The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Avalanche coach wants to look into trading first overall

Oh man that would be so sweet. Canucks badly need a future #1 line center plus he would re-energize the fan base, MG has to see if he can get anything done. Plus having the Sedins and Kesler around to help ease him into the league would be a great situation. It would require moving some guys you don't want to see go but it's a lot easier to replace secondary players than it is to find a #1 Center.

No, because he's a dynamic powerful skater who has game changing abilities that come from his elite passing and shooting.

He's also a leader who was easily the most dominant player in the Memorial Cup. I think it's obvious for anyone that watched him, that he's far and above every other player his age. His hockey IQ is off the charts, just like Crosby's.

He'll easily be the best 1st overall pick of the last 5 years.

I meant last 5 meaning this year included.

He'll be the best of:

But he might be a better all around player than Stamkos though. Stamkos is fairly one dimensional IMO.

And no he likely won't be anywhere as good as Crosby, but he'll be the closest player to reach that level since Crosby IMO. And not to discredit Crosby's numbers at all because they were unbelievable in junior, but the QMJHL has gotten much more talented since then from what I've seen. Players aren't putting up the offensive numbers they used to in that league when the D being developed there were quite poor.

If somehow the Canucks could get this done, who would they take MacKinnon or Jones?

I know Canucks need a Centre and it makes all the sense to take Mackinnon. But, remember in the playoff against Chicago and that guy by the name of Byfuglien and how he created havoc the entire series. I really like Jones' size.

To colorado:

Edler, Canucks 1st (23 overall), 4th rounder

To Canucks:

1st overall

To Florida

Ryan Kesler, 1st rounder 2014

To Canucks:

2nd overall

Draft Mackinnon and Drouin

To NYI:

Roberto Luongo,

To Vancouver:

NYI 2nd this year, 2nd next year

You have to trade good players to get top picks. I think it would be amazing and burke like (sedins draft) to pull off these kinds of moves but we then have a top line to take over for sedins in 2-3 years.

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Booth Roy Hansen

Drouin Mckinnon Kassian

Higgins Lapierre Jensen

Hamhuis Bieksa

Garrison Tanev

Alberts Corrado

Scneider

Lack

Every year teams say this. And every year they end up using their anyways. They're just testing the waters to see if someone offers them something totally STUPID.

Thing is, of all the recent first overall draft choices, Colorado would seem to be the least likely to trade theirs. They have been seeking the young stud defenseman for some time, and Johnson simply hasn't been good enough to be that guy. Seth Jones fits a gaping hole in their line-up perfectly. I can't see them passing it up for anything less than a ridiculous package.

Florida has loads of center talent, When MacKinnon and Drouin are that close in ratings I could see them going after areas the are missing on talent. aka on the wing where Drouin plays. Then at the same time Tampa doesn't need another offensive center as they have Stamkos and Lecavier (both signed up long term) and since after the top 3, picks 4-7 are fairly close tampa may be interested in moving down a few slots and pick up a D or wing in calgarys position.

Florida prospect depth a center

Huberdeau

Shore

Bjugstad

Grimaldi

Archived