The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why does Mike Gillis always get a free pass?

Canuckler87

AV is getting a lot of the blame and though I am no fan at all of his, i believe Mike Gillis deserves a lot of responsibility for the state we are in right now. He got rid of a lot of good players like Torres (and his was because he wanted 2 yrs instead of 1) and has got paltry returns for trades he has made (the Ballard deal) He has drafted poorly compared to Nonis and Burke too. He is over-rated GM. This teams core was not built by him.

Luongo's deal is horrible. There are many no trade clauses handed out undeservedly. So many mistakes have been made. I see us going down Calgarys path. MG is a OVER RATED GM.

Why stop at MG?

Blame the assistant coaches, the video coaches, the training and medical staff, the equipment managers, the front office staff, and the kids that stand by each entrance and give you the game programs.

Or how about blame the players for not playing well enough?

If we do end up getting bounced in the first round then MG & AV both need to go. I used to think MG was a great GM but then I opened my to all the bad moves he made, also the way he treated Manny. Im pretty sure he would of have come in handy in the last 2 games.

Why stop at MG?

Blame the assistant coaches, the video coaches, the training and medical staff, the equipment managers, the front office staff, and the kids that stand by each entrance and give you the game programs.

Or how about blame the players for not playing well enough?

Archived