The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Canucks coach talk. Keep all talk here.

MJDDawg

I don't like the hiring, some players may decide to move on. Bieksa is the kinda guy Torts likes though so who knows.

End of the day whether I hate or love this signing I still cheer for my team. I did so even during the dark years of the mid and late 90's.

It is what it is right

Let me guess:

Ballard, Kassian, Hansen, Sedins (because they no longer have to run the team) - all excited

Hamhuis, Garrison, Kesler, Booth - expecting the worst

Bieksa, Edler - crying while hugging each other

:bigblush:

I'd think hammer and kes would go in the same boat as the sedins as happy not to have to run the show

Darren Dreger says that Tortorella is the right fit for Vancouver.

Meh. "The right fit" is one of those overused phrases that analysts like to use to make it look like they know what they're talking about.

The fact is, Dregs doesn't really know whether it's a good fit any more than Doug McLean knows it's a bad fit.

Nobody knows how the players are going to react to a different voice in the dressing room, not even the players themselves. It won't be until the 25 game mark that anyone has a solid idea of whether Torts and his players are "fitting"...

Players like Weiss, Bieksa and likely others will already be packing their bags and moving on. Torts will rid the 'country club' serenity the players had under AV and Bowness and you know Luongo will want out ASAP.

Wow, we acquired Stephen Weiss?!?! Must have gone under that radar with the coaching news.

Archived