergence this year - they were a team on the verge.

Imo they absolutely dominated Pittsburgh - the Pens were extremely fortunate to survive that series. The Islanders were relentless puck hounds, owned possession, tilted the ice, and made Pittsburgh looks slow and unable to stem the tide of their constant pressure.

There were only four Isles with a negative corsi on in that series - two of them were key shutdown guys - Hamonic and Cizikas - one was Grabner, who is (still) a bit of a floater.

The Isles also have some quality youth on their blueline, and if they can re-sign Streit (or equivalent) their future is pretty damn bright.

I've made my share of NYI proposals here, so I'm not going to repeat them, but the Isles sure have some interesting young guys...(Nelson, Neiderreiter, Cizikas, Okposo...)

Its been discussed before, but I too have a feeling that to get the right young player to help move the franchise forward in any Luongo deal, that the Canucks may be taking on a bad contract to buy out.... eg: niederrieter + dipietro for luongo.

it makes sense for Gillis to present Aquillini with the idea to raise ticket prices to pay for this buyout aswell, which will cost them around 1.5 million per year for the next 16 years according to capgeek.

the fans will pay for the buyout, but will also get to see a young stud added to the lineup. If I were the owner, this is the kind of proposal Id like to see from my GM.

btw, Neiderrieter has looked absolutley fantastic at the WHCs. With 5 goals and 8 points in 9 games, he looks ready for the NHL.

Its been discussed before, but I too have a feeling that to get the right young player to help move the franchise forward in any Luongo deal, that the Canucks may be taking on a bad contract to buy out.... eg: niederrieter + dipietro for luongo.

it makes sense for Gillis to present Aquillini with the idea to raise ticket prices to pay for this buyout aswell, which will cost them around 1.5 million per year for the next 16 years according to capgeek.

the fans will pay for the buyout, but will also get to see a young stud added to the lineup. If I were the owner, this is the kind of proposal Id like to see from my GM.

btw, Neiderrieter has looked absolutley fantastic at the WHCs. With 5 goals and 8 points in 9 games, he looks ready for the NHL.

I agree Neiderrieter should be a target,

Van: Luongo + Schroeder + (UFA) Raymond

for

NYI: Depietro + Neiderrieter

I want to see Raymond on a line with Grabner again and with Luongo maybe he can settle in with a new club fine

Dal: Eriksson

for

Van: Edler

FORWARDS

Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Loui Eriksson ($4.250m)

Nino Niederreiter ($2.795m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Alexandre Burrows ($4.500m)

Chris Higgins ($2.500m) / Brendan Gaunce ($1.057m) / Zack Kassian ($0.870m)

Raffi Torres ($2.000m) / Maxim Lapierre ($1.500m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)

Dale Weise ($0.750m) /

DEFENSEMEN

Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m)

Jason Garrison ($4.600m) / Chris Tanev ($1.500m)

Keith Ballard ($4.200m) / Frank Corrado ($0.599m)

Andrew Alberts ($1.000m) /

GOALTENDERS

Cory Schneider ($4.000m)

Eddie Lack ($0.750m)

Buyouts: Booth / Depietro

SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $64,521,111; BONUSES: $2,087,500

CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $1,866,389

Cap space left over for random depth signing.

I feel like Nederrieter isn't leaving, he is playing great at the WHCs that is what they need going forward. Even though goaltending is a great issue for them. They have Tavares,Nederrieter,Grabner,Moulson,Okposo,Bailey,Strome,Nielson. On D they got Hickey,MacDonald,Hamonic,Streit (UFA,VISNOVSKY (36 years old). Defense is a weak spot and so is Goaltending.

I feel like Nederrieter isn't leaving, he is playing great at the WHCs that is what they need going forward. Even though goaltending is a great issue for them. They have Tavares,Nederrieter,Grabner,Moulson,Okposo,Bailey,Strome,Nielson. On D they got Hickey,MacDonald,Hamonic,Streit (UFA,VISNOVSKY (36 years old). Defense is a weak spot and so is Goaltending.

Archived